Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Mixed Mode CD
beresfj
post Mar 11 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,965,908

I tried to create a mixed mode CD so that the audio track would play on a regular CD player, but with additional data files that could be accessed by a PC. This seemed to work OK, except that when I insert it in the CD player it tries to play track 1 and I get what is best described as "painful" white noise. Skipping to track 2 plays the audio track normally. Use on a PC seems OK as it recognises the correct audio track automatically and I can explore the other folder - my latest attempt used a subfolder. I'm using Nero 9 Burning ROM 9.4.26.0.

One of the data files is an mpg video file. The others are mp3 files, but could be anything if I get this to work.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Mar 11 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (beresfj @ Mar 11 2011, 08:54 PM) *
I tried to create a mixed mode CD so that the audio track would play on a regular CD player, but with additional data files that could be accessed by a PC. This seemed to work OK, except that when I insert it in the CD player it tries to play track 1 and I get what is best described as "painful" white noise. Skipping to track 2 plays the audio track normally. Use on a PC seems OK as it recognises the correct audio track automatically and I can explore the other folder - my latest attempt used a subfolder. I'm using Nero 9 Burning ROM 9.4.26.0.

One of the data files is an mpg video file. The others are mp3 files, but could be anything if I get this to work.

Sorry, but it works - this is how mixed mode CDs are working - some CD-Player are smart enough to detect (and skip) the data-track - but some are not.
There is nothing you can do..

The only solution would be to make a "CD Extra" CD, where the data are stored in a second session - but here, you need more space on the cdr.

+Quote Post
beresfj
post Mar 12 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,965,908

Thanks for the reply. I'll try a CD Extra. I shouldn't need too much extra data, so the size restriction should be OK.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic