IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 7 and Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7?
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 2 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #1

Guests

I note that both of these versions were updated in January.

At present I can not find out if they are functional with Windows 7.

Please advise if these versions can be used with Windows 7

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 2 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi ploughman,

Yesterday I posted this for you: http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=5564 did you see it?

There is no change in these updates. Non of them are compatible with Windows 7. Only Nero 9 Reloaded.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 2 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 2 2010, 01:37 PM) *
Hi ploughman,

Yesterday I posted this for you: http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=5564 did you see it?

There is no change in these updates. Non of them are compatible with Windows 7. Only Nero 9 Reloaded.

Regards,

Infohelp

Please view my comment on the above link

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 2 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi ploughman,

I am sorry, but we cannot help you out if you try to install Nero 7 and 8 under a not supported system. You can try to get help from other users, but as Nero 7 and Nero 8 have not been tested under Windows 7 by Nero, we will not be able to offer you a solution, nor to help you out here. We do not recommend users to install Nero 7 or Nero 8 under Windows 7. Please understand that what you report will not be tested, this is why we cannot offer you an answer.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 3 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 2 2010, 02:35 PM) *
Hi ploughman,

I am sorry, but we cannot help you out if you try to install Nero 7 and 8 under a not supported system. You can try to get help from other users, but as Nero 7 and Nero 8 have not been tested under Windows 7 by Nero, we will not be able to offer you a solution, nor to help you out here. We do not recommend users to install Nero 7 or Nero 8 under Windows 7. Please understand that what you report will not be tested, this is why we cannot offer you an answer.

Regards,

Infohelp

It was not my intention or wish to install Nero 7 or 8 with Windows 7.

I was just following the instructions obtained from an associated web-site, 'Securdisc.net'.

I had a query about the 'Securdisc' program not apparently being installed in Nero 9.4.26 and was informed by a friendly user that this program/routine was working on his PC, refer to 'Side By Side' thread, I searched Nero 9 for reference to 'Securdisc' and found that 2 routines had a sub-folder referring to it.

In these folders there are two routines which took me to 'Securdisc' website and here it listed 4 procedures about the installation.

Following instructions 1 and 4 for the installation of 'Securdisc' with 9.4.26 I ran into trouble.

Instructions 2 and 4 listed the instruction for installing 'Securdisc' with Nero 7 or 8. These instructions quoted the version and dates applicable. The dates on these were prior to the release of Windows 7, thus searching Nero website for Nero 7 and 8 I found that there were updated in Jan 2010.

Thus I assumed that theses updates concerned Windows 7 which was also released about that time.

Not using my PC 24/7 I did not thoroughly check 'System Requirement' but relied on information available I removed Nero 9.4.26 and tried each program only to find that I experience similar problems to those of Nero 9.

Since this THREAD was posted it seems that the 'Securdisc' routine has a 'System Requirement' limitation,

Thus in my opinion, Nero Express and Nero Burning Rom routines, of Nero 9.4.26, may be considered to have a problem, along with the respective MANUALS and HELP FILES.

This post has been edited by ploughman: Mar 3 2010, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 3 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi ploughman,

The problem is that SecurDisc Viewer doens´t support Windows 7. You will find this information here: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html
This is not a Nero 9 limitation, but a SecurDisc limitation.
SecurDisc Viewer supports following operating systems:

• Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista (32 bit).
And regarding INCD, InCD Reader 5 supports the following operating systems:
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista (32 bit)
You will find all this info here: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 8 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 3 2010, 03:42 PM) *
Hi ploughman,

The problem is that SecurDisc Viewer doens´t support Windows 7. You will find this information here: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html
This is not a Nero 9 limitation, but a SecurDisc limitation.
SecurDisc Viewer supports following operating systems:

• Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista (32 bit).
And regarding INCD, InCD Reader 5 supports the following operating systems:
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista (32 bit)
You will find all this info here: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html
Regards,
Infohelp

Once again you have missed the point, that is following the info supplied in 9.4.26 program, Manual and Help file, and the 'Securdisc.net' website there is no information about the 'System Requirement'.

Please ignore your knowledge and approach the situation as a new user who wishes to access a 'Securdisc' drive and finds that the 'Securdisc' option is not available when viewing the instructions to use the program. I as a user would search the program to find reference to Securdisc and as quoted, above, find 2 folders refering to the facility. Thus following each of these links offered, admit tingly it is for 'Securdisc Viewer' which I had overlooked, because opening the web-page I believe it state 'Experience Securdisc'.

All your links above refer to Nero web-pages for INCD or INCD Viewer nothing about 'Securdisc'

Another point is that I believe INCD is offered in 2 options and usable with Windows 7.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 8 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hi ploughman,

ok, I will send you the steps to follow. Please note that this works only if you have Nero 9.4.26 installed on a Windows 7 system, not for Nero 7 and Nero 8 as they are not compatible with Windows 7.

- Open Nero Express

- Select Data -> "SecurDisc ™ Data CD or Data DVD. This option will only be available if you have a SecurDisc drive. So, if you don´t see this option but you have a SecurDisc drive please send a NeroSupport.cab file to TechSupport to be analyzed. If you don´t have a SecurDisc drive, then the option will not be present.

- Then you can add and create the disc

- To read this disc you need InCD. The latest version from this site: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html

- Only if you added pdf files to the compilation and you checked the option to add copy-protection to the pdf files, you will need Secur Disc Viewer to read these files. This will not be possible with Windows 7, as SecurDisc Viewer doesn´t support Windows 7.

Hope this info helps. If not, please tell me exactly button per button how you proceeded.

Regards,

Infohelp

I

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 12 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 8 2010, 07:55 PM) *
Hi ploughman,

ok, I will send you the steps to follow. Please note that this works only if you have Nero 9.4.26 installed on a Windows 7 system, not for Nero 7 and Nero 8 as they are not compatible with Windows 7.

[/size]

- Open Nero Express

- Select Data -> "SecurDisc ™ Data CD or Data DVD. This option will only be available if you have a SecurDisc drive. So, if you don´t see this option but you have a SecurDisc drive please send a NeroSupport.cab file to TechSupport to be analyzed. If you don´t have a SecurDisc drive, then the option will not be present.

- Then you can add and create the disc

[size="2"]- To read this disc you need InCD. The latest version from this site: http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html

- Only if you added pdf files to the compilation and you checked the option to add copy-protection to the pdf files, you will need Secur Disc Viewer to read these files. This will not be possible with Windows 7, as SecurDisc Viewer doesn´t support Windows 7.

Hope this info helps. If not, please tell me exactly button per button how you proceeded.

Regards,

Infohelp

I

It seems to me that Nero can not be bothered in addressing an apparent problem.

At the time this post was raised my main PC was not available, I was using a NOTEBOOK which requires an external DVD drive, thus I only had a limited access to all the information available.

I was assured that Securdisc was available by a Forum user and to verify this I downloaded Nero 9.4.26 and tried to select 'Securdisc' program in each of the routine. At this point no reference of the program was found.

Doing a search of Nero folder, 2 sub folders are found which are labelled Securdisc, these folders each have a routine which takes the user to 'Securdisc.net' which is to for utilising 'Securdisc Viewer'. Thus the folders should actually be listed as 'Securdisc Viewer' not 'Securdisc Viewer'

This post has been edited by ploughman: Mar 12 2010, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 12 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Hi ploughman,

I think you are not understanding what we are trying to tell you. I do not see the problem here. There is no SecurDisc routine, or application. Only if you have a SecurDisc drive you will find the option "Data" -> "SecurDisc ™ Data CD or Data DVD" within Nero Express. I think it is very difficult to understand what you say and want to do. If you want to use SecurDisc, and you have a SecurDisc drive, you will find it there. Do you have a SecurDisc drive in your Notebook? Maybe you don´t have a SecurDisc drive. If so, please upload an Infotool.txt file. Please answer my questions and follow my steps, because I wrote you all the steps to follow to find SecurDisc and you seem to ignore them. You speak about rountines, folders, etc, when there is nothing to search for in the folders, and there is no routine.

Regards, Infohelp

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Mar 15 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Mar 12 2010, 03:45 PM) *
Hi ploughman,

I think you are not understanding what we are trying to tell you. I do not see the problem here. There is no SecurDisc routine, or application. Only if you have a SecurDisc drive you will find the option "Data" -> "SecurDisc ™ Data CD or Data DVD" within Nero Express. I think it is very difficult to understand what you say and want to do. If you want to use SecurDisc, and you have a SecurDisc drive, you will find it there. Do you have a SecurDisc drive in your Notebook? Maybe you don´t have a SecurDisc drive. If so, please upload an Infotool.txt file. Please answer my questions and follow my steps, because I wrote you all the steps to follow to find SecurDisc and you seem to ignore them. You speak about rountines, folders, etc, when there is nothing to search for in the folders, and there is no routine.

Regards, Infohelp

Thanks for reply, Infohelp.

As I quoted, the recent versions of NOTEBOOKS do not have a DVD drive fitted,

The question was prompted by a response from a FORUM USER about 'Securdisc' who stated that he had the routine running on his PC.

Not being aware at the time of the limitation the requirements of Nero Routines and Window 7, plus the fact that the HELP files, I viewed did not mention that a DVD Drive had to be fitted,

I downloaded each version the are current available of the Nero Suite and viewed the Nero Express and Nero Burning Rom for 'Securdisc'.

After trying Nero 7 and Nero 8 I used the latest version of 'CLEANTOOLS' to remove them.

Then I downloaded 9.4.26 and repeated the exercise for Nero Express and Nero Burning Rom only to find that they did not appear to be have any reference to 'Securdisc'.

Viewing the HELP gives the USER instruction about selecting 'SecurDisc', which did not appear when followed.

I then searched the program folder for reference to 'Securdisc'. Two folders were found both labelled 'Securdisc',

Opening these folders took me to 'Securdisc.net', by this time I was cheesed of with 'Securdisc' and just followed BLINDLY the various options listed and found that all routines gave a problem when being installed, thus the THREAD about problems within Nero 9.

After you and CS informing me that the routine listed in 'Securdisc.net' were not compatible with Windows 7. I was now back to a situation that 'Securdisc' did not function.

I do not believe that the requirement for a suitable DVD drive to be fitted, in the HELP file is mentioned, although it is mentioned as an optional requirement on the website.

As stated elsewhere no external drive was connected to the NOTEBOOK, there was no warning in the program that a DVD/CD drive to be connected.

I appreciate that an 'IMAGE DRIVE' is available, but this in not a DVD Drive which I believe is the main reason for the use of NERO Suite.

Please, also note my comments about a New User trying Nero 9 with and without a DVD Drive fitted.

I also believe that the 'Securdisc' Drives are of limited availability.

I would greatly appreciate that you do not treat all users to have limited knowledge of you products, even though, some do go of when lead down the garden path.

Referring back to Nero Express and Nero Burning Rom routines, the folders should be names 'Securdisc Viewer', not 'Securdisc'

This post has been edited by ploughman: Mar 15 2010, 02:57 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic