Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero VIsion has stopped working
cknouf
post Jul 4 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661,786

I continue to have problems loading and running Nero Vision from my Nero 9 bundle. Regardless of whether I attempt to load Nero Vision from the Windows 7 Start Menu or from Nero Smartstart I always get a pop-up box stating, "Nero Vision has stopped working". This completely prohibits me from editing and creating video DVDs of home VCR videos. I uninstalled on my first Windows 7 Home Premium desktop PC that had this problem and reinstalled on my second Windows 7 Home Premium desktop PC, applying the most current upgrades and I still received the same error message. Googling this issue, it appears that numerous other folks are having the same problem with possibly either Vista or Windows 7. Please help me out.

Thanks - Craig

This post has been edited by cknouf: Jul 4 2010, 12:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oraw5
post Jul 4 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 7,754,080

I have the same problem with Nero Vision 10. So far no help from Nero.
I get these errors:
Nero Vision had these errors!

NMDllHost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

NeroVision.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any help Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Just found a post where this issue was discussed April 28 until yesterday 7-3-10 and still no answers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find discussion here http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=6085&st=40

This post has been edited by oraw5: Jul 4 2010, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 4 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

cknouf- which update to V9 are you using or are you using Essentials? What anti-virus or security programs are you using?

oraw5- In the referenced thread, everyone was requested to submit their problem on this to TS. As far as I know, there is no resolution to this yet.

This post has been edited by wither: Jul 4 2010, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Jul 10 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #4

I am using Nero-9.4.39.0_update for V9. Virus software is latest free version of AVG. Sounds like this problem has been an ongoing one for Nero clear back to V7, based on Googling the issue. I even uninstalled from one PC running Window 7 Home Premium to my other desktop PC with same version of OS and same problem occurs. Very frustrating since I'm on a deadline for creation of children shows' DVDs for our trip to Maine with the grand kids.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 10 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

As a workaround until the Vision problem is fixed, you could download the trial version and try creating your video. However, the trial doesn't support MPEG-4, AVCHD or BD-RA so you can't use those formats which includes Nero Digital. You would have to work in something like MPEG-2. You don't have to uninstall V9 to install V10. Since the trial has a 15 day limit, you would have to work quickly.

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Jul 13 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 10 2010, 03:47 PM) *
As a workaround until the Vision problem is fixed, you could download the trial version and try creating your video. However, the trial doesn't support MPEG-4, AVCHD or BD-RA so you can't use those formats which includes Nero Digital. You would have to work in something like MPEG-2. You don't have to uninstall V9 to install V10. Since the trial has a 15 day limit, you would have to work quickly.

What is there to say that V10 won't have the same problem with Nero Vision not loading? In the mean time I found DVD Flick, which is an excellent Freeware (Sourceforge.net) DVD creator that works with a variety of file formats. I still used Nero Burning Rom to burn my DVDs and then Lightscribe DVD labels. DVD Flick - A workable solution for simple Menus for the DVD.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 13 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I can't say that V10 won't have the same problem with Vision loading. Just something to try. Sounds like you have a good workaround until V9 gets updated.

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Jul 23 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 13 2010, 08:39 PM) *
I can't say that V10 won't have the same problem with Vision loading. Just something to try. Sounds like you have a good workaround until V9 gets updated.

I got the update notice for $44.99 to V10 but won't do that unles Nero can officially confirm that they have corrected this problem with Nero Vision not working with Windows 7. This problem has haunted me for over a year and is becoming quite frustrating. Best version I had was Nero V7, running on Windows XP.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 23 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Did you ever try the V10 trial to see if you get the same problem? Note that you should disable AVG completely before installing any version of Nero. Other people are finding that out just like for Bit torrent and Kaspersky. It seems to me that Cyberlink and a number of other video programs interfere with certain parts of Nero. That's discussed in other threads.

I trust that you reported this problem to Nero a year ago. I think that V9 has gone through 3 updates in that period although the last one wouldn't have affected your problem.

This post has been edited by wither: Jul 23 2010, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Jul 31 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Well, as you suggested, after installing the V10 trial version, Nero Vision worked as it should. To make sure to give it the best chance to install correctly, I did remove AVG prior to installation. I also installed V10 trial version on my other computer, again running Windows 7. but this time I did not remove AVG. In this case Nero Vision worked as it should so AVG was not the issue.

Yes, since 9 was released, there have been 3 upgrades. but none have resolved my problems with Nero Vision. At this time, I am not pleased that Nero couldn't resolve the Nero Vsion issue with Windows 7 and Vista, essentially forcing one to upgrade to Nero V10 for somewhere between $44.95 amd $55.95 American dollars. I'll chill on this, running the 15 day trial period with V10 and at that juncture make a decision of whether to upgrade or go to a competitor's product.

Thanks for your assistance. - Craig

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 31 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I'm running Vista 64 bit and haven't encountered an installation problem with V8 through V10 that wasn't readily resolved. I do have a V10 issue with Autoplay but they're aware of that.

I noticed you said that you uninstalled nero from one machine and transferred it to another and had the same problem. That copy of Nero will only run on the first computer without problems (other than the one you're having).

I would run msconfig.exe and look at your startups to see what's running at startup. There may be something there that's affecting Vision.

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Aug 13 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 31 2010, 07:27 PM) *
I'm running Vista 64 bit and haven't encountered an installation problem with V8 through V10 that wasn't readily resolved. I do have a V10 issue with Autoplay but they're aware of that.

I noticed you said that you uninstalled nero from one machine and transferred it to another and had the same problem. That copy of Nero will only run on the first computer without problems (other than the one you're having).

I would run msconfig.exe and look at your startups to see what's running at startup. There may be something there that's affecting Vision.

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the $44.95 downloadable version of the upgrade from V9. It did solve my Nero Vision loading problems and appears to be fully functional. More than anything else, I use Nero burning ROM most often but that is probably due to Nero Vision not loading on my Windows 7 PC clear back to V8. Nero burning software can be frustrating at times but when it works, it works very well. Been a long time user going back to V5, though only recently interacted in the Nero Forum. Thanks for all the folks help.

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 13 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Can you check your Autoplay options and see if NeroMediahub is listed in any of options? Just curious. I have a thread on it but it's buried.

Glad you got it working. By the way, there's a new update for V10 that's not included in the Trial. Just run Check for Updates from the Control Center.

+Quote Post
cknouf
post Aug 14 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (wither @ Aug 13 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Can you check your Autoplay options and see if NeroMediahub is listed in any of options? Just curious. I have a thread on it but it's buried.

Glad you got it working. By the way, there's a new update for V10 that's not included in the Trial. Just run Check for Updates from the Control Center.

Yes, for NeroMediahub on my Windows 7 with Nero V10 installed, the Autoplay options list NeroMediahub for DVD and DVD Plus media. Checked for any available updates and Nero says Nero Vision along withNeroMediahub, backitup, Control Center, CoverDesigner and Core components need to be updated. Doing that now. By the way, would it be safe to uninstall Nero V9 with the Nero General Cleantool software. I'm surprised the Nero 10 install just didin't validate my Nero V9 serial number and then uninstall? - Craig

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Aug 14 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

ZITAT(cknouf @ Aug 14 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Yes, for NeroMediahub on my Windows 7 with Nero V10 installed, the Autoplay options list NeroMediahub for DVD and DVD Plus media. Checked for any available updates and Nero says Nero Vision along withNeroMediahub, backitup, Control Center, CoverDesigner and Core components need to be updated. Doing that now. By the way, would it be safe to uninstall Nero V9 with the Nero General Cleantool software. I'm surprised the Nero 10 install just didin't validate my Nero V9 serial number and then uninstall? - Craig

Nero 9 and Nero 10 works without any problem together on the same system, so there is no real need to unistall V9 (besided getting space back)..
Therefore, nero 10 install does not check V9 serial...

+Quote Post

Closed Topic