IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> [Solved] No serial/key provided anywhere!
Amby19
post Nov 20 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,271,668

Is Nero always this frustrating to deal with!?

I purchased an upgrade from Nero 9 to Nero Video Premium HD from their online shop. I only wanted Nero Vision Xtra, since I already have an excellent BluRay player (ArcSoft TMT 3), but Nero's web site offered no way to upgrade to that. It only allowed me to upgrade to either Video Premium HD or Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD, so I chose the former.

Question: Did they not offer an upgrade path from Nero 9 to Nero Vision Xtra because Nero 9 already does the same thing as Vision Xtra (not counting the BluRay player since I don't need it anyway)? Please let me know so I can return it for a refund.

Anyway, when I received the confirmation email, it did not show any serial number/key! Also, the email provided a link to download the software I just purchased, but after following the link, the web page did not show any download link, either!

Here's what the confirmation email said (excluding my personal info):
Dear <customer name>,

Thank you for your Nero purchase!

Please find your Nero Product(s) download link, installation notes and billing info below.

KEEP THIS E-MAIL AS YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE!
We recommend that you keep this e-mail in case you need support services and/or need to reinstall your product(s) at a later date.

To DOWNLOAD your software and/or access your online invoice visit: https://webshop.nero.com/cgi-bin/shop/ml=EN?mode=info

Use the following to login to your account:

E-Mail: <customer email address>

But again, there was no serial number or download link either in the email or the web page!

I sent a customer service message complaining about both the lack of a download link and the lack of the serial number. In their reply, they wrote (in part): "you are not required to download any additional software". Huh?? Why write "To DOWNLOAD your software..." in the email if I didn't need to download anything? I purchase a new app I've never previously owned or downloaded yet I am "not required to download any 'additional' software"? Did they imagine someone had teleported it to my hard disk or something?

They also replied in a condescending manner, suggesting it was completely obvious that I had to download the trial version of Nero Vision Xtra. How stupid of me not to have known that.

Yet they still haven't provided me with any serial number! The customer service reply completely ignored that part of my message.

What the heck's wrong with Nero AG that they can't get even such fundamental basics right? I have to remember not to do business with them in the future...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 20 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Vision Extra is available as a standalone. It's here- http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-video-transition.html. The Video Premium HD has more features which I think you'll like. Most users would probably want the whole suite. The cost for Platinum is a bargain and contains all the plug-ins.

What happens if you fill in your e-mail address and password when you follow the link available? Does it show the serial number? I'm asking because I don't buy anything online so don't know what happens.

If you go to My Community and log in, select My Profile then the Serial tab. Is your serial number show there?

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Nov 22 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Amby19,

Apparently there is a big misunderstanding here. I will like to clarify this matter.

It is not possible to upgrade from Nero 9 to Nero VisionXtra nor to Nero Video Premium HD. It is only possible to upgrade from one Nero suite to another one, or from a standalone product to a complete Suite. But it is not possible to upgrade from a complete Suite to a standalone product. This is not possible.

You can upgrade from Nero 9 only to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 or to Multimedia Suite Platinum HD. It is not possible to upgrade to Nero VisionXtra, because Nero Vision Xtra is a standalone product, and is the first version of this standalone product. There is no previous version of this product to upgrade from.

I looked for your confirmation order and the problem is that you purchased an "upgrade" from "Nero VisionXtra" to "Nero Video Premium HD" and not a upgrade from “Nero 9” to “Nero Video Premium HD” (again this is not possible).

The problem is that you apparently selected the wrong product in our upgrade Center.

Please take a look at the first screenshot that I attach to this post. In the Upgrade Center you need to select the “product that you own”. There you needed to select Nero 9 and not Nero Nero VisionXtra. If you select the actual version that you have, in this case Nero 9, you cannot upgrade to Nero Vision Xtra nor to Nero Video Premium HD. You will only get the possibility to upgrade to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 or to the Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD version. See the second screenshot attached to this post.

Apparently instead of selecting Nero 9, you selected Nero VisionXtra under “select the product you own”. If you select this, you will get the possibly to upgrade to “Nero Video Premium HD” or to the “Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD”. Please see the third screenshot attached. This is what you selected, you selected Nero VisionXtra and purchased the upgrade from Nero VisionXtra to Nero Video Premium HD for US$ 29,99. Please see the forth screenshot attached. After clicking on Upgrade now you got an extra discount and paid US $25.45 for this version.

Now, as you purchased an upgrade from Nero VisionXtra to Nero Video Platinum HD, you need a Nero VisionXtra version and serial number corresponding to this version to be able to activate this upgrade. This upgrade is nothing else than a serial number. There will be nothing to download from the onlineshop, as you purchased an upgrade. All you would need to do to activate the Video Premium HD version, would be to enter the provided serial number in the Nero VisionXtra ControlCenter.

You did receive a serial number in your confirmation order. I can see that the serial number is entered in your confirmation order e-mail under:

"Product Name Qty Type Price"

It indicates:

“Nero Video Premium HD- Download Version 1 License-key US $25.49
Serial Number: 9X28-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX”

That is your serial number for the Video Premium HD upgrade. In your case, you will not be able to use it, as I told you already, this serial number only works if you have a previous Nero VisionXtra version. In normal cases, you simply need to enter this serial number in the ControlCenter of Nero VIsionXtra, and this will activate the Premium HD functions.

If you only want Nero VisionXtra, then it is not possible to upgrade from Nero 9 to this version.

You can either purchase Nero VisionXtra as standalone product, or upgrade from Nero 9 to the Nero Multimedia Suite 10 (includes Nero VisionXtra).

In your case, we will kindly refund the money that you paid for the Nero Premium HD upgrade, as this was an honest mistake. What you will need to do would be to purchase either the upgrade from Nero 9 to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 or the Nero VisionXtra standalone version and send us a copy of both confirmation order numbers. Then we can refund the money for the wrong purchase.

You will be contacted per e-mail with the steps to follow in this case.

I hope that this clarifies this problem. Please let me know if there is still something that is not clear.

Best regards,

Infohelp
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Amby19
post Dec 6 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,271,668

I am very pleased with Nero's / Infohelp's response. The problem was indeed "pilot error"; the upgrade page is a bit confusing, but it's also true that I used it wrong. I've now decided to upgrade from Nero 9 to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 (the non-HD version, since I didn't want yet another software BluRay player).

Thanks, Infohelp!

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Dec 6 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Amby19,

I am glad that this information helped. I wish you all the fun working with Nero Multimedia Suite 10, and you know where to find us if you need some help, or have any doubts!

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic