Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> NERO 10 will not install on Windows 7 64bit
lanstrad
post Feb 28 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,378,929

I am trying to reinstall NERO 10 on a new computer (purchased version and key). Tried both the version downloaded in September then the trial available now.

First, I am prompted with the need that it will install VC Redistribuables 2005 and 2008 (even though I have the *most recent* versions of these already installed). Then the installation fail and I get an ERROR 1935 code (please see attachment here).

I went to the chat help, was told to re-download after disabling my firewall, which I did, but as I was expecting, this was only to get rid of me.... and did nothing better.

What is the problem ???

Anyone else had to deal with this problem ?

Thanks,

Rob

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Error_1935.pdf ( 650.89K ) Number of downloads: 325

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 1 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Did you totally disable your anti-virus before you tried to install?

If yes, try this-

Uninstall .net framework 2.0 and download/install a new copy. I think V10 will install .net framework 3.5 which uses 2.0.0

If you still get the problem, try this-

Open Control Panel.
Double-click Administrative Tools.
Double-click Services.
Right-click the Windows Installer service.
Click Stop.

+Quote Post
lanstrad
post Mar 1 2011, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,378,929

My .NET version is neither 2 or 3.5, it is 4...

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Mar 1 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 7,525,840

QUOTE (lanstrad @ Mar 1 2011, 05:36 AM) *
My .NET version is neither 2 or 3.5, it is 4...

I would let to install .NET for Nero setup. Setup itself will install what he needs.

To do this remove your .NET 4 (and other versions if you have) and try again to install Nero MMS.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 3 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi lanstrad,

The error message makes reference to a VC Redist package. Installation problems with the respective package like VC Redist or Framework, can sometimes fail if there is already another version installed on the system. If these Windows component are already installed on your system, we can try to skip this step in the Nero 10 installation.

Then run the downloaded installer until the extraction process is complete and click on cancel to abort the installation. Open your temp directory by entering %temp% into the address field of the Windows Explorer and navigate to the extracted Nero folder NeroInstallFiles\Nero20100x (x for version). Open this folder and execute there the Nero.MultimediaSuite.MSI. Nero 10 should now get installed on your system.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic