Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> recode subtitles
sergio9074
post Apr 16 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,922,278

when i try to add subtitles in the add subtitles tab in recode they are shown in the preview of that page but when i press ok and return to the main page the subtitles are not shown and do not burn therefore. I am able to change size and position and everything so i do not know the problem subtitles are in srt.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Apr 16 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi sergio9074,

When you add an *.srt subtitle, you will not see it displayed in the Content area of the main page. You will see it displayed under "Subtitle".

What happens when you playback the DVD? How do you playback the disc? Which application do you use?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
caramelitos
post Apr 18 2011, 08:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,806,666

Thanks for opening this thema,

first check this treat it seems is not possible to add the SRT in recode and get them to work as they must.

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=8317

You can use VLC player is free and maybe the best in the world it plays anything even MP4. you have to go manually activate the subtitle but you might get a green color subtitle or black.

Nero costumer service is very bad i have ask them for almost a year ago about this problem ! how they promote and sell something which is not working ? is there anyway to make this Company responsible for selling something that does not WORK ?
i mean legally?

On the homepage it says very clear that you can add or remove subtitles in the recode, NOT TRUE. (see the attachment )

Good luck Sergio.

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Apr 16 2011, 10:46 AM) *
Hi sergio9074,

When you add an *.srt subtitle, you will not see it displayed in the Content area of the main page. You will see it displayed under "Subtitle".

What happens when you playback the DVD? How do you playback the disc? Which application do you use?

Best regards,

Infohelp

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Apr 18 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi caramelitos,

I do not understand what you mean exactly in this case. It is possible to add a SRT file in Nero Recode, under the conditions mentioned in the FAQ. The two options mentioned in my other thread are the possibilities that you have to add your subtitle and the resultant playback options.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
VK011
post Apr 30 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,326,323

Caramelitos is right, subtitles in Nero Recode don't work as advertised. I have been trying Support and forums for about a year now, no solution. I upgraded to Nero 10 Platinum exactly for this reason, to be able to burn with subtitles, and no luck.

If a feature does not work, STOP ADVERTISING IT!

+Quote Post
wither
post May 1 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

did tech support ask you to provide the SRT you're working with to test it?

What exactly did they tell you? I'm talking about recently, not a year ago.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post May 2 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Hi VK011,

We would glady help you with the problem that you are facing. According to our records, you sent an e-mail to TechSupport on April the 30th. As my colleague answered you today, the problem that you are facing to playback the subtitles with Nero 10, is that unfortunately Nero Media Hub/Kwik Media does only support subtitles during disc playback, DVD or Blu ray. It does not support subtitles during file playback, such as the mpeg-4 files created by Nero Recode.

You also reported that only VLC can playback the subtitle.

When you create a Subtitle with Nero Recode, it is exactly that, a subtitle. it is not a text inserted to the file.

For example,if you go to the Properties window in Nero Recode, and you create a Subtitle, you have two possibilities, to "export" the subtitle as a "SRT" file, and in this case it will be displayed green and in the middle (there is no way to avoid this) or you do not export a SRT file but you burn the whole file as mpeg-4 in your hard drive.

In this case, when you playback the file with VLC or other players, it can happen that nothing is displayed, that you don´t see the subtitle. In such a case you will need to configue the player to display the subtitle.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
derrick0-0
post Jun 18 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,040,033

NERO STAFF,

I've been having the same problem... However I might be able to shed a little light...

Seems like other products can take the Choice Language Subtitle and Hard Code them into the MP4. With that, they are on all the time. Currently, the PS3 does not function with Recode .MP4's encoded Subtitles. VLC will but we seem to need this other option.

Solution:
Nero Recode cannot do this and this is something I would like to see too... I live in a country where English is not the primary language. I want to be able to choose my Subtitle Track in Recode and then have it Hard Code into the .MP4 (only 1 file) I understand the subtitle will be on all the time... But in my case and with many others, this works....

I have Nero and been using for years... I hope this is a update that can easily done as a choice (a check block). Still keep the export function, but give us Hard Encode capability...

Thank you...

This post has been edited by derrick0-0: Jun 18 2011, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
mfrey0118
post Sep 4 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,795,335

This is very frustrating to me and I regret spending the eighty bucks to buy this damn program:

The problem is real simple, people. Let's use X-Men First Class as an example. It's in .mkv format with .srt subtitle file separate right? For the parts of the movie that are in German, right? OK so it should be REAL FREAKIN' SIMPLE to use Nero to embed the subs into the movie, so that they are literally part of the video encoding right?

I just want to burn the damn thing with subs onto a DVD and play it on my TV...why is this so hard, NERO????

So how do I do it? When I use Nero Recode, I drop the video file in, I add the subtitles in (the program sees the files no problem I can open and edit the lines and times), but when I go to actually RECODE THE DAMN MOVIE...oops! NO SUBTITLES!

I've tried .srt and .ssa files...no dice. Don't try and distract me with "oh did you get the right sub file?" because the subs work perfectly when watching the movie in VLC Player or DivX.

This should be really simple and for almost a hundred bucks it should WORK!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 5 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Recode will not hard code subtitles.

The other issue is that you're using a commercial video. How did you get around the protection? I'm surprised Recode would handle it.

That aside, I recommend that you go back to tech support for additional help.

This post has been edited by wither: Sep 5 2011, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic