5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Start new topic
> Installation Problem with Windows XP - Announcment
AKFUBAR
post Aug 31 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,816,351

Well I hope that someone from Nero will provide a progress update on fixing this issue. If I don't hear anything here from Nero by the end of this week, I will request a credit for my purchase from Nero and remove the Nero software from my computer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BeBiMa
post Aug 31 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,174,351

ZITAT(ploughman39A @ Aug 31 2010, 01:57 PM) *
For my recent exploit into the installation of NERO 10 see http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=6717.

As can bee seen, even letting Nero apparently Hi Jacking my PC, the the process did not work.

So inclusion I feel that Nero should, withdraw there product until the problem is resolved and make some recompense to those purchasers who have purchased the product since the problem arose, sometime about June/July.

I don't believe Nero can recompense the problems on computers where Nero and/or .NET-Updates were installed/unistalled a number of times. These computers may be not function anymore as they should. :(

+Quote Post
kloepelm
post Sep 1 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 8,821,496

At least two of the .NET updates are security-related. I don't want to needlessly expose my system--I don't know if the updates have actually been applied or not.

What happens if you uninstall Nero 10? Do the constant .NET updates go away?

Seeing that some people have been suffering through this mess for 2 months with no progress, what is Nero's "return policy"? I just bought it 2 days ago...

+Quote Post
AKFUBAR
post Sep 1 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #64

From my experience.... It appears to me that the Nero Application actually corrupts certain aspects (unknown) of the installed .net Framework on my system. Removing Nero does not correct the problem. You must use the .net cleaning tool from Microsoft then re-install all of the .net components you had installed originally before Nero.

+Quote Post
AKFUBAR
post Sep 5 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #65

I just checked the CNET website. This software is receiving very poor reviews from many people. I should have checked there first before buying. :(

I will not make this mistake again.

This post has been edited by AKFUBAR: Sep 5 2010, 01:31 PM

+Quote Post
isepiq
post Sep 7 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 7,301,433

1. Go to the Microsoft Web Site & get Installer 4.5 from them. Install it.

2. Start Nero Install. When it gets to the window where it says it 'MUST' update some Microsoft files (three of them including a reboot thing) immediately click on CANCEL. If you click on anything else & it runs, this is where it will hose your Net Framework Installs!!! CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!!

3. Go to Start, Run, & type in %temp%, then press Enter or OK.

4. Now look for the Nero folder with all of the Nero 10 files already extracted. It should have a name something like 'NERO20100326135034074'.

5. Open this folder & run 'Nero.MultimediaSuite.msi'. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT run Setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!: On ONE computer I helped with, Nero got to the 'Must' install these updates & had SEVERAL DirectX files listed. I simply went to the Microsoft Web Site, DirectX, & had it install the latest version of 9.0c. Believe it or not, on a constantly updated computer, there were NEW DirectX 9.0c files installed!!! Whew! This keeps you from using the Nero Setup & ruining your Net Framework. Note that that computer said that it already had DirectX 9.0c installed!!!

Personally, I always do a custom install. I never use Start Smart, just Nero Express for instance. I choose about 5 or 6 things to NOT install, but that is just me.

NOTE: IF you HAVE hosed your Net Framework already, which I did on my experiment computer with Nero 10, it CAN be fixed. First I went to Add/Remove Programs & did an UNinstall on each & every Net starting with 4 & working my way back down to one (Without Rebooting). I then ran the Net Framework Cleanup Tool widely available on the Net & it is free. Just Google it. Even Microsoft has a link to it on one of their pages.

Other than all the extra stuff I don't need & don't install, Nero 10 is working just fine. Oh, by the way, with this install it appears a link to Nero Control Center is not made, however, it IS installed. Just go to Program Files, Nero, Nero 10, Nero Control Center. Open this last folder & run Control Center. You can also just make your own short cut to it on your Desktop or wherever you wish.

Hope this has been of some help!

IMHO

isepiq

This post has been edited by isepiq: Sep 8 2010, 10:17 AM

+Quote Post
AKFUBAR
post Sep 7 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (isepiq @ Sep 7 2010, 04:57 AM) *
1. Go to the Microsoft Web Site & get Installer 4.5 from them. Install it.

2. Start Nero Install. When it gets to the window where it says it 'MUST' update some Microsoft files (three of them including a reboot thing) immediately click on CANCEL. If you click on anything else & it runs, this is where it will hose your Net Framework Installs!!! CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!!

3. Go to Start, Run, & type in %temp%, then press Enter or OK.

4. Now look for the Nero folder with all of the Nero 10 files already extracted. It should have a name something like 'NERO20100326135034074'.

5. Open this folder & run 'Nero.MultimediaSuite.msi'. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT run Setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I always do a custom install. I never use Start Smart, just Nero Express for instance. I choose about 5 or 6 things to NOT install, but that is just me.

NOTE: IF you HAVE hosed your Net Framework already, which I did on my experiment computer with Nero 10, it CAN be fixed. First I went to Add/Remove Programs & did an UNinstall on each & every Net starting with 4 & working my way back down to one (Without Rebooting). I then ran the Net Framework Cleanup Tool widely available on the Net & it is free. Just Google it. Even Microsoft has a link to it on one of their pages.

Other than all the extra stuff I don't need & don't install, Nero 10 is working just fine. Oh, by the way, with this install it appears a link to Nero Control Center is not made, however, it IS installed. Just go to Program Files, Nero, Nero 10, Nero Control Center. Open this last folder & run Control Center. You can also just make your own short cut to it on your Desktop or wherever you wish.

Hope this has been of some help!

IMHO

isepiq

This method is SUCCESSFUL and has solved the .Net Framework issue I had!!! Clean install! Thank you very much for sharing this solution isepiq . Very much appreciated!
Cheers!

This post has been edited by AKFUBAR: Sep 7 2010, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
magnumquick
post Sep 10 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 8,805,406

QUOTE (AKFUBAR @ Sep 7 2010, 05:21 PM) *
This method is SUCCESSFUL and has solved the .Net Framework issue I had!!! Clean install! Thank you very much for sharing this solution isepiq . Very much appreciated!
Cheers!

I hope this works for those that want to try it, personally I find it unacceptable that purchasers/users must find a way to make a companies software work. I hope the person or persons responsible for the poor programming and lack of support/solutions for Nero 10, takes out the official management hari kari knife, does the honorable thing and uses it.

+Quote Post
BeBiMa
post Sep 10 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

ZITAT(magnumquick @ Sep 10 2010, 07:22 PM) *
I hope this works for those that want to try it, personally I find it unacceptable that purchasers/users must find a way to make a companies software work. I hope the person or persons responsible for the poor programming and lack of support/solutions for Nero 10, takes out the official management hari kari knife, does the honorable thing and uses it.

Why should they do it? The bad boys are sitting in Redmond. ;)
Nero Multimedia Suite 10 ( released in March 2010 ) is
ZITAT(www.nero.com)

World’s Best Selling Digital Media Suite

Based on market analysis of 2009 software retail sales, including US data (reported by NPD-Group in the CD/DVD Utilities category), and European data (according to GfK Group: the best selling CD/DVD Writing Software in Retail Channels in Germany, France & UK)
If we buy it, they are satisfied. If only some users could be more quiet.

SCNR.

This post has been edited by BeBiMa: Sep 11 2010, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Sep 11 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

BeBiMa

I am slightly confused over you last input.

'Based on market analysis of 2009', Nero 10 was not released until 2010. This must be a mis-quote or was someone pre-empting the release of Nero 10

Also 'WHO ARE THE BAD BOYS', Microsoft, in Redmond, who endeavour to ensure that their 'Operating System', functions to it FULL capability!!!, or 'Whoever' utilises the facilities within the OS.

I believe there must be some library links, within the OS to allow 3rd parties to access the OS facilities.

If the 3rd party decide not to use these links and thus overlay the installed routine with there own then it must be their responsibility.

When installing a program and checks to ensure that the OS has the required ROUTINES, does the 3rd party then download the routine from within there installation program or do the access the routines on-line, to be installed.

But then I am not a program, just a mystified USER who has to rely on the POWERS to be to know what they are doing.

+Quote Post
BeBiMa
post Sep 11 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

ZITAT(ploughman39A @ Sep 11 2010, 08:16 AM) *
BeBiMa

I am slightly confused over you last input.

'Based on market analysis of 2009', Nero 10 was not released until 2010. This must be a mis-quote or was someone pre-empting the release of Nero 10

Also 'WHO ARE THE BAD BOYS', Microsoft, in Redmond, who endeavour to ensure that their 'Operating System', functions to it FULL capability!!!, or 'Whoever' utilises the facilities within the OS.

I believe there must be some library links, within the OS to allow 3rd parties to access the OS facilities.

If the 3rd party decide not to use these links and thus overlay the installed routine with there own then it must be their responsibility.

When installing a program and checks to ensure that the OS has the required ROUTINES, does the 3rd party then download the routine from within there installation program or do the access the routines on-line, to be installed.

But then I am not a program, just a mystified USER who has to rely on the POWERS to be to know what they are doing.

Sorry about the confusion. But most ( or all ?) forums lack of a irony/sarcasm tag. ;)

The quote is taken from the nero site. I've edited my post to clarify a bit. ;)

This post has been edited by BeBiMa: Sep 11 2010, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
ploughman39A
post Sep 11 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,801,630

QUOTE (BeBiMa @ Sep 11 2010, 08:27 AM) *
Sorry about the confusion. But most ( or all ?) forums lack of a irony/sarcasm tag. ;)

The quote is taken from the nero site. I've edited my post to clarify a bit. ;)

OK point taken!!! (Dodgy thing to do). I take it there are 'SMILEYS' here somewhere?

This post has been edited by ploughman39A: Sep 11 2010, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post
magnumquick
post Sep 21 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 8,805,406

QUOTE (BeBiMa @ Sep 10 2010, 11:04 PM) *
Why should they do it? The bad boys are sitting in Redmond. ;)
Nero Multimedia Suite 10 ( released in March 2010 ) is If we buy it, they are satisfied. If only some users could be more quiet.

SCNR.

Thats a kraut for ya.

+Quote Post
isepiq
post Sep 25 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #74

Member No.: 7,301,433

UPDATE: Another Install Fix for Nero 10 on some XP Computers.

You will have to do this if you install from the Temp MSI file & get an error message evey time you click on a Nero 10 proggy that it is not installed properly or that you need to REINSTALL in order to get it to run. If you do a repair install using the MSI file in the Temp folder, you will get the same error message again. That is when you have to UNinstall Nero 10 & then do the below install process. You can EASILY UNinstall Nero 10 by running the MSI program from the TEMP folder again. It will then give you the option to UNinstall itself, & it does a good job of this at least:-)

1. Had to use Net Framework Cleanup Tool. Removed ALL Net Framework, REBOOTED AGAIN, ugh.
2. Started Nero 10 regular install. Nero gave error: Could not download/get Net Framework 3.5 sp1. Rebooted computer AGAIN.
3. Windows Update: Installed Net Framework 3.5 sp1 ONLY. Rebooted computer AGAIN.
4. Started regular Nero 10 Install 'AGAIN'.
5. Install worked.
6. Nero 10 was working.
7. Net Framework was 'borked' AGAIN.
8. Used Net Framework Cleanup Tool to remove all Net Framework 'AGAIN'. REBOOTED AGAIN.
9. Windows Update: Installed Net Framwork & rebooted, over & over again until all Net Framework was RE-INSTALLED properly AGAIN.
10. Everything working FINALLY!!!

Error Message: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

This post has been edited by isepiq: Sep 25 2010, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post
timvine
post Oct 6 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #75

Member No.: 8,832,225

Attached Image

I've been reading all the streams related to the XP install issues related to Nero 10, and I am now completely disenchanted by it all. I have tried all the fixes suggested, including completely deleting my user profile on my Win XP workstation. (where I want Nero). I have uninstalled Nero 9, tried the Miscrosoft Fix, removed all the .Net updates, and still nothing. I'm running the download Nero-10.0.13100.exe

When I run the installer from the %temp% directory, it starts the install, and then I get the attached message. I have been able to install it on a Win 7 machine, but this is not where I want it. Can someone please help?

Tim.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 6 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (timvine @ Oct 6 2010, 06:55 AM) *
When I run the installer from the %temp% directory, it starts the install, and then I get the attached message. I have been able to install it on a Win 7 machine, but this is not where I want it. Can someone please help?

Best would be: Wait a few days... In mid October (expected date: 15th) the next installer will be released - here this problem is fixed.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
JoeCanuck
post Oct 11 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 8,833,558

Hi, I am new to the forum, I am not very computer literate and would appreciate any advice on installation problems I had with Nero Multimedia Suite 10 and as a consequence having my .net framework updates completely messed up. My Windows XP home edition is up to date in every other way through Windows update.

I tried to install Nero Multimedia Suite 10 from a store-bought DVD disc and the installer would shut down after a few minutes without installing the program. After getting in touch with Nero I did get some instructions and help by e-mail, I eventually managed to install Nero Multimedia Suite 10 by doing the % temp% solution and installing from the.MSI execute file. The Nero program seems to work fine, but now, I would like to know, if I have to uninstall Nero itself and all of the .net framework installs and updates or do I only have to uninstall and reinstall the .net framework updates only. These .net framework updates date back two years and there are so many of them, it almost seems like it would be easier to start from scratch reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

I just bought the software the other day and I did a lot of research before buying Nero, however, I didn't see any warning whatsoever on their website about installation problems. It seems very unprofessional of Nero to let this happen. It will be a major amount of work just fixing up .net framework updates. It will make me think twice about buying any other Nero products.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 14 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Hi all,

the new installer for nero is now out. The new installer contains a fixed .net Installer from microsoft, that does not longer conflict with the .net update.

So, there now should be no longer any installation problems on windows xp.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post
The-Hat
post Oct 14 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 7,174,122

Jens,

How do I get the new Installer? It's not available as a download on the Nero website and since I have been unable to install Nero 10, I can't use the Nero Controlcenter to access it.

This post has been edited by The-Hat: Oct 14 2010, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Oct 14 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE (The-Hat @ Oct 14 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Jens,

How do I get the new Installer?