Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 10 Installation issues on Windows 7
sripoll
post Apr 25 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,507,392

I just installed Nero 10 on my Windows 7 / 64 bits box having upgraded from Nero 9 which I de-installed.

Running the software causes to messages to pop-up :

1. Advrcntr4.dll doesn't exits. The fix posted several times in the forums do not apply since the paths and file names have changed compared to previous versions (No Advrcntr4.dll file appears in the program directory tree but a AdvrCntrProxy.dll instead)
  2. A strange message: "Unable to load licensing subsystem".
Any help will be much appreciated.

This post has been edited by sripoll: Apr 25 2010, 04:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 25 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You didn't have to uninstall V9. V10 uses a standard Windows installation procedure and both work nicely along side each other in my experience.

In Win 7, the adv........ folder is probably in Program Files (x86)\Common Files.

If you go into the Control Center, License, is your purchased serial number there?

+Quote Post
Myshkin
post Apr 25 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,326,754

Nero 10 does indeed install nicely, if you get through the unpacking without error. It will install on top of Nero 9, if you can get Nero 9 to install at all. But I suspect that Nero 9 might not install after you have installed Nero 10.

You may recalll that I was having insurmountable problems installing Nero 9. I just gave up. Nero 10 was a breath of clean air.

My Nero 9 installations always crashed with the following final log entry:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel. {E8A80433-302B-4FF1-815D-FCC8EAC482FF}
MSI © (A0:40) [11:42:47:327]: Product: Nero Installer -- Configuration failed."

Someone suggested that there might be an obscure and hidden Registry entry that was causing the installer to think it had already installed and not removed an earlier version.

So I went hunting in the Registry for the string that begins "{E8A80433-...}" Sure enough, there it was in the key for Installer with no indication what it referred to other than it was installed on 040110. I deleted the key and attempted to install only Nero Showtime from Nero 9 ( I do not like the Media Hub in Nero 10).

The installation of Showtime went immediately to 100%, then stalled, showed the usual "cannot continue" error message, and rolled itself back. The log does not say why it failed to install. I suspect Nero 10 doesn't want any part of Nero 9 hanging around which is why I think that 10 on 9 will work but 9 on 10 will not. I don't plan to put it to the actual test.

Anyway, I am now pretty sure that the installation problem with Nero 9 is solved.

If you expand the Nero 10 installation file to a DVD you can easily and quickly add or remove components of Nero 10 without having to do the whole blasted thing. Each module has its own folder and Data1.cab file and installer. You can install each module separately, repair each and remove each. Just be sure the CAB files are not corrupt.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 25 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Each app of Nero V10 is shown individually in Control Panel\Programs....... . You can uninstall an individual app using the Windows uninstaller.

If you try to do a custom installation of a V9 app while you have all of V9 installed, it will uninstall everything.

This post has been edited by wither: Apr 25 2010, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
Myshkin
post Apr 25 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,326,754

If you try to do a custom installation of a V9 app while you have all of V9 installed, it will uninstall everything.

Been there, done that. Many, many, many times.

+Quote Post
sripoll
post Apr 26 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #6

Thanks for your replies,

>>> If you go into the Control Center, License, is your purchased serial number there?

The answer is yes the serial number is displayed.

I finally could re-install Nero 10 after cleaning the registry. No more error messages now appear during the installation procedure.

However, I experience problems reading multimedia files with Nero Vision or Nero Media Hub : error message inside popup related to an interprocess communication issue. Tentative translation from french : "Failure while creating IPC port. Access denied". A call stack follows.

See uploaded file for detailed error message.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 26 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I would send your problem to TS. Include the Nerosupport cab you get by running the getsupportfiles utility.

I found this on interprocess communications (IPC)- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365574(VS.85).aspx

It's very interesting reading but from what it says- I'm not sure if it's Windows or Nero causing the problem.

If you do go to TS, please let us know how the problem was resolved.

+Quote Post
sripoll
post Apr 26 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #8

Thanks for this advice that I'll follow.

A couple of questions as I am not familiar with Nero support :

• I assume that "TS" refers to Nero technical support, right?
  • What is the "getsuppotfiles" utility? Any reference on this tool would help.

Of course I'll keep you informed once the problem is solved.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 26 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Yes, TS is tech support.

To e-mail tech support, go to near the top of the forum and click on Support from a Nero Expert and then select Technical......

To get the getsupportfiles, go to near the top of the forum and click on Nero updates and..... Go down to Helpful Utilities, select it and then the region you live in and you'll find the utility.
Download and run it. It will create a file called NeroSupport.cab on your desktop. Attach that file to your download.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic