3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
> Nero Recode and DRM message
oasis36
post Jan 10 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,871,912

I have recently purchased Nero 10 Multimedia Suite and installed it on my Windows PC. I have a Dell PC, it's Windows 7 64 bit with 8 gig of ram. With the disc installation I was unable to update. After reading through the forum, I uninstalled using the cleaning tool and then reinstalled the trial from nero's website. I was then able to update successfully although it took well over 4 hours to complete. I haven't used it much yet but the one program I bought it for is nero recode, upon opening it and selecting "Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital" when I try to import an avi file it says "nero multimedia suite 10/nero recode encountered an error and cannot continue. Unable to import file ..... goes on to say ... please make sure that the selected file is valid, non DRM protected video that is playable on your system."

The avi file (source) is not protected in any was whatsoever, it wont import anything that is not a vob file. So unless its off a dvd,or vob files already on my computer, it wont convert. I have a laptop running on windows xp which is installed with nero 8. Recode will convert any video file except for mkv's on the laptop. So I am very confused and cant work out why recode 10 wont convert what nero 8 can do without any problems.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong, I have done several installs already trying to resolve this matter, but no matter what I try, nero recode on seems to work only with vob files. I already have the latest update according to the control centre.

I thought the DRM issue was fixed early in 2010, so why is it happening to me with this version?

Just to clarify the files I am trying to convert are mp4 and avi and are not protected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 10 2011, 04:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I just wanted to mention that you don't use the general clean tool to uninstall V10. The general clean tool is for previous versions. V10 is uninstalled from the Control Panel.

An .avi file is just a container for video and audio. It may contain some unsupported format. If you post it at hotfile.com and provide the link here we can take a look at it. Or, you can download Gspot and check the file for the video and audio formats.

I just want to be sure that you're trying to import it into the Nero Digital Tab and not the Data tab.

+Quote Post
oasis36
post Jan 10 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #3

I have checked the avi file with media info and everything seems to be ok. I can convert the same avi file on the laptop with version 8 but unable to do it with version 10. I am importing the files correctly, I have converted over 50 files already for use with my iphone with version 8.

When you say upload it to hotfile.com - what do you mean exactly? Can you please provide instructions if that is still necessary? With regards to the clean tool I didn't realise that its for older versions, I thought it was a way of uninstalling nero completely off your system. Does anyone else have this problem or know a way of fixing it?

This post has been edited by oasis36: Jan 10 2011, 11:51 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 11 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

hotfile.com is a website where anybody can upload a file. After the file is uploaded, it will ask you where to e-mail the links. You specify the e-mail address you want to use and it's done. There are four links, but I believe the first one is the link to the file at hotfile.com. After you post the link, anybody can download the file. I think the file will be accessible for something like 5 days and then it's removed.
If you want us to try it, just go ahead and upload it there and post the link.

You're not the only one with problems with using V10 to do things older versions have no problem with. I have a ticket into tech support on .mts files that v9 handles without problem. My recommendation is that you send an e-mail to tech support. They'll probably want to see the file so posting it to hotfile.com and providing tech support with the link would go a long way in helping them evaluate the problem. If you go that route, please let us know the resolution.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jan 12 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi oasis36,

I just tested some AVI files on my system to make sure that I could import them. I couldn´t reproduce the problem that you report, but will gladly try to reproduce it with one of your test video files.

Could you please follow wither´s suggestion and upload or send a short test video file to TechSupport?

Thanks and regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
oasis36
post Jan 21 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #6

Hi Infohelp,

My apologies for the late reply, I have been really busy with other things. I think the best thing to do would be to contact tech support .... funny how that didn't even cross my mind. I thank you and wither for your help and guidance. I will of course let you know what happens .... hope it doesn't take too long to resolve.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jan 21 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Hi oasis36,

Ok, no problem. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
oasis36
post Jan 22 2011, 05:29 AM
Post #8

I have contacted nero tech support. They have sent me an email instructing me on what to send and how to send it, which I'm going to do within the next day or two. I just wanted to know if I were to upgrade to hd platinum, would this resolve the issue or will it remain the same?

This post has been edited by oasis36: Jan 22 2011, 05:33 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jan 22 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Hi oasis36,

I don´t think that the Platinum HD version will solve this problem.

Please send TechSupport a test file too.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
oasis36
post Feb 7 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #10

I have just done a fresh install of windows 7 due to some other issues I was having (ran a registry cleaner which messed the computer up). Nero is now working properly. I am able to import avi, mkv mp4 as well as dvd files into nero digital. I then installed k lite codec pack (which I had installed before) and tested nero digital again ..... and guess what ..... it now presents me with the DRM message again. Luckily Before installing k lite codec pack, I created a system resotre point in the event something goes wrong.

I tried several installs of all the different versions of k lite codec pack testing nero digital with each install to no avail. I then tried a different codec pack called cccp, again same result. I did a system restore, then installed the codecs I needed individually again testing nero digital with each codec install as I didn't know what was stopping nero digital from working properly when a codec pack was installed. I installed ffdshow, and ac3 filter, everything ok with nero, but then I installed haali media splitter (which I need for gotsent and megui) and "yes" nero digital wont work with this, so I uninstalled haali media splitter.

At the moment I dont have no codec pack installed - I have ffdshow, filter tweaker for windows 7, ac3 filter, neroaac codec, x264 and avisynth installed individualy (all of which i need for megui for function properly). With these individual codecs installed nero digital works fine. It only stops working if haali media splitter is installed. So I cant play mkv files in windows media player only in vlc and yes also nero hub. I can live without wmp not being able to play mkv's but not the media converters that's require haali media splitter.

I have contacted nero support via chat. They have sent me another email with instructions on what to send them to investigate the matter. When I asked directly if haali media splitter or codec packs are known interference with nero digital - she said "no". Does anyone have a fix out there or a work around for this issue? I would greatly appreciate any help and advice.

So the reason nero digital wasn't working before was because I had k lite codec installed which includes haali media splitter.

By the way I have nero 8 installed on my windows xp laptop together with k lite codec pack full .... and everything is working perfectly.

This post has been edited by oasis36: Feb 7 2011, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 7 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Haali was a problem in V9 and I guess it's still a problem in V10.

+Quote Post
oasis36
post Feb 18 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #12

Infohelp, are you able to reproduce this? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 18 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Infohelp is not going to be available for a while. Have you heard anything back from tech support?

This post has been edited by wither: Feb 18 2011, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post
DaisyDuckGAF
post Feb 24 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,751,402

Hi oasis36, hi wither,

there is no general issue with the K-Lite Codec Pack or the Haali Media Splitter, our TechSupport team could not reproduce the issue either, they work together well with Nero 10 here.
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that on some systems and in regard to some video files issues like the one you encounterd might occur.

Another thing might be the order in which the components were installed: If the K-Lite Codec Pack resp. the Haali Media Splitter was installed afterwards it might be that some of Nero's filters have to be re-registered, in that case you should try just reinstalling Nero 10 AFTER installing the codec pack.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Best regards

Daisy

+Quote Post
Cineste86
post Feb 28 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 8,903,379

I have a similar problem. For weeks now, I have been able to load M2TS, MTS, and TS files into Nero Recode for conversion to Nero digital or Nero Digitall AVC. All of a sudden, one day last week, I began to get the dreaded DRM message. I have noticed since that Nero Recode also does not recognize my DivX MKV files. I've got a tech request in, so we'll see what solutions if any with which Nero comes up. I'm hoping it will beyond a boiler plate answer. I'm using Recode within Nero 10 Multimedia Platinum, BTW.

My own guess is that Windows 7 - perhaps specifically Silverlight - has downloaded without my knowledge DRM software that does not recognize the unprotected Blu-ray type files in the AVC profile format from my camcorders and TV capture module and is inadvertently treating them as protected. The profile that Nero Recode uses as a default is, however, called "Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Trial," and perhaps that's the culprit.

Maybe Some Nero Rep here in this Forum can shed a tiny bit of light on this issue while we all try to exercise patience, though mine is rapidly, I gotta say, beginning to run out. This is a serious weakness.

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 28 2011, 09:10 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

You shouldn't be getting any profiles that say Trial. If you do, then either your serial number needs to be looked at or your the patent activations aren't registered.

If you go to the Nero Control Center and licenses, are there two licenses listed- one for the Suite and one for Platinum? They should both start with 9. On mine, the license for the Suite starts with 9X03 and the one for Platinum starts with 9X13. If the license for the trial is there, you can remove it.

If you open the InfoTool, Software, there should be three Nero Patent Activation entries checkmarked unless you haven't used all of the features that requires activation.

+Quote Post
Cineste86
post Mar 1 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #17

Thanks for the tip. There is only one activation patent, not three, though I have probably not activated everything in the suite. I tend to use just five modules: Vision Xtra, Nero Recode, Media Hub, Nero Backup, and Nero Burning? What should the three patents be?

Two licences are there, the Platinum beginning with 9x13, but the regular suite with 1x. What does 1x mean, and should it be 9x? I reside in Canada. Does that matter in terms of licence #s?

Thanks for the help.

What still puzzles me is why after weeks of Nero Recode working well, this M2TS error message shows up.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 1 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

I talked to tech support today and they think the 1x indicates a full version since the trial versions generally start with 8x. If you bought Platinum at the store, you should have the 9x13 but not the 9x03.

Recode, Vision and NMHub should require patent activations for mpeg-4, blu-ray and AVCHD.

Are any of the files copyrighted or otherwise protected?

I looked at my Recode default profile and it says Nero MultiMedia Suite 10\Nero Recode default profile. If you open the options and select the Nero Digital Tab, do you have the box concerning enabling the classic set of profiles checkmarked?

This post has been edited by wither: Mar 1 2011, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Cineste86
post Mar 1 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #19

No, I did not get a new serial # for the Suite when I upgraded to Platinum, though I did have to install the Suite first again before installing Platinum according to the instruction I got from Nero

What will happen if I erase that so-called serial number?

Maybe a total reinstall of everything might be worth a shot? I've asked tech about that possibility. I also uninstalled Nero 9, which I also had on my computer. That made no difference.

+Quote Post
Cineste86
post Mar 1 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #20

Further to my earlier message, the serial # beginning with 1X was actually on the software disc when I purchased a hard copy of Nero Multimedia suite 10, not one assigned by Nero through a download.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed Topic