Start new topic
> Kwik Media Free Trial
wither
post Apr 19 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

I just downloaded the KM free trial and it took about 15 minutes. I wanted to note that the Windows installer was still showing more things to be installed (green progress bar) whereas a message came up in the system tray (vista) and said the installation was complete and asked to click on the icon to complete the configuration. That took you to the updater and there were none. I could actually run KM while the Windows installer was still working away. It completed about 3 minutes later.

I just took a look at the KM trial and I don't see any added functionality when playing video. Is it not included in the trial or was none added?

Edit: I just installed the updates and don't see any changes in KM functionality when playing video. I talked to Tech Support and no enhancements to playback controls were made in KM.

If you have installed the free version of Kwik Media, uninstall it before installing the Nero MultiMedia Suite. Otherwise you will be unable to obtain the Kwik Faces add-on for free.

This post has been edited by wither: Apr 20 2011, 08:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
testtest8
post Apr 19 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,221,539

Hi wither,

Nero Kwik Media is included in the Nero 10 MultiMedia Suite. It is a "renamed" Nero MediaHub. The icon on your dektop should be exchanged and also the StartMenu should reflect those changes. The differences between MediaHub and Kwik Media are the color (orange vs pink), the Nero Store, the start page, burn functionality on the start page (if you got the free version in the store), face recognition (paid upgrade) and an included update mechanism.

If you can't find Nero Kwik Media, but Nero MediaHub, please run the update in the Nero ControlCenter > Update. First check for updates, than update Nero Update and afterwards update all applications. If the application list is empty, please restart Nero ControlCenter.

Greetings.

PS: What changes in KM functionality do you miss?

This post has been edited by testtest8: Apr 19 2011, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 20 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

I don't understand your comment. I was able to install the free trial and have now installed the full update on two computers without issue.

My first post was intended to let folks know what they might see if they downloaded and installed KM free trial. I also wanted people to know that the video playback enhancements that a lot of people wanted since V10 came out last April were not made. Ouch! You would have thought that they could have thrown us at least one bone.

This post has been edited by wither: Apr 20 2011, 02:51 AM

+Quote Post
testtest8
post Apr 20 2011, 07:10 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,221,539

I though that your update/installation of Kwik Media did not work, since you miss features. It could have been that you did encounter a problem, even though you have made so many posts within this forum.

Could please give me more information about the wanted video playback enhancement? Is it a feature (Upscaling/framerate adjustion/...), a bug fix needed or missing support of a format?

This post has been edited by testtest8: Apr 20 2011, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 20 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Here's one of many- http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=7264. You can't take a snapshot in KM or NMHub (have to go to Vision). The list goes on. Many e-mails were sent to tech support with specific desired changes. If you desire, you can browse the entire NMHub subforum back to April last year and find more.

If you have installed the free version of Kwik Media, uninstall it before installing the Nero MultiMedia Suite. Otherwise you will be unable to obtain the Kwik Faces add-on for free.

This post has been edited by wither: Apr 20 2011, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic