Start new topic
> [Solved] Nero vision 16:9 and buring to DVD
Vincentdebooij
post Oct 19 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,680,285

Hello All.

I have got the last update... it was a lot! I was already waiting about my other problem solved and it did!

Made and checked all the settings. My pictures on camera are taken by aspect 16:9, so the rest for exported and burning on DVD are all set 16:9.

So i started to put my films (from a camera) movie.mod, imported and made it to one film, with all the things with it. (films, text and music etc).

First thing i noticed was: when the text is projected in the film (playing in preview in the editor) the movie jumps for a split second from 16:9 to 4:3 and back, including the original film.

Then i exported this film on aspect 16:9. After checking is was written in mpeg-2 in aspect 16:9. Saved the project.

Imported the exported film in aspect 16:9. Made the menu's, set the aspect also to 16:9 and start burning on a empty DVD. After 10 minutes it was done succesfully.

I started playing the DVD, the menu was 16:9, but (suprise! ) the movie was 4:3 on DVD.

HELP, what is wrong here????

Pleas let me know... It is already reported to Nero Support Nero ID [5114979001]

This post has been edited by Vincentdebooij: Oct 19 2010, 10:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Oct 27 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 7,525,840

As i understood you use Text effects (transitions) in Vision ?
Basicly solution is: import just video + music and don't add any effects. Make DVD video from it. If it works OK that means aspect is switching from 16:9 to 4:3 because of special effects.

+Quote Post
Vincentdebooij
post Oct 27 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #3

Hello

I was using video editor (nero vision) and saw it happening. Imported original films from the camera, made some text in the films, then exported the whole film. The preview showed me by starting the text effects, i saw the screen jump for a split second from 16:9 to 4:3 and then back. I checked the original and the film was played 16:9 as expected.

This is the small problem.

The big problem is that i made all the settings 16:9 and start burning to DVD. After it is was succesfullly burned, i start checking the dvd.

I saw the menu 16:9, but i started the film and it was burned aspect 4:3. I am sure that i had set it on 16:9.

That is strange... or did i missed something.

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Oct 27 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member
Group Icon

OK. I will try to make 16:9 DVD video disk then. 5min should be enough, i will upload example.

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Oct 27 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member
Group Icon

*File was removed*
DVD video 16:9, recorded from TV. Please don't pay attention to stretched video, because my TV tuner ignores 16:9 and sets to 4:3 by default (when i watch TV standard)

I manually changed it in Vision to 16:9.

I think you should write step by step how to reproduce you issue and upload your video file. Because many problems depends what hardware using was created video file, etc ...

+Quote Post
Vincentdebooij
post Oct 28 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #6

No, this is not a recording from tv tuner or TV. These files are coming from a digital videocamera, recorded 16:9 and put together in 16:9 to burn on DVD 16:9. But if i play the DVD, the menu is 16:9 and the pictures are set to 4:3. This was not happening in Nero 9. All the settings are set to 16:9 aspect. I tried other DVD's and DVD-recorders, but all the same results.

The strange thing is, while the burning proces is happening, nero vision shows 16:9 films in aspect.

I have send the hole thing to Nero, all the files etc for analyses.

Hopefully the come with a answer / solution i a short time, because i couldn't use Nero 10 from begin of october this year.

This post has been edited by Vincentdebooij: Oct 28 2010, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
Yevhen
post Nov 25 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,831,666

Hello All

Was this issue ever sorted. I am having the same problem - 16:9 video with no effects/text - originally dv saved as .mov file - trying to import into Vision 10 and burn to DVD - keeps changing to 5:4?????

Any advice or suggestions please

Thanks - Yevhen

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 25 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Is your V10 fully updated? If yes, I would send an e-mail to tech support which the original person did. If you do, would you please post the resolution just so other people, like yourself, don't have to keep asking the same question?

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Nov 26 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Yevhen,

The problem that Vincentdebooij reported has been solved. I even checked with support and we got an e-mail from Vincentdebooij confirming that the problem has been solved with the latest update. His problem was that the movie on the DVD was 4:3 and not 5:4. I cannot tell you If yours is the same problem. He sent us some test files and we could reproduce the problem with his files and therefore solve the problem.

I suggest you to make sure that you update to the latest Nero 10 version. If the problem is fixed, then it was the same reason and problem that Vincentdebooij reported. If not, it is a different problem. In that case please create a new topic, and send TechSupport a test file to try to reproduce the problem that you report.

In the meantime I will close this thread as the original problem has been solved.

Best regards,

Infohelp

Solved -> Closed!

+Quote Post

Closed Topic