Start new topic
> Saving Image as ISO
DogmanFromSpace
post Sep 1 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,733,952

Hello Everyone

I am using Nero Burning ROM 10. I am trying to burn an image using Image Recorder from a CUE file. The "Burn Compilation" box opens, followed by the "Save As" box when I click the "Burn" button. I want to save the image as an ISO file, but it is not available in the "Save as type" drop down - only Nero's proprietary NRG format is listed.

I checked the "Enable all supported recorder formats for the Image Recorder" in File>Options>Expert Features, but the ISO option does not show up.

Can someone tell me how to get the Save as ISO option to appear?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 1 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi DogmanFromSpace,

Are you trying to save an image of an Audio CD?
Please note that due to technical restrictions it is not possible to save images of Audio CDs as ISO files. Only *.nrg files are supported.

If not, you should be able to select this option. I just checked it here and NRG and ISO are available. Please see screenshot attached.

Try the steps bellow:
Open Nero Burning ROM:
In the window “new compilation” click on the symbol “CD-ROM (ISO)” in order to create a CD – ISO image file or click on the symbol “DVD-ROM (ISO)” in order to create a DVD – ISO image file.
Click on “new”, the window ISO1_CD ( ISO1_DVD) will open.
Drag and drop your files to the compilation.
Select the “image recorder” in the recorder drop-down menu.
Start the burn process.
The window “save image file” will open.
Select the path where to save the image file.
Under “save as type” select “ISO image files (*.iso)”.
Click on the “save” button.
Best regards,

Infohelp
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DogmanFromSpace
post Sep 2 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Hello and thank you for your help.

No, it is not an audio CD. The files are a *.cue file which refers to a *.bin file that actually contains the data (video).

So far, Nero will only let me save it as an *nrg image. I have used earlier versions of Nero to save these types of files as an ordinary *.iso file. I have not done it in a while so I do not remember the procedure exactly.

This post has been edited by DogmanFromSpace: Sep 2 2010, 01:29 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 2 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

According to the help file-

With Nero Burning ROM you can save a data disc as an image file. The image file can later be burned to a recordable disc. The result is a copy of the original data disc. To save the data disc as an image file, proceed as follows:
1.Insert the data disc in a drive.2.Click the Extras > Save data tracks menu.àThe Select Track window is opened. The tracklist shows you the sessions and data tracks that are found on the disc. Due to the technical reasons, only the first data track of the first session can be saved.3.Select the first data track.4.Click the Save Track button.àThe Save As window is opened.5.Select a file name and a storage location.6.In the Save As drop-down menu, select the desired output format (ISO or NRG) for the image file.

This is the only instance I can find where you can save to ISO.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 3 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi!

OK, these are two different cases.

@DogmanFromSpace, I can only imagine that your *.bin image file is not an ISO compatible file. You can burn ISO compatible files as ISO image files with Nero. I can imagine that the *.bin file that you have has UDF as file system if it contains video files. Nero can only guarantee compatibility is the file is an ISO compatible file. If not, Nero cannot burn the image as an ISO file.

@wither, what you suggested is something different. The steps that you posted are to save a "data disc" as an ISO image file on the system. This means, save the information on the physical disc to the computer as an ISO file. As far as I understand DogmanFromSpace´s files are already on his computer as a *bin image file. Now he wants to save the *cue file and its *bin image file as an ISO file.

This is only possible is the original files are ISO compatible. I can only assume that the original *bin files are not. This *.bin file probably contains a Video DVD. Video DVDs use UDF as file system, and Nero cannot guarantee compatibility in this case, this is why the option is not available.

This is also why with Nero Vision you can only burn an image of a disc as an *.nrg file and not an *.iso file.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 3 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Thanks for the explanation. I was just trying to point out the only way I could find in Nero to save as an ISO file.

+Quote Post
DogmanFromSpace
post Sep 4 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #7

Thank you for all of your help everyone.

I wound up mounting the *.bin file with a virtual drive to access the files and copy them - much easier.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic