IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Where is SecurDisc in Nero 9 & how to use SecurDisc?
rocket-pc
post Oct 16 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,933,824

Dear friends at Nero,

I had purchased Nero 9, a few days ago. I would like to use the feature, SecurDisc, to incorporate copy protection into DVDs that I burn. I could not find SecurDisk anywhere in the Nero 9 program.

* Can you tell me where SecurDisk is located in Nero 9?

I have noticed the term "Nero SecurDisc Viewer" in this forum. I hope that you don't tell me that there is ownly a "viewer" in Nero 9 and no SecurDisc, as I was told, prior to purchasing Nero 9 that SecurDisc would be included in Nero 9.

* And, how do I use SecurDisk when burning a DVD? I hope that it is an option of burning, so that I don't have to start it up separatly from the burn software.

Thank you for your time and attention on this subject.

[/size]

[size="3"]Don

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post May 27 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Guests

I know this is a bit late but you can find SecurDisc Viewer from the 'Support Files' link on Nero 9 web-page.

Also if you follow the select the link in the manual for INCD this takes the user to a website 'SecurDisc.net', her you will find a 'DOWNLOAD' tab to obtain the program for certain versions of Nero.

Selecting Nero 9 installation on this site appears to instruct the user to install the latest version of Nero 9, download and install a version of 'SecurDisc', which has Nero 8 installation display, finally, it implies to install a version of INCD Reader.

PROBLEM

On installing this the program detects a later version available and ABORTS.

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 17 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Guests

Update to this thread.

From a recent contact with CS concerning the latest release, ver 9.4.26. of Nero 9 it would appear that a 'Securdisc Drive' has to be connected to a PC before the 'SecurDisc' facility is enable.

From 'Securdisc.net' website it would seem that there are 'Securdisc Drives' available.

Recently I entered a thread about 9.4.26 being used on a NOTEBOOK with Windows 7 OS. Blindly following the link in a folder labeled 'SecurDisc' in Nero 9.4.26 took me to a site which actually was for 'Securdisc Viewer'. At the time I just followed the procedures listed and ran into additional problem.

Addressing this problem to CS, it would appear that the routines instructed to be installed for Nero 7, 8 and Nero 9 are incompatible with Windows 7.

This post has been edited by ploughman: Mar 17 2010, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Apr 29 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #4

Guests

To day I was advised by my personal CS member of staff that this routine in EMBEDDED in Nero 7 ,8, and 9 Nero 10.

But when viewing the following web-page http://www.nero.com/enu/support-olderproducts.html . 'Tools and Utility' for each of these releases it is stated that 'Securdisc Viewer' is a STANDALONE program. Oops, sorry the link for Nero 9 'Tools and Utility' page generated an error.

Also similar information is supplied when Nero 10 Support page is viewed

So I do not think that the routine is actually EMBEDDED.

In conclusion, after spending a number of days supplying my personal CS member of staff with detailed procedure, I get the feeling that I am being messed about concerning this routine.

OR they do not know their product well or the website

+Quote Post
Justin81
post Apr 29 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,590,996

Hello Ploughman,

do you realize that you are talking to yourself?

The original post is 1one and a half year old!

justin81

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Apr 30 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

rocket-pc post was discussed in another thread back in 2008.

I will close this one, as this topic is being handled in another section.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic