> Cannot install Nero 9
pixelplus
post Feb 10 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,184,235

QUOTE (vhoffman @ Oct 12 2008, 03:37 PM) *
The only good version of nero is version 6, all versions after nero 6 are full of bugs etc. etc. I've tried what Micmash said, but.. no, nothing works. After many times trying and trying i've installed Nero 9. I also bought Move it and MediaHome, and i'm now looking for a solution installing that. When I start the installer for the second time, I get a maintenance window', instead of the start window of the installer. When you're installing Nero and it fails, always clean your TEMP-folder, because you can ran out of disk-space. I run Windows Vista Ultimate x64

I hope someone finds a solution!

well - the problem here is you are out of disc space shortly after executing SetupX.msi file. Installer puts a lot in TEMP folder and does not clean it up neither after completion nor failure.... In order to be able to do sth smoothlyon your OS, or to retrieve smooth workhood you have clean TEMP folder manually.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ricgmatawan
post Mar 2 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 8,431,456

Nero 9 install Vista 64 Ultimate sp1. Install suggested .Net framework. Un-install any previous version of Nero. Reboot. Run General Clean Tool. Reboot. Reboot into safe mode. While in safe mode, delete contents of User temp folder. Reboot and insert Nero 9 Installation disk. Exit install and copy entire disk contents to C: root. Remove Installation CD. Install Nero from the copy placed in your C: rooot.

Installed on 3 PCs. No issues with Install.

+Quote Post
Storrmin
post Mar 15 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 8,436,015

I have the same problem fails at 75% same messages about rollback etc. I run on XP SP3 I have disable firewall and antivirus (Norton 360) Any one know a solution to this annoying problem. I bought the disc rather than dl. :angry:

+Quote Post
hatethisdung
post Mar 15 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,306,216

QUOTE (Ricgmatawan @ Mar 2 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Nero 9 install Vista 64 Ultimate sp1. Install suggested .Net framework. Un-install any previous version of Nero. Reboot. Run General Clean Tool. Reboot. Reboot into safe mode. While in safe mode, delete contents of User temp folder. Reboot and insert Nero 9 Installation disk. Exit install and copy entire disk contents to C: root. Remove Installation CD. Install Nero from the copy placed in your C: rooot.

Installed on 3 PCs. No issues with Install.

Are these three Nero-legal copies or have you been a naughty boy, if so plz let us into the secret as so many people have been frustrated by paid versions of the thing it would be nice if they could get something back!

+Quote Post
fafner
post Mar 17 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 8,436,544

QUOTE (confuxion @ Oct 6 2008, 02:31 PM) *
"Calm down"...haha, hilarious. I wasn't intentionally being rude, so it sounds like you should take your own advice.

If you DID read his post, why did you..... you know what? Forget it; not even the point of this conversation.

Make sure I have the correct CleanTool? There are 3 different ones? How was I supposed to know that?? It would be useful if you actually posted where you downloaded the CORRECT one? Or is it the link you included in your first post? If so, I apologize for not knowing there were 3 different ones; must have missed wherever that was printed on Nero's site.

And what do you mean by "forcing" CleanTool to run? I ran it, with admin priviledges, it selected the Nero products on my system, I told it to "run" and it gave me a message saying everything was removed successfully. However, I still could not install Nero 9 afterwards. I don't seem to be the only one, either.

If you are still having problems removing Nero8 or Nero9 then the correct clean tool is: General-CleanTool_2_2_0_37.exe
I am have a similar kind of problem in that after I delete Nero9 completely the installer for Nero8 just refuses to find some of the DLL files, as far as I am concerned Nero9 is a load of crap, it is great at making coasters and just about nothing else, I hope they get it sorted out real soon because it is no use like this.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 17 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Just a clarification on the Windows Vista instructions above. The nero files should be found in the Program Files (X86) folder (not Program Files) and there will be some Nero files in the Program Data folder. This is the case for V8. Correct me if I'm wrong about V9.

+Quote Post
Ricgmatawan
post Mar 19 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (hatethisdung @ Mar 15 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Are these three Nero-legal copies or have you been a naughty boy, if so plz let us into the secret as so many people have been frustrated by paid versions of the thing it would be nice if they could get something back!

Only legal. IT Professional. Cannot/Do not deal with pirated software.

The Clean Tool did its job to a point, but residue in the user temp folder still needed to be wiped after. One thing I will add is that after I used the General Clean Tool and wiped the Temp folder, I also did a very basic 'one-step' clean with Glary to at least slightly mop the reg. The load from DVD Rom failed with the same msg seen by others at the same percentage location. I noticed a spike in processor activity at this point and then a complete lack there of. It appeared there was a lag in response time to some type of install ack, a resource usage spike and then complete drop in activity immediately preceding the halt. Resembled a timeout. I felt as though the install process was tripping and needed to be moved to, initiated, and run from the C:\ root to optimize DTR. Once the general clean tool was applied, the user temp folder was cleared, a generic reg clean run, entire disk contents copied to C:\ root (removing the DVD from the operation) and the install run from the HDD instead of the DVD Rom... There were no issues.

+Quote Post
Luin71
post Mar 30 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 8,441,168

Done all thing the thread have sayed. Clean every thing about nero, put the install files to C:/ root and installed from there ..
still it get stuck on same place 82% .

I have also problem with Clean tool, it get a c++ runtime error all the time.

Also tried with newest version on the nero site.

+Quote Post
Ricgmatawan
post Apr 2 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #49

Done all thing the thread have sayed. Clean every thing about nero, put the install files to C:/ root and installed from there ..
still it get stuck on same place 82% .

I have also problem with Clean tool, it get a c++ runtime error all the time.

Also tried with newest version on the nero site.

If you have already performed what is disucssed below and on my previous post, apologies. Thinking maybe there was an error in order of events or maybe I should have explained further and left something in the balance. Or not. No cost eh really to type a little more eh?

Un-install the Clean Tool and anything Nero related and reboot into Safe Mode so you have unrestricted access to UserName\Local Settings\Temp folder.

If you are not in Safe Mode Os will restrict change access to particular files because they are being accessed in the background for what now amounts to no actual value to you... and you need to delete them.

Just select everything in your Temp and delete entire contents.

At the most you will loose cached logins/passwords and IE add-ons if applicable... temporary instances of MS Office work/templates...

What you loose deleting contents of Temp is of minor significance if you are saving work you need on a regular basis and not relying on your MS Office app's restore functionality to revive improperly saved revisions of docs, grids, etc. (Just a minor warning before indicating to delete entire contents of a folder.)

Left unmaintained for extended duration, Temp can/will build size and look as though it contains a large amount of data files that may seem integral in some regard. Temporary, they are not needed and will absolutely get in the way of something at some point in time. The other aspect is this install is long! It already failed on you all the way at 82% and wasted your time. There is no reason to waste anymore trying to cherry pick in Temp attempting to locate associated file names or name abbreviations that seem related. My experience has been most of the time that will result in missing a file that has no visible naming convention similarity but is in fact associated. This folder can be wiped on a regular basis regardless and married with defrag and other system clean up tasks as part of regular pm's to keep your box as uncorrupted as possible in a Windows based environment.

Searching your registry for specific vagrants can be difficult and usually needlessly time consuming as well. Obviously necessary at times, but more often then not you’ll find yourself in even deeper after your regedit maneuver didn’t go as planned. Back it up and export it to be sure if editing manually. A basic registry repair utility, for whatever minor repair it actually does, was seemingly sufficient (in my circumstance).

Is a third party registry repair task even necessary? I am not really sure because I am thinking that 2 failures is absolutely 1 too many and making sure I include all the standard protocol type operations before next attempt. Post “out of box” setup failure, there seems to be no reason to leave a few simple tasks out of the next try and waste more time in your day if success is actually attainable.

*NOTE* [i]Indication to use Glary Utility could also be substituted with any generic registry cleaner[/i]. I really prefer not to start mentioning other software titles in a discussion post, but there is possible relevance because the loads completed and it was used. GU = free utility that worked in this scenario, does actually seem to function as advertised, seems to be liked by other users in general for whatever that amounts to, and personally I find has a couple other very useful tools unrelated to this topic. I have experimented with alternate “fee involved” registry cleaners/repair utilities floating around that perhaps get a little to involved in seemingly anything and everything and tend to not really do much of anything except slow the system down on Startup and repair the registry to the point something I did not want affected stops functioning properly after my next reboot.

? These preparation steps really can/should be done every time new software is being installed to make sure your system is as clean as possible before layering with new apps and the order they are applied/performed can be important. Maybe.

Perform these 4 or 5 quick tasks top to bottom. Suggestion for your current scenario would be to Un-install via standard Os method -> Reboot and log back on -> When logged back on and at your desktop after all TSRs are done and full startup complete, reboot again but break out and enter Safe Mode this time -> Navigate and enter Temp folder previously indicated, select all and delete entire folder contents -> Reboot -> run the Reg cleaner and auto repair -> Reboot -> Check your .NET Framework and re-download the Clean Tool and Run -> Reboot -> Give it another shot. Reboot. Reboot. Reboot. Windows like reboots when clearing out or applying software. A reboot after every environment changing action will not hurt anyone.

“Top Down” Methodology… Try cleaning out your temp folder and then try to un-install your bad app(s)… or if you can’t, go back and clean out your Temp again post. Transient files will move into your Temp folder and leave residue you can't afford with stubborn installs such as this. Try not to clean your registry and then un-install Nero apps unless you need to repair your registry to actually get them to uninstall in the first place (sometimes the case). Try repairing your registry last preceding your actual setup.exe attempt. You are being made to do too much un-installing and deleting already because the product install is not smooth. Try to be as sure as possible you have all of that taken care of before your start to reload. ~Destruct-to-Construct~ Top Down = Un-install via either Specific software loaded un-install program available or control panel add-remove access -> Use customer based clean tool if applicable -> Clear temp files -> Repair registry -> Reload. If your current version of Nero will not uninstall, flip the process.

Apologies if this was a wasted post and all viewing are already fully aware of the method I am advising and/or have previously completed the process above exactly as indicated. My Intention was not to over explain a few fairly simple, quick tasks or attempt to sound more versed than is the case. I just noticed specific omissions from your response as to completed tasks.

I do acknowledge that you stated previous completion all of tasks as described so that omission(s) noticed now from your post may have been inconsequential.

Thought I would offer this last post on the topic. I received the C++ error with one of the clean tools and my initial install halted right at 82% as well. Post completion of the indicated standard-type software install failure-cleanup-re-try, it worked.

I am not particularly pleased with how this version of software responds to Vista after successful install, but that is another issue entirely and may have as much to do with Vista itself and the hardware I am running as the customer’s app.

Actually getting it on the box is our goal here I believe, and it has been my experience that when failures mirror each other, there is an extremely high probability the fix will as well and there is usually a small step/portion/order of the operation altered causing the discrepancy in outcomes. For what its worth there’s the sum of what I have to offer.

[Opinion] Noticed a lot of Nero bashing tossed out. Loading software can, without question, be frustrating. But is it possible Nero might be worth a “sleeves up” install effort once this decade? I have been using a version in some form or fashion on every personal box I have had for quite some time now with little hassle ever and have experienced “as advertised” performance overall basically without exception and have definitely burned a few successful TBs worth of data with little to no effort.

Sure would be nice if every software load worked and compatibility was never an issue, and new Windows platform releases never equated to bumps in the road. Nah, actually I take that back. When it gets too easy all the time and everyone can do whatever they like on a PC I will probably have to look for a new line of work. {Hidden grin growing} When abusers become irate over software they can return next Saturday… starting to reminisce... Customer DM’s hot breath on neck - practically in the rack with me - whole sites down - re-imaging controllers at 2am onsite since 2pm. “When will it be up?!?” every five without pause. Jest. I tease.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by Ricgmatawan: Apr 2 2009, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post
shearroller
post Apr 24 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 8,449,577

Guys,

Two days ago I installed 32-bit Vista Home Premium, mainly out of sheer curiosity, while waiting for it's 64-bit counterpart to get here. Up until two days ago I've been using XP Home as my main OS. Anyway, to my dismay, I wasn't able to get NERO 9 installed! Just like all the others, the installation would freeze at 6% to 15%, even after working overnite! Not good Ahead... So onto the internet I go to research the problem, which lead me to this post. After reading, and re-reading, every post I managed to get the bloody software installed!!! The fix turns out to be a simple one:

If you haven't had any success installing NERO 9 go back and do what is suggested to clean out your system...DO IT ALL!!! Once you get your system clean reboot normally into Vista. (Since I bought my NERO 9 as a download the app is already on my HDD.) Using 7-zip I expanded NERO 9 into it's own folder, as per an earlier post. But UNLIKE the earlier post I did NOT delete any of the 'unit_*' folders!

Next, find 'setupx.exe', RIGHT-CLICK on it, go to PROPERTIES then click on the COMPATIBILITY tab. Look for and click on COMPATIBILITY MODE (be sure there is a check in it's box) and select WINDOWS XP (Service Pack 2). Next, even tho' I was logged in as admin I checked the RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR (I don't know Vista well enough to assume anything!) and hit APPLY. Once I did these few things I double-clicked on 'setupx.exe' and NERO 9 promptly installed itself. And it works just fine too, btw.

I hope my method for installing NERO 9 onto 32-bit Vista works for everyone. If this hadn't worked out for me I would have been in trouble...I got lucky...hope you do as well. Ciao...

+Quote Post
bjbonde
post Aug 30 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 8,513,404

OK.

After trying all sorts of cleaning of temp files, registry, general clean tool, etc etc etc--here's what worked for me: I updated QuickTime. I know it makes no sense. But after struggling, and struggling, I was just going to use QuickTimePro to edit some video. I updated it and then realized it wasn't powerful enough. So out of frustration, I just reinstalled Nero 9 AGAIN for the 5th time, over the top of my previous "partial" install of Nero 9 (as I could never get it to fully install) with the full temporary folder intact, an uncleaned registry and all.

Guess what? It installed fine and all the programs work.

I'll be damned...

+Quote Post
OscarLevant
post Sep 23 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 8,546,292

Possible help for this problem of inability to install after an un-install. I bought 9.0 a week ago, installed it easily and then found it would not launch. So I un-installed it and when I tried to re-install got the famous "Installation Error - The installation process cannot be resumed. A rollback of the failed components will be performed..." etc.

Since I had 10 days of free support, I called in and got someone who really seemed to know what he was talking about and here are the steps that were ultimately successful:

1. Go to nero.com and get the "General Cleaner" download, not the one for any specific version of Nero. Download it, run it and re-boot.

2. Go to Microsoft.com and do a search for "Microsoft.NET 3.0 Redistribution Package." Install it. If you get a message that you already have the most current edition of that file, there is no need to install it.

3. Go back to Nero.com and download 9.0 from their site. It says "UPDATE" but it is really the full, "Fixed" version o 9.0 Don't RUN it from their site, download it to the desktop. Then install it from there. Do not install from the disk you purchased, use the on-line version. It will look like you are downloading a Trial Version but when the box comes up with a serial number, get rid of their trial number and input the number that came with your purchased version.

4. I did all of the above, the program installed in 30 minutes and is working fine.

Hope this is of some help.

BT

+Quote Post
LLSSEC
post Oct 18 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 8,577,306

Hello
I had the same problem it would only stop at 11% of the installation. the problem started when i had install vista again on my computer i reformatted my drive then i was trying to install nero on the fresh vista it would halt i started to search but i was just feelt lazy trying clean tool again and again so i decided to format my drive again.
I notice that the reformat was just doing a quick format so i went to command prompt on vista installation and formatted my drive. once it was formated which took me some time (since it wasen't a quick format) i install vista again nero installation went smoothly.

i think is just some part that didn't get format well on the drive.

hope some people will use this if they want to format their drive.
just format on cmd not the vista format when installing.

+Quote Post
fjevader
post Oct 18 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 7,834,150

QUOTE (joebe1 @ Oct 8 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Thanks NVARGAS. I am running on VISTA Home Premium. I have run the cleanup tool numerous times. I already have explorer set up to show hissed files as well as all extensions. I have deleted all references to AHEAD and NERO. I have run regedit as administrator and removed all references to NERO or AHEAD. However there is one key that is locked and I cannot find a way to delete it... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NERO. This may be the problem, I don't know. I even did a safe boot and ran regedit as admin and still cannot delete it. Any ideas? I have done everything else you recommended.

I am just starting to do my upgrade and have been reading all of these post just to see how things were going for this version. I am at 47% for about 3min. now and getting a "Bad Feeling About This". I am just upgrading from version 9.2.1.1.6 (I think). I am using Vista Ultimate 32 bit. When I updated from version 8 I had a lot of trouble going to 9. I used "Unlocker" to get past most of the problems. I also did what NVARGAS suggested. You can get a copy of "Unlocked" here: http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html. Oh made it to 57% now. Hope this might help a little. Good luck to all.

+Quote Post
jglefler
post Nov 17 2009, 02:53 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 7,665,530

Hello,

I have had the same problem installing Nero 9. My platform is Vista Home Ultimate 64 bit SP2. Thanks to all of you for the tips that helped me with this. This is what worked for me.

1. I uninstalled everything related to Nero from Programs And Features.

2. I selected start, run, and entered %temp% in the command line. This took me to my temp folder which I emptied. I emptied the recycle bin and rebooted.

3. I selected the Nero 9 clean tool from the Nero support section of the main site. This, to my surprise, directed me to what I was really looking for, the "General" clean tool. I unpacked and ran the General clean tool. I rebooted again.

4. I downloaded the Nero 9 trial version install program from Nero and entered my user license number when asked. I ran the program as Administrator. The program AT LONG LAST did a fast, full, clean install. All programs now work fine.

I did nothing more than the four steps outlined above. Apparently the combination of old left over junk from old versions of Nero combined with a lack of room in the temp folder causes the problem.

Good luck

This post has been edited by jglefler: Nov 17 2009, 03:43 AM

+Quote Post
eathan89
post Nov 25 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 8,623,324

QUOTE (ken1701 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:26 PM) *
You Need to force the Clean tool to run even if it say's it can't find it.

The Clean tool needs to Remove Information from the registry.

I have had 3 clients that had the same problems you people are having, The force running Of the Clean Tool fixed the problem.

Also, right click on the clean tool and give it Administrative privileges.

"Uh, did you even read the first post???!!! He said he ran CleanTool and still could not install Nero 9. Am I missing something here?"

I Never post without reading fully,

Calm down and give the tool Administrative Privileges and try it again, And Make Sure you have the Correct Tool there are 3 Different Ones

it worked finally!thanks dude!u made me happy:d

+Quote Post
eathan89
post Nov 25 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 8,623,324

i get the same message again...

+Quote Post
Yatagana
post Nov 27 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 8,626,195

hi Guys,

i hope someone can help me out here ,i am straggling with nero 9 trial install. i registered on their side and downloaded it from there i got an e-mail from them to verify my mail an everything looked normal so far , i clicked on the installer axe and it start to install some processes are counting on top and goes all the way to the end 100%..than i choose English and some serial appears on the right place and i press next and i have a typical install or custom and then next and ask me to install some ASK search engine and some patch and when is done i press next and then gives me an error "the installation wizard fail to install nero 9 trial" please try again reboot your pc and if is still not working download General clean tool..................., and like a good Student i did ...installed it .... cleaned it forced it as well.......restarted it....still nothing the same...... then i read all the treads on this forum how to fix it did the register cleaning and still the same.....i have checked every place on my pc .... no nero at all an is still nothing.., getting stack at the same please over and over again. i have never had nero before, and is for first time trying to install it,i am running a XP service pack 3.
Please help.

This post has been edited by Yatagana: Nov 27 2009, 02:31 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 27 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Try this-

Run the general clean tool
Go into your registry and do a search/find on Nero and Ahead. Delete all entries.
Search your hard drive and delete all Nero folders
Run the Windows disk clean tool, making sure that "temporary folders" and "empty recycle bin" are checkmarked
Reboot
Turn off Anti-virus.
Reinstall

Most people don't want the Ask toolbar. It doesn't get uninstalled when you uninstall Nero so you'll have to find the folder(s) it is in and delete it, if you don't want it.

does this help?

+Quote Post
Yatagana
post Nov 28 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 8,626,195

QUOTE (wither @ Nov 27 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Try this-

Run the general clean tool
Go into your registry and do a search/find on Nero and Ahead. Delete all entries.
Search your hard drive and delete all Nero folders
Run the Windows disk clean tool, making sure that "temporary folders" and "empty recycle bin" are checkmarked
Reboot
Turn off Anti-virus.
Reinstall

Most people don't want the Ask toolbar. It doesn't get uninstalled when you uninstall Nero so you'll have to find the folder(s) it is in and delete it, if you don't want it.

does this help?

Hi thanks for your advice.

i tried...all of it...a few times..... regedit...... everywhere...cleaning tools rebooting 10 times run some programs like Advanced system optimizer....cleaned all the folders temp ..and everything ales......spend 2 full days of me time....priceless....,that is the worst program i have tried to install in my life....honestly that is simply ridiculous.......i am Fairly advanced user i have pretty much every program out there from normal to professional platforms development programs team building programs for Blackberries and so on and on.....But i haven’t seen ever such a idiotic program build, they must fire the developers immediately . i am giving up trying i have a clonedvd2 and a couple of other programs for burning .....but seriously that is outrages i am glad i didn’t first buy it ,wanted first to try the trial....... never again...the way nero is going i can see the end of them REALY SOON.. shame that is the end of nero era. i will make sure to share my experience to as many people as i can. Sorry Nero you deserve it this time..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed Topic