6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
> Nero multimedia 10 MediaHub
baggs
post May 8 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,029,544

Can anyone help with this one problem I am having with Multimedia 10 MediaHub. Just came off a installing Multimedia 10 with no problems opened up all the programs with success but when it came to MediaHub, I end up with the error message that "Nero MediaHub has stopped working", and it asks me to check online for a solution and to close the program. When I look at the "problem details report" the first few items are:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem event name CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01 mediahub.exe

I am running Windows 7, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this error and what the fix might be

This post has been edited by baggs: May 8 2010, 10:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 12 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Somebody else had the exact same problem but I couldn't find it. Try right clicking on the .exe file or the shortcut and select run as administrator.

+Quote Post
gnome1919
post May 12 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,773,793

I have the exact same problem1 :(
Help please!

+Quote Post
wither
post May 13 2010, 03:37 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Did you try running as the administrator as I suggested? Are you using Win 7?

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post May 13 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #5

Guests

The context of this reply has somehow been duplicated thus been removed. See the following input for the correct input

This post has been edited by ploughman: May 13 2010, 07:45 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post May 13 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Guests

wither.

I know you will probably consider that you are teaching me to suck eggs.

As you have already quoted elsewhere that the DESKTOP shortcut does not indicate the 'START IN' location, I take it you are suggesting to go down the installation directory tree to source 'Nero MediaHub' folder, Finding the .exe file and starting the program from here.

Please could you direct me to the 'administrator' reference.

By the way while I have tried to find my way to 'administrator', I believe I may have also found a problem which I will now try and replicate

This post has been edited by ploughman: May 13 2010, 07:43 AM

+Quote Post
baggs
post May 13 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Yes, I tried running it as administrator, I tried opening it from the desktop icon, the start button "all programs'" under nero tab, then selected mediahub, also I tried from the actual folder "program files" nero then selected mediahub and all with the same response that it "has stopped working". A few days ago I put in message to nero tech dept and sent them all the info they wanted on this error and I am still waiting to hear from them

+Quote Post
wither
post May 14 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Ploughman- yes i was referring to going to the Nero Media Hub folder and finding the .exe file. In Vista or Win 7, if you right click on the file, you can select "run as administrator". I have a feeling that option doesn't exist in XP based on other threads. In Xp, I would suggest that a person search the help files for administrator.

Baggs- please let us know what TS says. This kind of message has shown up in Vision Xtra including Vision and NMHub in V10. In fact, I just reinstalled V10 for the third time to try on my own to resolve a different problem that ts in working on and the first time I opened Vision, I got that error. After I closed it and then reopened, everything was working fine. I'm using Vista.

+Quote Post
larryinlima
post Jun 3 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,745,645

QUOTE (baggs @ May 8 2010, 09:00 PM) *
Can anyone help with this one problem I am having with Multimedia 10 MediaHub. Just came off a installing Multimedia 10 with no problems opened up all the programs with success but when it came to MediaHub, I end up with the error message that "Nero MediaHub has stopped working", and it asks me to check online for a solution and to close the program. When I look at the "problem details report" the first few items are:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem event name CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01 mediahub.exe

I am running Windows 7, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this error and what the fix might be

+Quote Post
larryinlima
post Jun 3 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,745,645

I have the same problem. Upgraded from previous version, everything seems to be fine except MediaHub. I'm getting the same message. Also running Windows 7.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Jun 3 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

When exactly do you get this message?
Directly when starting mediahub or after a special action?

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 5 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

The only thing I could find on this error is that it's related to .net 2.0 framework and it's merely indicating an unhandled exception by Nero. I would submit this to tech support via e-mail. I assume you will and that you will post the resolution.

+Quote Post
baggs
post Jun 5 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #13

Wither,

I just received the response from the tech's at Nero, they told me that this issue with Mediahub 10 should be resolved with their next update to Nero. They were not sure when the release would be available so basically we have to wait for them to create the update.

+Quote Post
Artem-ka-Rus
post Jun 6 2010, 05:04 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,639,144

Or maybe the problem is Net.FrameWork 4.5? He generally you have installed? I also use Win7, but except for a small instability in the program no problem.

+Quote Post
Raimondas
post Jul 23 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 7,525,840

Earlier i had the same problem with Media Hub(CLR20r3, program stops working), reported it to tech support and i was told to do full re-install of Nero 10 multimedia suite.

This solved the problem, i suspect Nero 10 was affected by some harmful software.

+Quote Post
thecontinental
post Aug 4 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 7,189,523

I made the problem go away by finding the .exe in Program Files, right-clicking it, then selecting Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, I selected "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). For good measure, I also checked "Run this program as an administrator."

The problem went away. BTW, I have Windows 7 Pro.

+Quote Post
baggs
post Aug 17 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #17

well the nero updates came out yesterday and I downloaded and installed them but after rebooting from the install I still get the same message that I got from the very beginning of this thread. So I have no ideas left on what I can do to get this resolved. Nero told me 3 months ago that they tested out their update and that the update from yesterday 8/16/10 should correct my problem but it has not. I tried the other advise of unistalling nero and reinstalling it 3 times all with the same results. So I guess there is really nothing left to do about this problem I am having.

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 18 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

I didn't go back through this whole thread to see what was said or done but I think you're using XP. As far as I know, the recent update doesn't fix installation problems. My recommendation (other than the one below) would be to go to the Installation issues subforum and try the fix pinned there by Jens-f. I realize you didn't say anything about getting errors during the installation but it would be worth a try.

If that doesn't work, apparently they haven't fixed the problem for your case. Send them an e-mail so that they're aware of it and can offer you further assistance.

Let us know what the resolution is.

+Quote Post
Skren
post Aug 21 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,912,900

Baggs:
don't feel alone,as i too am having the"same exact problem"
skren