Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Uninstalling Nero 10 with clean tool
Hec51
post May 25 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,913,544

How is this supposed to work? I uninstalled Nero 10 through the control panel. I downloaded Nero clean tool and it says there is no more nero on my machine. Just to make sure I check the registry and all the Nero programs that were installed are still in the registry. Isn't the clean tool supposed to take care of any leftover Nero? The version I downloaded is 5.0.0.18
Is there another version I need?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 25 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

The general clean tool is used uninstall all Nero versions prior to V10. V10 is the first to use a Windows installer.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 25 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Hec51,

as wither said, the Nero General Cleantool will only work with older Nero versions (For Nero 9, Nero 8, Nero 7 , 6 and BackItUp4).
Uninstalling Nero 10 through the Control Panel is enough, you will not need to run the Cleantool to uninstall Nero 10.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Hec51
post May 25 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #4

If I do not need the clean tool with Nero 10, then what about the leftover Nero 10 in the registry? Should I delete Nero from there? If re-installing shouldn't it be a clean install? I have been trying to get this version 10 to run for a month now. Suggestions anyone?

+Quote Post
wither
post May 26 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Like any Windows Installer, there will always be leftover entries in your registry after an uninstall, just like there will be all kinds of files remaining on your hard drive.

If you're having a specific problem, please start a new thread on that problem.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 26 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Hec51,

Which is the exact problem that you are facing? Unfortunately we do not know about the problem that you are facing, so it will be very hard for us to help you. Regarding your question, uninstalling Nero from the Add and Remove programs function should uninstall the complete version. If there are still any Nero files in the registry, you can delete them manually. We will gladly help you with the Nero installation, but to do so, we would need to understand the exact problem that you are facing.

Do you get a specific error message during the installation process?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Hec51
post May 26 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Infohelp @ May 26 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Hi Hec51,

Which is the exact problem that you are facing? Unfortunately we do not know about the problem that you are facing, so it will be very hard for us to help you. Regarding your question, uninstalling Nero from the Add and Remove programs function should uninstall the complete version. If there are still any Nero files in the registry, you can delete them manually. We will gladly help you with the Nero installation, but to do so, we would need to understand the exact problem that you are facing.

Do you get a specific error message during the installation process?

Best regards,

Infohelp

I am still having the advrcntr5.dll missing error. I thought I would try un-installing Nero 10 to see if that would take care of it. I did receive your tech support email about re-registering the file but that did not work. Should I re install without deleting registry files? I have read on other sites that Windows 7 will not allow Nero delete from registry.
Sorry Wither I didn't know there was such strict etiquette when posting here.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 26 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I asked that you start a new thread on the actual problem because this thread concerns uninstalling Nero. The specific problem is different.

There's no problem in Win 7 with uninstalling Nero. One thing I found with searching the internet is that you have to pay close attention to when what you read was posted and which specific version of Nero it's referring to.

If you want to start with a fresh registry, my suggestion is to search it for your serial number. There is one key that holds it. Delete the entire thing. That won't delete all Nero entries in the registry but, to the installer, will look like you never had it installed.

+Quote Post
Hec51
post May 26 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #9

Thank you Wither,
I understand about reading other sites postings. I will try your suggestion on registry key.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 27 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Hi Hec51,

If the workaround that TechSupport sent you didn´t help, please reply to them and tell them that this didn´t solve the problem. As far as I know there is another way to register the file, but they will need a NeroSupport.cab file to tell you exactly how. In this case the Installation Team will have to help you. Please contact them again.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic