IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How do I burn MP4 files to a DVD in Nero 10 Multimedia suite 10?
Destin
post Aug 25 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,819,225

I want to do something very simple. I have MP4 video files from my camcorder on my hard drive. I want to burn them to a DVD. I tried Nero Vision, but every time I tried to import the MP4 files, the system crashed. What part of Nero Multimedia suite 10 do i use to do this simple task?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 25 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 25 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I want to do something very simple. I have MP4 video files from my camcorder on my hard drive. I want to burn them to a DVD. I tried Nero Vision, but every time I tried to import the MP4 files, the system crashed. What part of Nero Multimedia suite 10 do i use to do this simple task?

Nero Vision is the correct part for this.

a) What version of nero vision do you have?

b) What exactly happends? Please attach a screenshot of the crash.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 26 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

If you're using the Trial version, mpeg-4 is not supported, nor is AVCHD or BD-RA.

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 28 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #4

I have Nero Vision Xtra version 7.0.10700.4.100. I have done an update since the Nero Mulrtimedia suite 10 was installed. I open Nero Vision, select import, add MP4 files. a popup say "please wait - adding video files to the project". I then get a second popup telling me a patent application is required, which I accept. Then after a few minutes I get another popup that "Nero Vision has experieinced a serious error..." See attached screenshot. What is going on?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 28 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 28 2010, 06:28 AM) *
I have Nero Vision Xtra version 7.0.10700.4.100. I have done an update since the Nero Mulrtimedia suite 10 was installed. I open Nero Vision, select import, add MP4 files. a popup say "please wait - adding video files to the project". I then get a second popup telling me a patent application is required, which I accept. Then after a few minutes I get another popup that "Nero Vision has experieinced a serious error..." See attached screenshot. What is going on?

7.0.10700.4.100 is quite old - please apply the updates.
Just go to nero control center, click "check for updates" and "Update now".
See also:
http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero10-update.php
for instructions.

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 28 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #6

Jens-f: I am curently installing updates. It has been doing it for 4 hours. Does it really take that long? How much longer?

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 28 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

How long it takes depends on the system it's being installed on. I assume you have the updates downloaded already. If you're hard drive is low on space or is fragmented, that will slow it down. It your system is on the lower end of the specs for Nero, that could affect it. Not knowing your system, it's hard to judge. It took me less than 30 minutes to install the update if I remember correctly.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 28 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 28 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Jens-f: I am curently installing updates. It has been doing it for 4 hours. Does it really take that long? How much longer?

Whats the current state? Please attach a screenshot of the control-center

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 28 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Jens-f:

The installation of the update is complete. I rebooted the computer. It is on Vista. Note that I did not download all updates (the ones with menu templates, for example, were NOT downloaded). I tried to add MP4 files again, and (without the message about the patent) got the same error message. I am in the process now of downloading and installing the menu templates. Any other suggestions? IT SHOUKLD NOT BE THIS TIME CONSUMING to simply burn MP4 files to a DVD.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 28 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 28 2010, 10:00 PM) *
Jens-f:

The installation of the update is complete. I rebooted the computer. It is on Vista. Note that I did not download all updates (the ones with menu templates, for example, were NOT downloaded). I tried to add MP4 files again, and (without the message about the patent) got the same error message. I am in the process now of downloading and installing the menu templates. Any other suggestions? IT SHOUKLD NOT BE THIS TIME CONSUMING to simply burn MP4 files to a DVD.

Hi!

OK, then there must be a problem inside nero vision.

Does this only happen with one special mp4 file, or with all mp4 files?
Is the file short enough (and not copyrighted) so you can add it here in the forum or can it be downloaded from internet? if yes, I could test this on my pc.
If it is to greate for the forum, but not copyrighted, you can also upload it to e.g. rapidshare, and post the url here.

If not, you should contact technical support - technical support can sent you instructions how to generate a crash-dump, that is needed for analyse where exactly the problem is.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 29 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #11

I can't tell you now if it happens with all files. Up to now it has happened when I am importing multiple files. All files are non-copyright (they are from my camcorder). I tried to upload a 10 MB MP4 file as an attachment to this post, but got a message that I was not allowed to upload that type of file. I will try rapidshare.

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 29 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #12

Jens-f:

Here is a URL for rapidshare for a 10 MB MP4 file that is not copyright.

http://rapidshare.com/files/415758810/SDV_0024.MP4

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 29 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I love how RapidShare purposely slows down a download to try to get you to buy the fast download. It should have taken about 30 seconds for me to download that file and it took 3 minutes.

I was able to upload it into Vision without problem. In preview, there is no video, just the audio. I don't know if that's how you cut it or not.

There was a problem with some mp4's in V9 and, I think in V10. The way around it is to use Recode and recode the files to Nero Digital. See if you can load it into Recode\recode dvds and videos to .....

I don't know why it's crashing. I'm using 64 bit Vista.

I noted some things that will slow down your computer. Did you look at them? They will also impact Nero and other program operations.

Try running the Windows disk cleanup tool and reboot.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 29 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 29 2010, 03:48 AM) *
Jens-f:

Hi Destin,

thanx for the file - i just tested it.
The strange think: On my system, it works...
So, this must be something system dependet.

What OS do you have?
What happens when you try to playback this file in nero mediahub?
Any special software installed?

Greetings, Jens

This post has been edited by jens-f: Aug 29 2010, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Destin
post Aug 29 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Jens-f:

I have Windows Vista home premium. The computer is a Dell, with 8 MB RAM, with a hard drive with 600 GB (388 GB is free at this time). The chip is an Althon X2 (64). I am a newbie to Nero, but in the past have used Nero 6 to burn CDs and to burn DVDs (but not MP$ files).

I have now downloaded all the available Nero updates. Now I can import the MP4 file, but when it burns, only the audio is present. When I open the file (on my computer) with RealPlayer, I can see video and hear audio. I tried opening the file with MediaHub, but something happened and the computer reported that Media Hub was not responding.

In terms of special software, what do you want, a complete list of what is on my computer. I don't know what "special" software is.

yuo have been very patient in trying to help me. However, I think with the time I have spent on this, my pateience has run out. I plan to return the software, and try to find a simple program that does only one thing - burn MP4 files to a DVD.

Regards, Destin

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Aug 30 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

Destin

I know this seems mundane as a suggestion. I have skimmed thro' this thread and all I see is import here or there.

With the files on HD, I would try one of the Burn Routines, either StartSmart, Nero Burning ROM of Nero Express. These facilities as far as I am concerned just treats the files as DATA.

Once you are happy that the files/DATA has been written to a DVD then it is time to expand,

You can then use the facilities of Nero Express, I believe, where you can utilise the options of generating various forms of DVD/CD videos.

To me this is the simplest form of getting your files onto a DVD.

OK so you lose a bit of fidelity. But you have accomplished your requirements of burning the files to a disc.

When you are happy with process you can then try to IMPORT your files either from the HD or from the generated DISC.

What sort of media does camcorder use.

If the images are still on your camcorder, you can treat it as an external source to your PC and import or burn them straight from there.

But I am sure the experts would probably disagree with this simple approach, my attitude to this situation is that there can not be much wrong in doing this.

Whereas using the import it to here, VISION or MEDIAHUB, you are then at the will of the design facilities of the programs, 3rd party applications/features. ( I will not go into this comment )

This post has been edited by ploughman39A: Aug 30 2010, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 30 2010, 02:30 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Did you try my recommendation to use Recode?

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Sep 1 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Destin @ Aug 29 2010, 03:48 AM) *
Jens-f:

Hi Destin,

I have made some more test with your file - indeed there is a problem on some systems. On some systems it plays, on some not.
But it doesn't crash... This is still strange.

But: I have talked to the guys from the video team: The problem of no video is already fixed. I have re-tested it with the latest beta-version, here the playback works on all systems.

So, there will be an update soon.

Many thanks for your help!
Greetings, Jens

This post has been edited by jens-f: Sep 1 2010, 09:52 AM

+Quote Post
lopex
post Sep 2 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 8,821,614

The biggest enhancements over earlier versions of Nero come in Nero Vision Xtra. Once a simple video-editing package that supported only basic editing tools and a single video track, the new version offers support for unlimited video and audio tracks. You also have much better control over transitions and other effects, thanks to the addition of keyframe support, which lets you specify precisely where a transition or effect begins and ends.

Vlc Player Download

+Quote Post

Closed Topic