Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> SRT Subtitle files
idhToronto
post Jun 26 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,289,441

How can I import an SRT subtitle file into my Nero Vision project?

**UPDATE**
Have since found out i need to use Nero Recode

This post has been edited by idhToronto: Jun 26 2011, 02:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jun 28 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi idhToronto,

Yes, Nero Recode is the application that you need.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to incorporate a subtitle file into a new video using Nero Vision.
The Nero Digital Subtitle Settings window in Nero Recode allows you to create your own subtitle track. You can also import a subtitle track that is already available. In order to be able to import the track, the file must be saved in one of the following formats: SUB, SRT, SMI, SSA, ASS, PSB.
You can only insert your own subtitle track if you have selected the Nero Digital or AVC profile category and, accordingly, one of the following profiles for en-coding: Standard, Cinema, or HDTV.

Please note that your player (i.e. stand alone DVD-Player) has to support Nero Digital to be able to play back the file.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
linda70
post Aug 30 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,692,678

Why is this so? Many years ago, I dont remember which Nero vision it was, this was absolutely possible. Since then this has not been an option. WHY? This is mainly the reason why I earlier loved Nero, now I mostly turn to other softwares. Pity, because I find Nero the best, but need the subtitle-option. Not everyone have english as their first language, you know.

+Quote Post
wilter
post Aug 31 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,184,686

Nero uses the language of the operating system. However, if you are creating a new subtitle in Recode, you can select the language as shown in the lower left of the attached screenshot. This is in V10.

Wither

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 31 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi linda70,

As far as I know there was no Nero Vision that supported this. Only Nero Recode does.

Nero Vision is intented to create your own video DVDs, with your own video files. Generally, these videos do not need subtitles.

To recode "movies" with subtitles, we offer Nero Recode, and Nero Recode offers you this possibility.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
linda70
post Sep 15 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,692,678

Well, you are wrong. I did this with many movies, in Nero Vision Express. ;-)

I downloaded avi-movies, and also subtitles. I then joined them together to a dvd with Vision Express. I believe it was version... 5 maybe?

I believe Nero stopped this option because of movie-copyrights or something. If so, it is OK. I just think you could say so. Many people are asking about this option in Nero, but you just can`t give a decent answer. Very frustrating.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic