Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Increase volume of DVD recording
Gene--O
post Aug 27 2010, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,819,622

I recorded a DVD of a TV program but the volume is too low when I play back the DVD. (That probably had to do with the volume control setting on the cable box not being turned up enough.) I've copied the file from the DVD to my computer hard drive. Is there a way, using Nero 7 Ultra Edition, to rerecord the file that is on the hard drive to a new file and edit to boost the volume while doing so? If that were posible, I'd then be able to make a new DVD from the newly created file with the volume boosted, which should solve the problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 27 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Gene--O,

Yes, you can do this. What you need to do is to import the file on your hard disc to the Nero Vision application.

Open Nero Vision and select "Make DVD" -> "DVD Video". Then select "Add video files" and add your video file to the "Content" window.

Select the added file in the "Content" window and click on "Edit Movie".

Now simple make right click on the Video track. This will open the "Properties" window.

Here you can change the volume. Please see screenshot attached.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Infohelp

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Aug 27 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Hi InfoHelp,

Thank you for the response. I tried twice, raising the volume to 200%, but each time the volume of the DVD when played in my DVD player to my TV was as low as the original. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Gene

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 28 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Gene,

Sounds very strange. Did you notice a difference in the volume within Nero Vision before burning the DVD?

Also, what happens if you playback the DVD on your computer? Did you try this? does the same problem appear?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Aug 28 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #5

Infohelp,

I did not play the video in Nero Vision before burning the DVD. I used Nero 7 to extract the soundtract as a wma file and then burned a CD. In the car I need to have the volume as high as it will go in order to hear the CD, just like I do when watching the DVD on my TV.

Gene

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 29 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

The only other thing I can think of is to take your .wma file into WaveEditor and change the volume under the Volume tab.

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Aug 29 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Hi Wither,

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked in that the CD I rerecorded now has more than sufficient volume. Unfortunately, I am still unable to rerecord a DVD with sufficient volume.

Gene

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 30 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

The idea is to bring the video into Vision Make Movie. Select Export and then Export Audio fo File. Take the resultant file into WaveEditor and increase its volume. Save it. Add it back to the Video in Make Movie.

Since you have already increased the volume of the .wma. Just bring it back into Vision with the Video on the time line.

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Aug 30 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #9

Hi Wither,

Thanks for the suggestion. I made the WMA file by playing the video with Windows Media Player and used the What U Hear setting in Nero Wave Editor to record the audio. A Google search tells me the Export Audio To File ability in Nero didn't start until Nero 8. I have Nero 7. Using the method I used to make the WMA, I don't think I can make an audio file that is equal to exactly 100% of the length of the video because I would have to begin play on the video then jump to Wave Editor and begin recording. There would be a few seconds missing at the beginning of the audio as I moved from Windows Media Player to Nero, and most likly the end wouldn't perfectly match either. So in the end, if I can add the audio back to the video using Make Movie, I assume the audio and video would be out of sync.

Do you know of a work around?

Thanks you.

Gene

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 30 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Looking at the help file for V7, if you are making a slide show you can click More then you can fit the slide show to the audio length. I didn't see anything about it for Make Movie but it wouldn't hurt to look. I know one of the versions had a Synch feature to do this.

You might consider upgrading to V10.

+Quote Post
jmanwf
post Aug 31 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,811,894

Yep this is a good feature just found it out by reading your post

This post has been edited by jmanwf: Aug 31 2010, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 31 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Hi Gene--O,

The export to wav wasn´t available until Nero 8, but Nero 7 had the option to export to Nero Digital.

In order to rip an audio track from a DVD in Nero 7 you will need a workaround as we are not providing this feature directly.

First start Nero Recode and choose teh feature "Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital"

Then import the DVD to your computer using the "Import Files" button.

Afterwards click "Next" and choose "Write to harddrive folder". This will create a MP4 file on your harddrive.

When the MP4 file was created please start the Nero Wave Editor. In the Nero Wave Editor click on "File"->"Open" and choose the MP4 file created by Nero Recode.

This will open the audio track of the MP4 file.

Now edit the file and click on "File"->"Save as" button and choose the preffered audio format.

This will create the audio track as an audio file on your harddrive.

Maybe this helps,

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Aug 31 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #13

Hi Infohelp,

After following the procedure you described, how do I go about replacing the sound from the video with the newly created sound file so that the sound is in sync with the video?

Thank you.

Gene

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 1 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Hi Gene,

I do not know if the file will be in sync, but I think that it is worth to give it a shot. This would be to add the wav file to the "Audio Track" in Nero Vision, and reduce the volume of the original file to 0%. I really do not know if this will work, but you can try it.

You said before that you are unable to record a DVD with sufficient volume. Does the same problem appear when you playback the DVD on your computer?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Sep 1 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #15

Infohelp,

The volume is better on the computer. It is low with the DVD player/ TV, and was low on the audio CD I made for the car until I used Wave Editor to boost it and then remade the CD.

Thanks again.

Gene

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 2 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Hi Gene,

It is very strange what you report, the volume being different from one player to the other one. Can only imagine this is related to the player and not to the disc.

Did you try the Nero 10 trial version? Does the same happen?

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Gene--O
post Sep 2 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #17

Hi Infohelp,

No I did not try the trial version.

There is a volume setting on the cablebox that I usually raise to maximum. However Cablevision often resets their system and the volume level I set doesn't hold. If I had realized the cablebox volume was no longer maximized and had I raised the volume of the cable box before the recording started then most likley the volume of the recoding would be fine.

If I install the trial version and then decide to buy it, do you know if it's possible to get it at the upgrade price of $59.99? If I decide not to but it, will Nero 7 still function?

Thank you,

Gene

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 3 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Hi Gene,

Unfortunately I have no more ideas on how to correct the problem with the already recorded files than the ones that we already mentioned in this thread.

Regarding Nero 10, I cannot tell you the exact upgrade price. This depends on your Nero 7 serial number, and on the offers and promotions of the day that you purchase the upgrade.

You can always contact our Customer Service to inform yourself before purchasing the upgrade.

Nero 7 and Nero 10 are two different products. If you do not purchase an upgrade to Nero 10, your Nero 7 version will still function as usual.

Best regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

Closed Topic