Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Microsoft VC Redist 2005 KB973544 error 1714
oldienewbie
post Jun 27 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,800,874

I downloaded the free trial of version 10 and got the above error, I spent all afternoon trying to find out what to do. I eventually found newbie's post, jens-f's responses and wither's responses. I still haven't got a clue what I should do. Can anybody translate the action into English for me please? I am 64 and don't have many years left:-)

Or, is this software not designed for computer beginners? and do you recommend that I try somebody else's software that might be easier to install?

Desperate

Oldienewbie

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 28 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Well, I have two years less left than you do.

What is your operating system?

Which thread are you referring to? I remember it but couldn't find it.

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Jun 28 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Guests

oldienewbie & wither.

I have no input on this other than supplying this link which may be of use and the Thread involved a reply from the

Later. Try the following thread and/or link, they should be one and the same point.

[Solved] Nero 10 - Microsoft VC Redist 2005

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=6600&hl=

Nothing to to do with this Post just an observation

oldienewbie & wither.

Does that mean you will be joining the 'Grumpy Old Men Brigade' sometime in the future

I take you mean before your 3 score and 10. Well I can tell you one thing it does not get any better, I have passed it. Just more confusing. So dig in and perhaps we change the world.

This post has been edited by ploughman: Jun 29 2010, 05:51 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 28 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I don't know what the criteria for the Grump..... is but I try to stay away from the grump part.

The thread you mentioned is the one I was trying to find. I guess the way you do this is to put the V10 installation .exe file in your temporary folder and run from there.

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Jun 29 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (wither @ Jun 28 2010, 03:17 PM) *
I don't know what the criteria for the Grump..... is but I try to stay away from the grump part.

The thread you mentioned is the one I was trying to find. I guess the way you do this is to put the V10 installation .exe file in your temporary folder and run from there.

Well it is obverse that you are very busy at present, but you wait, time on your hands and you will look at the world in a different manner. Although I was cautious before the 3 score and 10, I am not sure now.

24 months ago I accepted comments about things, as time goes by I am not so sure, that anything will be done.

This post has been edited by ploughman: Jun 29 2010, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post
oldienewbie
post Jul 5 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,800,874

Hi All, Thank you for your comments, I've been lying down in a darkened room until I could face looking at this again! I've been looking at Microsoft web re KB973544. I've found the attached on my computer, and don't know whether I should download the KB973544 update given that the numbers of the updates already on my system are later than that one, or is that irrelevant.

I use Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, with Norton 360 security.

I thought that I might try using the temp folder, if I feel brave enough, where would I find the temp folder.

So much to learn, so little time.

oldienewbie (soon to be renamed evenoldierbutstillnewbie)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  nero.doc ( 37K ) Number of downloads: 734

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 5 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

This is the folder Jens-f is referring to- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temp

This post has been edited by wither: Jul 5 2010, 02:56 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic