Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Windows XP & Nero
Dazmike
post Mar 6 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,905,652

I only have win XP on my PC, is that to old for nero (probably 10).

Also (and the main reason I want Nero) what format do use to burn to a DVD which will play in a UK DVD player and onto a TV, I will be converting from avi format. thanks

This post has been edited by Dazmike: Mar 6 2011, 07:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 6 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

First, you should have XP SP3. v10 will probably work on earlier versions but Nero tech support will not provide support for problems in these versions. Microsoft also doesn't support earlier versions.

Go to Nero.com and check the system requirements for V10 to see if you can use it effectively.

If you're talking about video, DVD-Video format is played by most standalone players. You don't have to do any conversion of files to make the DVD compatible with your system. I don't know if the UK uses NTSC or PAL. I'm guessing PAL.

Note that to burn DVD-Video in Burning Rom, the files have to be authored in a program like Vision. If you use Vision, you can use Make DVD\DVD-Video. Once the files are imported, you can go into the DVD-Video options and specify PAL or NTSC. Usually Nero itself will tell you if your project is more NTSC or PAL when you leave the Content screen to burn the DVD. If it does, it will give you the option to change it appropriately.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed Topic