Start new topic
> DVD won't play
LyndaH
post May 3 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,959,973

Hi All...

I must be missing a step but I don't know what it is. I achieve successful burn of a dvd in nero vision (version 9), but the dvd does not play on my computer or on my dvd player connected to my television. The original production was created in Pinnacle Studio 12, but I preferred to burn it in nero. I've used Nero before with success so I'm not sure what is missing in my process to burn this time around. Checking the dvd shows that there is "data" on it and Nero indicated a fully successful burn to dvd. Any thoughts? Thanks much!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post May 3 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

LyndaH

You say you burnt a disc using Nero 9. There are several routines in Nero 9 'StartSmart' to burn a DVD. The initial screen of 'StartSmart' offer the burn a Disc but there are 2 other routines available and this offer different burning procedures, one of these procedure is to burn VIDEO disc.

One of the preferred processes is to use Nero Vision. This program virtually take you through the process to produce a DVD playable on a portable or domestic DVD player.

Hope this will sort thing out. I am sure that others will come forward with additional advise

+Quote Post
wither
post May 3 2011, 03:32 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

ploughmanRet is correct. If you use Make DVD\DVD-Video in Vision, the disc should be playable in most standalone players. You can do the same thing from Make Movie or slide Show. The key is to use DVD-Video.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 3 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi LyndaH,

Which Nero application did you use to burn the disc? What happens exactly when you try to playback the disc on your computer? Which program do you use for playback and what kind of error message do you receive?

Could you please upload a burning log file?

If the burning process was made with Nero Burning ROM you should find the log following this path: "<systemdrive>\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM". It is called NeroHistory.log

If you used Nero Vision take a look here: "<Systemdrive>\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Nero\Nero 9\NeroVision". The file is called NeroVisionLog.txt

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic