Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> C++ Runtime Error
pschutz
post Jun 1 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,786,479

Nero 9 Essentials came with my HP DVD writer. Whenever I try to run the installer, it says C++Runtime Error and won't open the installer. I have also tried downloading the Nero 9 Lite version and it throws the same error. I am running Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4. I also have Nero 5 already installed. I want to keep Nero 5 because I have templates that I want to use with it. Do I have to uninstall Nero 5 before attempting to install Nero 9. Also, will my templates for Nero 5 work with Nero 9. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 2 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

Try installing this (it's not in English and shouldn't make any difference but there's another site at Microsoft which is in English for the same thing)- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...72-9112bab119c2.

Note that Windows 2000 is not listed as supported for V9 in the system requirements and you might not be able to install it period.

It's not uncommon to have problems installing a later version of Nero if an earlier version is installed. This is fixed in V10. If you install the above package and it doesn't work and can reinstall V5 later (i.e., you have the installation disc and your serial number), try this-

Run the General Clean tool to uninstall V5.
Run the Windows Disk Cleanup utility (if you don't have this in Start\programs\accessories- empty temporary files and empty the recycle bin)
Reboot
Turn off anti-virus
Install V9 Essentials.

I doubt that the templates from V5 will work in V9. We've had a discussion about that concerning V9 vs V10. Menu templates in V9 don't work in V10 however custom templates are supposed to work but don't. The only thing you can do is try it or contact tech support at the chat line or by e-mail.

This post has been edited by wither: Jun 2 2010, 12:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed Topic