Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Media Home 4 Essentials And LG BD390
Randomal
post Mar 21 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,911,548

My Windows 7 PC streamed pictures using Media Player but required the Nero Home Media 4 Essentials to stream music and video per LG customer support advice. The music streams, but Nero/BD390 can't play the .wmv video files made with my web cam as test files. Is this a player problem or a server problem? Aren't .wav files suitable for this setup? If not, what is required?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 21 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Randomal,

Do you know which codecs your wmv files are using? Also, which streaming settings did you select?

Did you try to select the "Keep original format" option?

Please make sure that you install the latest Nero MedaHome 4 updates: http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-mediahome-update.php

Best regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
Randomal
post Mar 23 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 21 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Hi Randomal,

Do you know which codecs your wmv files are using? Also, which streaming settings did you select?

Did you try to select the "Keep original format" option?

Please make sure that you install the latest Nero MedaHome 4 updates: http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-mediahome-update.php

Best regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
Randomal
post Mar 23 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Thanks for responding. I have resolved the WMV problem. Since my Media Home 4 Essentials was apparently made specifically for the BD390,will updating or upgrading it cause some new operational problem?

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 24 2011, 03:23 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

What did you do to resolve the problem? Updating Essentials or upgrading should have no effect in regards to using your drive.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 24 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Randomal,

If you update the Essentials version, you will install the exact same Essentials program than you already have, but with the latest updates for it. An update will not give you any new features and shouldn´t cause any kind of problem. If you upgrade you will get the complete Nero MediaHome 4 version, what will give you more features than the ones that you have now. An upgrade shouldn´t cause any kind of problem.

We would really appreciate if you could post the resolution to your problem. It might help other users facing similar problems in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic