Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> [Solved] Serial number problem
Gene--O
post Oct 24 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,819,622

I downloaded and ran the Nero 10 Multimedia Suite trial version. Then I uninstalled it and purchased and installed the Platinum version. Now I keep getting asked for a serial number. The serial number provided for the paid version was the same as for the trial version and when I entet that, Nero Control Center tells me I have the trial version. How do I get the situation corrected so the Platinum version I paid for is activated with all of its additioal components.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Oct 24 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 7,525,840

I would report this to technical support with order number (and all other order data). I am sure if it is mistake from Nero side they will help you :)

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 24 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (Gene--O @ Oct 24 2010, 02:50 PM) *
The serial number provided for the paid version was the same as for the trial version and when I entet that,

What do you mean with this?
Normally, you should get an e-mail with the full serial - just enter this serial.

Havn't you got an email?

How does your serial look like?
8X01-..... -> This is a trial serial
9X03-.... -> This is a Multimedia Suite 10 Serial
9X13-... -> This is a Multimedia Suite 10 HD Serial
9X27-... -> This are the upgrade packs for users who already have NMS 10 Suite

Whats the first 4 digits of the serial you got?

greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Oct 24 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Jens,

The serial number provided in the e-mail begins with 9x13. When I enter the serial number from the e-mail you refer to I get a message saying it is invalid. At some point during the installation of the Platinum edition the serial nummber given was the same as the trial version. That apparently doesn't activate the Platinum version I paid for.

Thanks,

Gene

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 24 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

As I understand it, Nero has to be fully updated before using the platinum serial but I think that's assuming you already have V10 installed. It might be worth trying "check for updates" and installing them if it will let you. Then add the platinum number.

I'm confused by the fact that you said the number for the trial is the same as the one for Platinum.

How did you uninstall the Trial version?

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Oct 24 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #6

The trial version was uninstalled via control panel. The computer was restarted afterwards then Platinum was installed.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 24 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (Gene--O @ Oct 24 2010, 04:45 PM) *
Jens,

The serial number provided in the e-mail begins with 9x13. When I enter the serial number from the e-mail you refer to I get a message saying it is invalid.

a) 9x13-xxxx is correct - this are the nero 10 HD serials.

b) Maybe you simple miss typed it? please carefully verify you have entered every correctly

c) Do you enter the serial in the installer or in the control-center?

d) What Installer did you use?
Important: The new Platinum HD serials cannot be entered in an "old" nero 10.0 installer!

e) Can you attach a screenshot of the dialog? (Be sure to not show/whipe out serial, if it is shown)

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Oct 24 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

jens-f

Recently you highlighted that a USER who purchased a version of Nero in October 2008 and had never been able to get the program to work although apparently TS had continuously suggested that a download of updates be tried and the supplied ser no be entered.

The result turned out to be the Ser No had been BARRED by NERO due to the TRANSACTION had been flagged, a month later, Nov 2008, as being FRAUDULENT

Is it possible that this is another case of a 'FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION'.

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Oct 24 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #9

I uninstalled Nero 10 via Control Panel, restarted the computer, reinstalled Nero Platinum, then restarted the computer again. The serial number that came in the e-mail for the Platinum edition took this time. Nero Control Panel now lists the Platinum edition, not the demo version like before. I got the registration screen when I started Nero for the first time after the reinstall, which did not happen before. I wonder if the problem was a faulty uninstall of the demo version?

Thanks all for your suggestions.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Oct 29 2010, 07:27 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Gene--O,

You said that the new serial number wasn´t accepted the first time, so it was installed as trial. I cannot imagine why this happened. Maybe the wrong installation file? As jens-f said, you need to use the latest trial version or the complete installer for the Platinum HD version o be able to enter your new serial number.

Nevertheless, I am glad that the problem has been solved!

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic