Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero does not work with DVD shrink
dfsafds
post Sep 2 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821,842

I recently bought a PC with win7 and Nero startsmart essentials 9.4.112 version presinstalled but when I try to burn a DVD with shrink DVD 3.2 it simply does not want to, I already checked the "enable nero burn" box at the DVD shrink preferences tab but still not working. I used this DVD feature with win XP with no problem at all. what is happening why is not burning correctly.

This post has been edited by dfsafds: Sep 2 2010, 10:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Sep 2 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (dfsafds @ Sep 2 2010, 10:25 PM) *
I recently bought a PC with win7 and Nero stratsmart essentials 9.4.112 version presinstalled but when I tried to burn a DVD with shrink DVD 3.2 it simply does no want to, I already checked the "enable nero burn" box at the DVD shrink preferences tab but still not working. I used this DVD feature with win XP with no problem at all. what is happening why is not burning correctly.

I don't know what requirments dvd shrink has - but maybe an essentials version of nero is not enough for dvd shrink? You should check this in dvd shrink forum...

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 3 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi dfsafds,

As to our knowledge DVD Shrink tries to pass the video data directly to the Nero API (or the “burn engine”). DVD Shrink seems not to be developed anymore and therefore might still be expecting an old API version which is not used any more by Nero.
Generally we recommend to use Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express to compile the discs, as these can guarantee that the API is addressed correctly. If you have prepared any data with a third-party software and want it to burn with Nero technology, please try to save the data to the hard drive using the third-party software. Then you can start Nero, select the correct compilation type and insert the data to this compilation. For the DVD Shrink output most probably the DVD-Video compilation should be suitable.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic