Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Can't get burned DVD to play on DVD player
txdebee
post Feb 12 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,896,619

I made a movie with my Flip Video. I burned the movie onto a DVD with Nero Burn Express (my computer has Windows Vista if that matters). It will play back on the computer, but not the DVD player. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Feb 12 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (txdebee @ Feb 12 2011, 09:43 PM) *
I made a movie with my Flip Video. I burned the movie onto a DVD with Nero Burn Express (my computer has Windows Vista if that matters). It will play back on the computer, but not the DVD player. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Nero Burn Express just burns the data as they are - so they would be only playable in your DVD-Player, if they already correctly authored.
Either you must make "Flip Video" (sorry, i don't know it) to make DVD-Video compatible data, or you must just nero vision to author a video dvd.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
txdebee
post Feb 13 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,896,619

I think I just need to finalize the DVD, but I don't know how to do it with Nero BurnExpress. Can anyone help me?

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 13 2011, 04:27 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

What is Nero Burn Express? I'm familiar with BurnLite.

Nero will finalize the disc automatically.

What you have created is a data disc which is playable on a computer but not a standalone player.

As Jens-f stated, you have to author/create a DVD-Video or other playable format in Vision or a like program. BurnLite doesn't have this capability.

+Quote Post
alla2010alla
post Feb 13 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,866,531

Hello!

It seems you should try to change kind of movie file - to convert it. http://www.ehow.com/how_5821501_convert-flip-video-avi.html. What kind of file is flip video?Perhaps DVD player does not "read" the file. :huh: :unsure:

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 13 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I guess but he could also just purchase the Nero V10 Suite and all would be well and most likely with far more capabilities than the program you referenced.

+Quote Post
DaisyDuckGAF
post Feb 16 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,751,402

Hi txdebee, hi wither, hi alla2010alla,

it really depends on the DVD player and on its supported file formats. If you want to keep burning the video files as a data disc (which will allow you to add more files since they won't be transcoded) you will have to make sure that the DVD player supports the video container format as well as the codec the files use.

If you want to create a disc similar to a DVD you purchase in store you will have to use a different software, such as our Nero Vision (available as a standalone version or as part of the Nero 10 suite), this will enable you to create a standard compliant DVD-Video from many different video file formats.

If you want further assistance on this one, let us know.

Best regards

Daisy

+Quote Post

Closed Topic