Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 10 Multi Suite Uninstalling
CaJazzman
post Jan 21 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,107,285

I have tried several if not many times to uninstall Nero Multi Suite 10, and when I do, the windows installer gets many errors of which is error 1316A. I have contacted Nero support at least 4 to 5 times in which they suggested using the miscue2 tool, and the nero cleanup tool, and many other ways to manually delete Nero 10 from my pc, without success. They also stated that the issue was with my windows installer, but if that was the issue reinstalling ero 10 would not have fixed it, but it did. So, what I've done is to reinstall Nero 10 and then install Nero 7 as well. Now my pc is running great. It's just that I have Nero 10 installed of which I don't want but I can't uninstall it. I have read around the internet that Nero 10 is causing many to have various issues, one is like what I am having. So be warned that Nero 10 has many bugs to be fixed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 22 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I don't believe they recommended using the general clean tool to remove V10. They know, as does everybody else, that V10 is the first version of Nero to use a Windows MSI installer. Consequently, the uninstall is done through the Windows Uninstaller in Control Panel\Programs..... They may have recommended using the general clean tool to remove an older version (perhaps your V7) even though V10 doesn't affect older versions that are installed.

If you can't use the Windows Uninstaller, it's usually because either one or more program files got deleted from or corrupted on your hard drive or a key in your registry got corrupted or deleted before running the Uninstaller. I've had that happen with other programs when I've done one of those things first. Usually, you can use a program like Revo Uninstaller for such a situation but some times that doesn't work either and you end up having to clean the registry manually.

I run two different copies of V10 on two different computers and two different operating systems and have very few problems. I have one very minor problem in how V10 and V9 interact on the same computer in regards to my Autoplay options and uninstalled/reinstalled V10 at least four times without problem. What you read on the internet regarding V10 is probably from the very small fraction of people who have problems due to their system configuration (as you can see in the forum). It's hard to say how many of those people have actually gone to tech support for a thorough evaluation of their situation.

This post has been edited by wither: Jan 22 2011, 03:02 AM

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Jan 23 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

I am sure someone will correct this if I am wrong.

But is there not a facility in the installation routine to Modify/Repair/Remove V10 from a PC. I believe I have possibly seen some screen which offers this facility.

The DEFAULT installation location for the SUITE is 'C:\' but there is an option to CUSTOMISE the installation, thus it is possible to install the Suite any where on the PC providing it is in a 'PROGRAM FILES' folder which I believe is mandatory.

+Quote Post
Leedoc99
post Jan 30 2011, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,678,718

Nero10 is a complete waste of time. GARBAGE. Nothing that was great in the past versions and all sorts of new issues. Don't fix what ain't broke. UNINSTALL.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 30 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I don't agree with you except in the case of the lack of playback contols in NMHub which were in ShowTime. Vision Xtra is much improved. There are issues but they are being worked on.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jan 31 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Leedoc99,

We would gladly help you solve the problem that you are facing with Nero 10, but unfortunately you didn´t explain the problem in detail. I saw in other thread that you are having problems to convert your audio files. I suggest you to start your own thread and describe the problem that you are facing in detail. We would gladly help you out, but you need to give us some more information for us to be able to help you.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
CaJazzman
post Feb 9 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Will the Nero General Clean tool be used to completely remove Nero 10 from a pc with Windows XP Pro SP3? I've read other places that it would, but am leary about trying to do so, since I've tried to remove it with Revo Uninstaller Pro, but part way through the uninstall, I get an error and then it rolls back, and says that nothing was modified. I need to remove Nero 10 because I get errors such as when I reboot, and use my right button on the mouse I get a error saying that I need to have some type of.dll installed but it can't locate it. Can anyone please assist me in this? Thank you!

This post has been edited by CaJazzman: Feb 9 2011, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 10 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

V10 is uninstalled by uninstalling Nero MultiMedia Suite 10 from the Windows Control Panel. The general clean tool is for V9 and earlier.

+Quote Post
CaJazzman
post Feb 10 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #9

I've tried several times using either going through the Add/Remove programs, and using Revo Uninstaller Pro, and each and every time I get this error: ERROR 1316A Network error occurred while attempting to read from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Nero.SoundTraxHelpChm.msi. I've also tried to reinstall Nero 10 MS, and I get to where it says that it has to install Reboot Vaidator and another file, but each and every time, it fails. So, now what to I do, to get Nero 10 MS off of my pc? Thank you in advance.

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 10 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Run msconfig.exe and look in the Services and Startup tabs and delete anything Nero.

You might also have to do a manual search of your registry and delete Nero keys.

This kind of stuff happens when you partially uninstall any program and then try to use something else to try to uninstall.

+Quote Post
DaisyDuckGAF
post Feb 11 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,751,402

Hi all,

@CaJazzman, wither is right, if you cannot remove Nero via the Add/Remove option you should try deleting Nero manually.
I would strongly suggest to contact our Technical Support directly for further details on the best approach for a manual deletion of Nero 10.

Oh and make sure to send the link to our thread here in the forum along with your support request! This way you won't have to explain everything twice.

Best of luck!

Daisy

This post has been edited by DaisyDuckGAF: Feb 11 2011, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic