IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 10 will not prompt me for Patent Activation???
timva2010
post May 27 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,783,173

I am trying to get Nero 10 to prompt me again for Patent Activation to no avail. I purchased a new Nero10/serial key for this computer today, and after installation and entering the serial key successfully it will not prompt me for activation, which is driving me nuts.

I orignally used same Nero10 on new computer and found it wouldnt work on 2 computers, so purchased a new copy online and downloaded it. I made wrong selection on Patent Activation, with first Nero10 install so atm: No matter how many re-installs or serial keys I purchase and enter Nero is goin to deny me from using NeroVision and will not re-prompt me for Patent Activation(which would be a simple fix, but not happening apparently).

Plz someone from tech support help me out here. I just purchased a 2nd copy/serial key to fix the problem and re-installed to no avail.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 27 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Why are you purchasing serial numbers? If you're having problems, just address them here or via tech support. If you use up your allotment of activations, customer service or tech support can reset your serial number for free. You can call customer service or, for tech support, use online chat or e-mail. Never pay for support.

Only certain parts of Nero prompt for activation. One is Burning Rom and the other is certain parts of Vision. If you haven't tried to do something in the parts that need activation, it will not come up. Most people gripe about having to do the activation.

Other than activation, what specific problem are you having with V10?

This post has been edited by wither: May 27 2010, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
timva2010
post May 27 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #3

As in my previous post....I cannot get the Patent Activation to appear, and I am doin the exact thing that brought up the Activation on the first install/serial key, but the prompt/dialog box wont appear.

What I am tryin to do is create a dvd using a .avi file, which works fine on my other computer, but I want Nero to work on this computer as well so I am asking for help to get the Patent Activation to apear....though all my efforts it refuses to do so.

Why am I purchasing Serial #'s? I only purchased an additional one so I could use Nero10 on my new computer.

I tried chatting to a tech repesentative, but they were not any help...I explained the problem to them and they want a screenshot?! A screen shot of me failing to import a file isnt goin to solve the problem of getting a Patent Activation dialog box to appear. :( On a side note the Chat is down now during normal operating hours for some reason.

This post has been edited by timva2010: May 27 2010, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post
kweisshar
post May 27 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,756,191

I also have the full version of Nero 10. Nero Burning ROM did not prompt for activation, Nero Recode prompted once for activation for Nero Digital and Nero Vision also prompted twice in a row for activation just before the burn starts. I had three activation prompts so far on the same Nero 10 installation. Do I need to actually encode certain file formats for Nero Burning ROM to prompt for activation?

This post has been edited by kweisshar: May 27 2010, 09:53 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 27 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Maybe I was in error when I said Burning Rom. There are only 3 patent activations and you accounted for three but I'm not sure about two from Vision from a burn. However, if you buy Burning Rom as a separate program, I would think you would need an activation for mpeg-4. I'm planning to go to the chat line tomorrow and I'll ask.

Timva- I understand now. I thought you were buying more serial numbers than you actually needed. I guess you're saying you can't actually use Make DVD in Vision?

This post has been edited by wither: May 27 2010, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
timva2010
post May 27 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #6

I managed to find a way around the problem, by converting the .avi's to a different format and then adding them to my project. Nero used to allow me to add .avi's, but won't anymore till I get this activation to showup...just sucks that its not prompting me. Not sure if techs can reset the problem or not.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 28 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

You didn't actually answer my question. Are you trying to use Vision, Make DVD?

If you go to the Control Center, is your purchased serial number listed in License?

+Quote Post
timva2010
post May 28 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #8

Yeah under Nero Vision--->Make DVD--->DVD Video and when I go to import .avi it wont import any .avi's. Yeah the new license is only one under Control Center listed as OK.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 28 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

chat is open right now. Perhaps you can catch them. I don't know what your time zone is. I guess resetting your serial number (or getting a new one) is the only way to make it work.

The three apps that require patent activation are Vision, Recode and Nero Mediahub.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post May 29 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

For some patents (e.g. mpeg-2), the patents can be used for a certain time without activation.
The activation dialog will come, after this time is over.

Greetings, Jens

+Quote Post

Closed Topic