Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Unable to load imaging subsystem
ua767driver
post Jan 25 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,688,508

I have Windows 7 64. I purchased nero 9 on line. I spent an entire day trying to install it. I finally installed it today. However the video capture/make a photo slideshow and others have the "unable to load imaging subsystem. make sure the program is installed." For the Light scribe label and nero cover designer I have "error opening c:\programfiles(x86)\Nero\Nero9\NeroCoverDesigner\def.dat

So most of Nero is totally unusable to me. I checked out the thread with the "setup-hotfix-64547", tried it, but it did nothing. Wrote tech support, no answer. Please help? Thanks.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 25 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Be patient with tech support. It may take a week to get a technical response. I presume you got the acknowledgement e-mail. Both of these problems are discussed in the forum somewhere and everytime they come up, I can't find a thread where the resolution was posted.

Since you're kind of dead in the water anyway, try the following procedure to uninstall/reinstall. If it took all day to install the program, then you don't have it installed properly (obviously). I installed it in 20 minutes on Vista.

Run the general clean tool for V9
Search your registry for Nero and Ahead and delete all entries
Do an advanced search on your hard drive (don't do just indexed files) for Nero and Ahead and delete all entries
run Windows disk cleanup tool (make sure empty temporary files and empty recycle bin are checked)
reboot
Turn off anti-virus
reinstall Nero Make sure you enter your purchased serial number during the installation.

+Quote Post
ua767driver
post Mar 6 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,688,508

I got the response from the nero tech. Took a week to tell me how to do the basic installation of the program. What a waste of time!! I did install and uninstall the nero 9 program over 20 times. Used the cleaning program every time.

I was able to find the following information regarding " unable to load imaging subsystem. Make sure the program is installed properly"

Member No.: 8,479,663

every time I attempt to open the video edit section of my nero 9 I get a message saying unable to open imaging folder and subsystems check to make sure program is installed correctly. Most of the program (nero 9) works fine just the video edit and the slide show features refuse to open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. I think something is wrong in my registry but not sure any help would be appreciated (unable to load imagimg subsystem)

Infohelp
Aug 5 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #2Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi steve76108,
There is a hotfix that you have to install to solve this problem. You will find it attached to this post.
To install it please proceed like this::
If you have Windows XP please install the hotfix with administrator rights.
If you have Windows Vista install the hotfix with elevate rights.
Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR.
Start the tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file.
Install the hotfix.
You should now be able to start Nero Vision.

I STILL CANNOT GET THIS TO WORK. I know this is a stupid question, but how or where do I open the zip file to? I cannot figure out how to get this to install, says I am not the administrator?? Please help???
Vicki

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 6 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

If you have a zip program installed (you can probably use jzip or any other zip program), double click on the .zip file and it should ask where you want to unzip it. You can specify any folder you wish. I usually just create a new folder somewhere first and then use that. Afterwards, you can delete it.

To get administrator rights for the .exe file, select it, right click and select Run as Administrator.

I assume you're using V9.4.26 which you have to download from Nero.com. If not, you don't have the latest version. I'm not sure why they want you to run the hotfix. This issue was supposed to be fixed in V9.4.26 and was supposed to apply to earlier versions of V9.

Another issue is that you said you've tried to install the program 20 times. There's a limit as to how many times you can try to install nero. I think you've exceeded it and may have to go to customer support or online chat to reconcile that.

Does this help?

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Mar 10 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Please take a look here: http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=3266
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 10 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

He said he ran the hotfix in his original post and in his March 6 post but it didn't work. I thought the hotfix wasn't necessary if you were using 9.4.26.

Also, my comment about the number of times you can install Nero was clarified in another thread in that online chat said the counter didn't start until you got to activating the installation. Just wanted to clarify that because I forgot I mentioned it in this thread.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic