Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> DVD Video Multichannel Plug In
NirvanaBlues
post Sep 22 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,301,872

I recently purchased a Sony DRX-84OU DVD drive.
Nero 7 Essentials came bundled with this product.

I used the Nero Vision Essentials 4 SE to create DVD Slideshows.

Now while attempting to create another presentation (this time with music), I see that the 30-day trial period for the MPEG 2 video encoding has expired, and I would need to purchase the DVD Video Multichannel Plug In.

When I clicked the ‘buy now’ button I received a 404 page not found message.

I then went to the Nero Products / Plug Ins page. There I selected the appropriate version and type, ( Nero 7 and Nero Essentials bundled with hardware).

So…before I hit the ‘add to cart’ button, for the sake of clarity, and personal sanity (the fine print states ‘please note that your purchase cannot be cancelled or refunded’ ) I am reaching out for peer support and have the following questions…

Am I purchasing the correct plug in to accomplish the fully functioning DVD Slideshows with Music?

Will this purchased plug in be subject to any further time restrictions, or function limitations?

After Nero receives and processes my payment, I will then be e-mailed a license key for this plug in…yes?

If yes, then do I add that license key in the Nero Start Smart Product Set Up option …the flame icon located bottom right?

If yes, I add this information under the existing product serial number?

Any suggestions, comments or words of wisdom will all be gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Sep 22 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,143,291

Hi NirvanaBlues,

Yes, that is the correct plugin, and it will resolves your issues and you will not need to purchase again to support creating DVD-Video discs. There will not be any additional restrictions related to MPEG2 playback or Encoding.

You will recieve an Email with another Serial key that unlocks this feature. You will add this additional Serial Key via the Control Center. So you will then have two serial keys listed there. One for Nero 7, and one for the MPEG2 Plugin support.

Regards,
Craig

+Quote Post
NirvanaBlues
post Sep 23 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,301,872

Craig.
Many thanks for the kind reply.
I was, more or less, certain that I might be on the correct course, but having an extra nod was very reassuring.
A short test run with the new plug-in was successful on playback, so we are very happy.
´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨)*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) *

(¸.•PEACE´¨)

¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) *

(¸.•´*

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Sep 23 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,143,291

Always happy to reassure.

Regards,
Craig

+Quote Post
Ella87
post Nov 16 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,184,768

This post has been edited by Ella87: Nov 17 2008, 06:24 AM

+Quote Post
hatethisdung
post Nov 19 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,306,216

this must be the fastest action nero has ever produced on a problem - at least while i've been hating nero 9.

the idea of encouraging someone to give them some money must really gee them up 

+Quote Post
kyleknapp
post Apr 10 2009, 05:22 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,441,262

Okay, now I'm in the same boat, but it appears plug-ins for older versions are no longer available. Now if you go to Nero's plugin page you'll see a heading that says "For Older Nero Suite Versions:" under which there is only one option - "Upgrade to Nero 9"

Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

I already upgraded to Nero 9, and after a few days uninstalled it as it was so buggy and such a resource hog. (So far Nero has not responded to my refund requests, despite the "no questions asked" 30-day guarantee posted all over their site.)

So, does anyone know where I can get the DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in for Nero Vision 4 (included with Nero 7 Essentials)?

+Quote Post

Closed Topic