Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> cant burn a dvd with nero express
jroc33
post Mar 19 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,911,058

I recenlty purchased nero burn express. When I click add to add a movie I cant see my movie on my desktop. when I try to darg it in the box I get this error message.

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.
>
> The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD-Video compilation. Only compliant DVD-Video files
> VIDEO_TS.IFO,
> VIDEO_TS.VOB,
> VIDEO_TS.BUP,
> VTS_nn_0.IFO,
> VTS_nn_0.VOB,
> VTS_nn_0.BUP and
> VTS_nn_m.VOB
> can be added to the VIDEO_TS folder. Please add files from a completed DVD-Video title or use an authoring software like Nero Vision to create DVD-Video files from standard video files such as *.avi and *.mpg.
>
> The file does not match the current file filter.
> C:\Users\User\Downloads\The Hangover (2009) DVDSCR-MAXSPEED\screencaps.jpg
>
> The file does not match the current file filter.
> C:\Users\User\Downloads\The Hangover (2009) DVDSCR-MAXSPEED\The Hangover (2009) DVDSCR-MAXSPEED www.torentz.3xforum.ro.avi
>

Can anyone help???

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 19 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I think the video you want to burn is copyrighted or otherwise protected (DRM, CSS, etc.). You can't burn that kind of material with a Nero app.

However, what is Nero Burn Express? Is that the actual name? What is the version number?
Where did you get it?
What is your operating system?

+Quote Post
jroc33
post Mar 19 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (wither @ Mar 19 2011, 05:22 PM) *
I think the video you want to burn is copyrighted or otherwise protected (DRM, CSS, etc.). You can't burn that kind of material with a Nero app.

However, what is Nero Burn Express? Is that the actual name? What is the version number?
Where did you get it?
What is your operating system?

I bought this version at Staples. The front of the box says nero Burn Express there is no version number. How do I find out what my operating system isÉ

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 20 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I can't find this at nero.com or Staples.com.

I'll explain what the problem is-

You can't burn a DVD-Video unless the files are authored by a program such as Nero Vision. Authoring puts the files in the DVD-Video format which includes the files listed in the error message such as the Video_TS, Audio_TS, .bup, .ifo, etc files.

In your case, you have a .avi file which must be converted to DVD-Video format.

I still think that you wouldn't be able to burn it because it's protected.

+Quote Post
jroc33
post Mar 20 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #5

So then I bought a product that is bullshit!! On the back of the box it says "super easy drag and drop files and burn to dvd. Thanks for nothing nero.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 20 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

You can drag and drop files to create a data disc or a DVD-Video (provided that the files are correct for a DVD-Video). No matter what software you buy or use to burn DVD-Video, it has the same requirements. DVD-Video is a technical specification, not just a name.

Once again, I must say that I couldn't find the product you are using so i have no idea what it's capabilities are. Your best bet is to contact tech support at the chat line on Monday or by e-mail. It's free.

I always recommend that people buy the suite, as a minimum, just for cases like this. You can buy Vision Xtra separately and author and burn a DVD-Video from it. In some cases though, people need to recode the original video and you would need Recode for that and it's not included in Vision Xtra.

This post has been edited by wither: Mar 20 2011, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post
ploughmanRet
post Mar 20 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,893,239

wither

I am not questioning your knowledge about the commercial market, but from my experience not all product offered by the local STAPLE store is listed on the Internet site. Also some packages available are limited versions of Nero and may be listed as 'Nero Burn Express'

With respect to the list quoted in the opening THREAD, I am personally confused over the display myself.

wither

You quote that his files are probably .avi. But I have also seen the display, and ignored it, because the original of the video was obtained from either a camcorder or a DOMESTIC RECORDER. The list of files in the VTS folder are as quoted, but Nero seems to ignore the content of other folder or to imply that the contents are NOT Valid.

A recent comment made to me about 'CopyRight' bring this into question. Surely any product which is BROADCAST, either by Radio or TV. is in the public domain and as such can be duplicated for personal use.

Infringement of 'CopyRight' only becomes applicable if the USER then make it FREELY available. But in this case it seems that the file www.torentz.3xforum.ro.avi, is probably for a purchased product which is downloaded and could have been stored on a DVD in the first place.

jroc33

In answer to your query about version, this can usually be found in the DROP-DOWN menu of the HELP tab for the program. You should observe what you OS is during Start-Up of your PC or from Rt Clk of 'Computer' or 'My Computer' and viewing the many options displayed.

This post has been edited by ploughmanRet: Mar 20 2011, 10:08 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 20 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I understand what you're saying about not being able to find some software on-line. I asked him to check with tech support because I can't help with a product I know nothing about. Since he had to pay for it, I assume it has more capabilities than BurnLIte or an Essentials version. Just don't know what they are.

Like you, I think the message that is displayed is confusing. I know what it's trying to say but can only surmise that the German to English translation isn't very good.

In regards to protection, this is a commercial movie that I believe was in the theaters no more than a year or two ago. I wouldn't think that the producers are ready yet to give up television or video sales yet.

This post has been edited by wither: Mar 20 2011, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 21 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi jroc33,

You purchased the Nero BurnExpress product. You can find more information on this product here.

Nero Bur Express is the standalone version of Nero Express. Please note that AVI, MPEG-1, or MPEG-2 video files cannot be converted to DVD-Video withNero Express. The source file must be in VOB, IFO, or BUP format to be converted to DVD-Video with Nero Express. If you have the standard Video DVD files (VOB, IFO and BUP) files, you will be able to burn them to a Video DVD using Nero Express. You will simply need to drag and drop the files.

With Nero BurnExpress you can burn Data DVDs or Video DVDs that do not need a previous transcoding process.

In your case, you do not want to burn a Video DVD out of already supported and converted files, but out of other kind of video files. In this case you will not be able to use Nero Express. You will need to first convert the AVI, MPEG-1, or MPEG-2 files to DVD-Video using Nero Vision.

The Nero BurnExpress is simply the standalone version of Nero Express. You didn´t purchase the complete Suite, only this application. What you needed to purchase was wither the complete Nero Multimedia Suite 10 program or the Nero VisionXtra standalone version. The Nero VisionExtra is the standalone version of Nero Vision.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 21 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I completely missed the Nero BurnExpress entry at nero.com. DUH! On the other hand, I had done a search at nero.com and couldn't find it. Seems I needed to put burn and express together.

However, Infohelp reinforced what I said. Thanks.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic