Start new topic
> Problem with Nero Kwik Media and .ts files
tjmartin
post May 4 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,963,927

Hello,

Sorry about the newbie post, but I just purchased Nero Multimedia Suite 10 last week and I have some TV shows that were recorded using .ts format. I put in the DVD that has these shows into my laptop and Nero Kwik Media seems to be loading the file, but then I get an error message from Vista. I have included a sequence of screen shots of the .ts file I am trying to load as well as activity and error messages I receive from kwik media after trying to load the file

Before purchasing Nero, I was using free GOM player to play .ts files(which I had to download a codec for so GOM could play them), but I would like to get rid of GOM player if I can somehow get kwik media to play my .ts files (Why have two programs on my laptop that can do the exact same thing)

Do I need to download some kind of codec so kwik media can play .ts files as well or what am I doing wrong? Vista does not come up with any solutions to fix the problem

Any help that anyone out there cam give is greatly appreciated

For what it's worth, I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop running Vista home premium.

Thank you in advance

This post has been edited by tjmartin: May 4 2011, 10:06 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post May 4 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

tjmartin

If you have read the THREADS you may have noticed that I have had problems recently. Some could say that I may be at fault so you may consider my suggestion irrelevant.

But before venturing in the unknown of KWIK I would suggest that you use the OS facility, Window Media Player to see if you have any problems with your file.

Others may have other suggestion but this is my confidence booster that the files are usable with a long standing program rather than use something really new.

This post has been edited by ploughmanRet: May 4 2011, 10:23 PM

+Quote Post
tjmartin
post May 5 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,963,927

QUOTE (ploughmanRet @ May 4 2011, 10:21 PM) *
tjmartin

If you have read the THREADS you may have noticed that I have had problems recently. Some could say that I may be at fault so you may consider my suggestion irrelevant.

But before venturing in the unknown of KWIK I would suggest that you use the OS facility, Window Media Player to see if you have any problems with your file.

Others may have other suggestion but this is my confidence booster that the files are usable with a long standing program rather than use something really new.

I have tried Media Player, but a codec is needed...Ive had problems with media player before anyways so I was hoping that Nero was my solution.. I have alright knowledge when it comes to computers but all this video codec stuff and trying to configure it is all Greek to me...Im just looking for a easy "all in one" type solution. Surely, there has to be a way I can view my .ts files with Nero Kwik Media or some other problem included with my Nero 10 Multimedia Suite

+Quote Post
wither
post May 5 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You can open .ts files in Vision and possibly some of the other apps. You can edit and either burn them from Vision or Export them to most common formats including the native mpeg.

Have you checked to make sure you're v10 is fully updated?

This post has been edited by wither: May 5 2011, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post May 5 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

QUOTE (wither @ May 5 2011, 03:27 AM) *
You can open .ts files in Vision and possibly some of the other apps. You can edit and either burn them from Vision or Export them to most common formats including the native mpeg.

Have you checked to make sure you're v10 is fully updated?

wither

I do not want to appear critical about your comment but I believe the answer to your question about program update.

The answer is in the opening comment and I am sure that you are aware an installation of the program will automatically prompt for the USER that an update is available. OK it is his decision whether to install it. Then from my very recent experience request to 'Install it Later' seemed to be ignored

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 5 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi tjmartin,

You should be able to playback the files with Nero Kwik Media.

First I suggest you to double check if your system fulfills the Nero 10 minimum system requirements.

Please find more information about the system requirements for Nero Multimedia Suite 10 at

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero10-system-requirements.html

For Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD please check

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero10-hd-system-requirements.html

Also please double check if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed on your system.

If the problem still persists, please contact TechSupport and send us a NeroSupport.cab file, and if possible a test file for us to try to reproduce the problem here.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic