Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How to copy files to cd with Nero Express 6
pcpuzzeled
post May 2 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,958,552

This may well have been asked before but I'm new to the forum so am going to ask anyway. How do you copy files from a hard drive to a cd with nero express 6? I can do part of it but get stuck, can you help?

This is what I'm doing:

1. Open Nero Express 6, fill in the "which recorder would you like to use" box

2. choose Data, Data Disc from the "What would you like to burn?" option list

3. click add, highlight the file I want and click Add, click finished, click next.

4. Fill in the Disc Name box, and click Burn

5. I get a messgae box saying "Burn Process completed succesfully at......." and I click ok, next, exit

6. I get a message box asking me if I want to save the project. What's the answer? As point 5 has said burn completed I assume the file I want is now on the cd. Do I need to click yes? If I click no what happens?

Sorry for being a bit dim but I have had awful trouble copying files to CD

Thanks

pcpuzzeled

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 2 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Is it asking to save the compilation or the log file? There is a burn setting for saving a compilation.

If it's asking about the log file and the burn is successful, then you wouldn't need to save the log file. On the other hand, even if Nero says the burn is successful, if you find later that there's a problem, the log is handy for troubleshooting. I wouldn't save it. You can always burn a second time and save it.

If you might want to burn the same files again, then it would be a time savings to save the compilation. I think it does this automatically for a multisession disc.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 3 2011, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi pcpuzzeled,

Is your question only related to the log file or are you facing problems to playback or open the CD?

As wither said, the burning log file only collects a protocol of the burning process. It is very helpful in case the burning process fails, or if you face a specific problem during playback.

Please let us know if you have any problem to open the CD after it has been burned.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post May 3 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

pcpuzzeled

Other than the input you have stated, I assume you have not changed any of the DEFAULT setting.

I believe that the program ask 2 question at the end of the burn, one being do you wish to keep a copy of the burn log, subsequently when exiting the program asks if you wish to keep a copy of the PROJECT. At this point it is your decision do you wish to keep a record of the files and folders that you have just use to generate the disc for future use.

Assuming you wish to use the same layout and folder in the future, then you can just load this PROJECT without going through the process of searching and adding files. It also can be used as a TEMPLATE for future PROJECT.

As both Infohelp & wither have said the log-file is useful if you had or have problems in the future, such as burning and reading a disc on one drive but then have problems in the future of reading the disc on the original or another drive.

Personally I find that I never use the same locations to burn. Then there is the problem of finding a place to store the log file and finding it in the future. Then there is the possibility of having PROJECTS and LOG files with the same name.

So basically it is your decision whether you accumulate a lot of trivial information or scrap it.

In answer to (5) you will be asked for a name for the PROJECT and this will then be stored in a folder, possibly a NERO default one. If the answer is no the program exits as I am sure you have found.

This post has been edited by ploughmanRet: May 3 2011, 09:41 AM

+Quote Post
pcpuzzeled
post May 5 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,958,552

mmm I'm not sure I know the answers.

wither, you asked is it Is it asking to save the compilation or the log file? I dont know. I get a message box asking me if I want to save the project. As said, what's the answer? I gather from what's been said if I dont want to copy the files at a later date then the answer is no.

Infohelp, I dont think there is a problem with play back but this is yet to be tested, but for now we'll say play back is ok.

"the burning log file only collects a protocol of the burning process" errr whats this?

ploughmanRet, what you have said has just gone over my head.

You have probably gathered I know nothing about pc's and do not understand the jargon, but at a guess from what you have all said I can click no and the file I copied will have copied to a cd ok and I can go and put it into another pc cd player and it should work ok.

it seems a waste of money but i may have to practice coping stuff to cd to understand how its done. I'lll have to keep an eye out for blank cd's at the car boot.

thank you for the advice

pcpuzzeled

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post May 5 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

pcpuzzeled

Sorry it it sounded complicated.

Basically the answer is YES or NO.

Yes, you wanted to keep a record of the LOG and YES you want to keep a record of the files that you burnt to the disc. Both of these are then stored on your PC, occupying space, although it is very small.

The LOG is useful for diagnosing problems, if you have a failed BURN. If it is successful burn basically it is of no use.

NO, you do not want a record of the events that were performed to burn the disc (LOG). No, you do not want to keep a record of the files (These are on the cd).

If you are that interested in practising to copy disc I would suggest using RW disc. That way you does not waste disc and incur little cost because they are reusable.

This post has been edited by ploughmanRet: May 5 2011, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 9 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi pcpuzzeled,

Could you finally burn your CD? Do you have any further questions regarding this topic?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic