Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero PhotoShow Deluxe 5
zak57
post Feb 11 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,259,525

I purchased Nero PhotoShow Deluxe version 5 a couple of years ago along with all the add-ons and was very happy with the slideshow software!

Last year, Nero decided to sell this program a competitor, Roxio, for an undisclosed sum.

Now I can no longer run my software because it has to be ACTIVATED BY ROXIO!!!

Roxio wants me to pay $39/year to continue using the same software I purchased a couple of years ago from Nero!!!

Oh, but I get to upload my slideshows to the internet to share with family and friends! I was already able to do this through Nero without having to pay $39/year! What a way to treat a long-time customer of both PhotoShow and Nero 9!

I called Nero customer service and was told there is nothing they can do to help me since THEY SOLD THE PROGRAM TO ROXIO! I think they call that ACTING IN BAD FAITH with the consumer. I know there is probably fine fine print that allows them to sell the software but I'm sure I would prevail with a judge or jury in a court of law.

Does anyone like these NAZI tactics???

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Feb 17 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi zak57,
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with your Nero PhotoShow product. The PhotoShow product was sold by its original owner to another company over one year ago who has since changed the scope of the product support.
Please contact Customer Service using this e-mail address: customer-service-emea@nero.com
There is no possibility for Nero to activate your PhotoShow version, but our Customer Service can help you to burn your slideshows using a Nero product.
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Feb 20 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (zak57 @ Feb 11 2010, 05:31 PM) *
I purchased Nero PhotoShow Deluxe version 5 a couple of years ago along with all the add-ons and was very happy with the slideshow software!

Last year, Nero decided to sell this program a competitor, Roxio, for an undisclosed sum.

Now I can no longer run my software because it has to be ACTIVATED BY ROXIO!!!

Roxio wants me to pay $39/year to continue using the same software I purchased a couple of years ago from Nero!!!

Oh, but I get to upload my slideshows to the internet to share with family and friends! I was already able to do this through Nero without having to pay $39/year! What a way to treat a long-time customer of both PhotoShow and Nero 9!

I called Nero customer service and was told there is nothing they can do to help me since THEY SOLD THE PROGRAM TO ROXIO! I think they call that ACTING IN BAD FAITH with the consumer. I know there is probably fine fine print that allows them to sell the software but I'm sure I would prevail with a judge or jury in a court of law.

Does anyone like these NAZI tactics???

Politically Bad Taste

+Quote Post
Justin81
post Feb 24 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,590,996

Hello there...

@ploughman can you please stop to complain in every single post?

*so so so so so uncool*

This post has been edited by Justin81: Feb 24 2010, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Feb 25 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Justin81 @ Feb 24 2010, 03:35 PM) *
Hello there...

@ploughman can you please stop to complain in every single post?

*so so so so so uncool*

Please advise me what you you are complaining about. It seems to me that you are the one who is complaining just because I feel that the statement made does not justify the comment made is unjust.

It would be better if you added comments to more relevant threads.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Feb 25 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi all,

The idea is that we all try to help each other in this Forum. I think that we all have the best intentions here, so there is no sense in starting this kind of discussions. I will not interfere in this kind of cases, as you already realized, but understand that the answer for zak57 has been already provided, so I will close this thread. Hope you understand, and let´s try to enjoy this Community :)

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Feb 26 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

re-opened ploughman,
Regards,