IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 10 Cover Design 10 Creating Folders for Each Save?
Deptacon
post Jun 6 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,788,740

Hi,

I create quiet a few labels with NCD and used 9 for the last year. In Cover Design 9, when I would save a label after I made it (A disc label, inkjet hub printable) It would save it has the NCD file, and put the image or anything else inside the NCD file...basically a 1 file save.

In Nero 10 cover design 10, when I save a label, it creates a separate folder with the saves file name followed by "files" which has the original picture that was imported for the label, and a really crappy bmp image of the label. How do I get rid of this...I want single file saves, not all this extra crap?...I poked around all the settings and options I could find...found nothing.....

Thanks in advance guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 7 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Does it save a .ncd file?

+Quote Post
Deptacon
post Jun 9 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Yes it saves an .ncd file....but then also creates a folder with 2 .bmp files...... Nero CD 9 did not do that. If I delete the folder, the .ncd file will no longer open.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 10 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I don't have the answer.

Since none of the Nero employees have responded to this, I would contact tech support either via the chat line or by e-mail.

+Quote Post
GusGooseMH
post Jun 10 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,748,196

Hi!

With Nero 10 there have been some changes in the way the ncd files are being saved - the picture files have been taken out of the actuall ncd files, as with large files, you could run into issues trying to open the files again. So the bahaviour is by design.

+Quote Post
Deptacon
post Jun 11 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #6

Well....How do I change it back...its awful....Its a bad design ...I don't want hundreds of extra folders....just the .ncd file.....

Why separate it....what is the point?

Whoever came up with that "good idea"....tell them to stop brining the good idea fairy to work.

At the VERY LEAST.....create an option in the properites menu or something....to turn this function on and off.....

This post has been edited by Deptacon: Jun 11 2010, 01:22 AM

+Quote Post
GusGooseMH
post Jun 11 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I'll pass it on to development, but I cannot make any promises -there are a number of issues to be considered, and in the past, one of the bigger annoyances was, that using a lot and large pictures made it impossible to open ncd files in the first place.

+Quote Post
Deptacon
post Jun 11 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (GusGooseMH @ Jun 11 2010, 09:01 AM) *
I'll pass it on to development, but I cannot make any promises -there are a number of issues to be considered, and in the past, one of the bigger annoyances was, that using a lot and large pictures made it impossible to open ncd files in the first place.

Understand. Thanks.

I have used 5 and 6 MB picture files combined with other art in my labels and in .ncd files for HI-RES and had no issues opening them.....I think if someone does...they should upgrade that Pentium 3 they are running :). Maybe before Nero 9 but In Nero 9 I never had issues...and I always keep the image ant full quality, never selected that downgrade option.....

Seriously though....I make hundreds of labels...I already have massive folder for them, with sub folders for type, etc...... I dont need a folder for each one...ESPECIALLY when I am not ACTUALLY opening the .ncd file from that folder...... I just goes against all cataloging standards.....

+Quote Post
Deptacon
post Sep 1 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #9

Hey what is the word on this? You guys going to fix on this on an update or what?

It is VERY annoying.....

I have a folder now with all of theser folders, with "files" Its a big waste of space.

+Quote Post
GusGooseMH
post Sep 2 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Hi Deptacon,

The method of saving ncd files along with a folder containing the pictures will stay as it is. So when moving the ncd files, make sure to keep the folder with the pictures, too. A change is not intended.

As a side note: What has been fixed is the issue regarding backward compatibility. There was a problem opening older ncd files with Nero 10 when clicking onto the ncd file in question - this is possible with the latest update of Nero 10.

+Quote Post
Deptacon
post Sep 22 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (GusGooseMH @ Sep 2 2010, 10:32 AM) *
Hi Deptacon,

The method of saving ncd files along with a folder containing the pictures will stay as it is. So when moving the ncd files, make sure to keep the folder with the pictures, too. A change is not intended.

As a side note: What has been fixed is the issue regarding backward compatibility. There was a problem opening older ncd files with Nero 10 when clicking onto the ncd file in question - this is possible with the latest update of Nero 10.

Awesome....I want a couple 100 folders in my disc labels folder.....just want I wanted. Wasting space 1 KB at a time.....creating a search and sort nightmare too. Sigh.

Ok, well thanks for at least quickly deciding and getting back to me on it. Much appreciated. Your product still rocks....

+Quote Post
Crunchyfrog
post Jan 6 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 8,879,684

This is incredibly annoying. A single file cover was much tidier. Back to Nero Cover Designer 9 I think.

This post has been edited by Crunchyfrog: Jan 6 2011, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic