IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 10 standard - can recode convert video to ipod format?
bb193
post Nov 15 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,844,201

For many years, I've used Nero 7, Recode to convert non-DRM DVDs to iPod format, so my daughters can watch them on their nanos.

I'm looking to upgrade to Nero 10 Multimedia Suite Standard edition, as part of a Windows 7 upgrade. To test this out, I've downloaded the trial Nero 10 onto my PC (still XP) and made sure it is up to date.

However, when I try to use Nero Recode to convert to iPod format, it says that I need to buy some sort of add on. I wondered - if this an add-on that comes with the full purchase of Nero 10 Standard, or will I need to buy the add-on too (or possibly buy the much more expensive Platinum edition)?

Looking at the version comparison (http://www.nero.com/enu/nero10-version-comparison.html), under Multimedi tools, Nero 10 has 'Convert videos to mobile devices (PSP, iPod, etc)' ticked.

But then, under 'add-ons' , it says £19.99 buys the Move-It plugin, which enables me to 'Transfer and convert photos, music and videos between mobile devices (iPod®, iPhone®, Android™ phones and more). Easily transfer your MP3, FLAC, HE-AAC, AVC(H.264), MPEG-2, MPEG-4, .wma and many other audio and video file formats to your choice of device; PC, mobile phone, digital camera and more '.

I don't want to do anything clever - just what I can do with Nero 7 - take a non-DRM DVD and convert it to a video format that works on an iPod nano. It just doesn't seem clear if Nero 10 Standard does this without buying an add-on - and the fact that the trial doesn't isn't encouraging.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 15 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

The trial doesn't support mpeg-4, AVCHD, and BD-RA. If what you're trying to recode is one of those, that explains it.

In addition, the standard issue of V10 doesn't include the DTS plug-in, the move-it plug-in and, if you want to play blu-ray, you will need that plug-in as well.

If you buy the Platinum edition, all the plug-ins are included. That would be my recommendation. I think it's on sale right now. Also you will get a credit for V7 regardless of which issue of V10 you purchase. I'm kind of chasing back and forth between the two threads where you ask the same questions. You indicated you're using the XP MCE edition and that's not listed as a supported system for V10. I did ask tech support and they said you would need SP3, but after reading you're initial post I see you would be upgrading to Win 7 so it's a mute point. I'm guessing that a system that can run Win 7 home edition or higher probably meets the Nero system requirements.

This post has been edited by wither: Nov 15 2010, 05:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Nov 16 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi bb193,

I answered here: http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=7769

Best regards,