Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Windows 7/ShowTime problem
Fantsu
post Dec 20 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,653,177

I successfully installed the Nero 9 Reloaded package on my new PC running on Windows 7, but I keep getting a runtime error every time I try to start ShowTime. Everything else in the package starts beautifully. Any ideas on how to sort this? I'm definitely not a computer expert, so simple directions would be appreciated, if there indeed is a solution to this problem. Loads of thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 21 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Hi Fantsu-

Do you have any other software similar to Showtime running besides Windows Media Player?

+Quote Post
Fantsu
post Dec 21 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #3

I have Windows Media Center and HP Media Smart, both of which came with the PC along with WMP. Do you think the problem has something to do with those?

I actually don't need to use ShowTime, but it feels funny not to be able to use something I've paid for.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 21 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I could probably help you if other people who had similar problems would have posted the resolution.

There's been a number of people with Win 7 who have experienced a runtime problem with different parts of Nero, including Showtime.

The best way to resolve it is to e-mail the problem to Nero. To do that, first run the "getsupportfiles" on the first page of the forum. It will put the results in a .cab file on your desktop. Then go to "support from a Nero expert" in the same place and click on technical issues. fill out the form, attach the .cab file and submit it.

Please post the response to benefit others.

+Quote Post
Fantsu
post Dec 21 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Will do! Cheers for the point to the right direction :)

Edit: Just sent in the support request.

This post has been edited by Fantsu: Dec 21 2009, 02:19 PM

+Quote Post
Fantsu
post Dec 23 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #6

Well it wasn't much of a problem after all. The support suggested removing the whole package with CleanTool and installing it again. While doing so I also put a mark under the .NET Framework folder in Windows properties (or some such), as someone suggested it elsewhere in the net (not Nero support). After all this ShowTime started working normally. So I'm not really sure what was the initial problem: a) bad installation of Nero, or b) a mark missing in .NET Framework. I don't even know what the latter does!

Anyway - I hope this helps someone else who's had similar problems. Merry Christmas! :D

--- response---

Dear xxx,

thank you for your e-mail.

To solve the problem we suggest that you uninstall all Nero 9 applications from your computer first and proceed by reinstalling Nero 9 completely. Please proceed with the following three steps:

1. Find your Nero 9 serial number.
2. Uninstall all Nero 9 programs using the Nero General CleanTool
3. Install the latest version of Nero 9

Important note:
Please make sure to deactivate your antivirus software before following the steps above, otherwise you may encounter problems and Nero cannot be removed/reinstalled properly. After Nero has been successfully reinstalled, you can activate your antivirus software again.

For a later reinstallation of Nero 9 it is necessary that you find and note your serial number before uninstalling Nero.

Please proceed as follows to find your Nero 9 serial number in Nero ControlCenter:
Click "Start" in the Windows start menu.
Subsequently click the entries "All Programs"-"Nero" –"Nero ControlCenter".
-> Nero Control Center will open.
Click the "Licence" icon on the left side to see your serial number.
-> Your serial number is displayed in the window on the right.
Please write down your serial number.

Alternatively, you can also find your serial number in the Windows registry.
Please proceed as follows:
Click "Start" in the Windows start menu.
Click the "Run" command.
-> The window "Run" will open.
Enter "regedit" in the "Open" text field and click the "OK" button.
-> The registry window will open.
You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.
Simply go into the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Shared\NL9
(Windows Vista x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Nero\Shared\NL9)
-> Your serial number is displayed next to the "Serial9" entry. It is structured as follows:
9Mxx-xxxx-xxxx-… or
1Mxx-xxxx-xxxx-…
Please write down your serial number.

Please note that the Nero General CleanTool will uninstall all other new Nero products as well. If one of the following products is installed on your computer, write down the respective serial number as it is required for the reinstallation process:
- Nero BackItUp 4
- Nero MediaHome 4
- Nero Move it

Now start uninstalling all Nero 9 applications from your computer using the Nero General CleanTool.
Please proceed as follows:

Download the Nero General CleanTool, save this file to your desktop.
http://www.nero.com/redir.php?id=4558
Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.
Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the CleanTool.
-> The window "Nero General Clean Tool" will open. The installed Nero version will be displayed.
Activate the checkboxes in the displayed Nero version.
Then click the "Clean" button.
-> A status window will open.
The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right.
In the window "Nero General Clean Tool" click the "Exit" button as soon as the erasing procedure is completed.
Reboot your computer.
-> The Nero General CleanTool has removed all Nero entries from your computer.

To install the latest Nero 9 version, please proceed as follows:
(Note: do not install a previous Nero 9 version from an installation CD now, but download and install the latest version of Nero 9 from our website. All Nero 9 download versions have the full range of functions as an original Nero 9 installation CD. There is no need to install a previous version of Nero first.)

Download and install the latest Nero 9 version from our website using the following link:
http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-update.php
Save this file to your desktop.
Double-click the downloaded Nero 9 installation file to start the installation.
Enter your Nero 9 serial number during the installation to make your Nero into a permanent version.
(The download without a serial number is a trial version only).
-> You now have a newly installed version of Nero 9 on your computer.

If one of the following products
- Nero BackItUp 4
- Nero MediaHome 4
- Nero Move it
had been installed on your computer, please download the latest version from our website:
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-downloads.html

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Dirk Tillinger
Nero Support

This post has been edited by Fantsu: Dec 23 2009, 01:07 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 23 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

The .net framework issue is discussed in several threads but I did't think it applied to this problem. I could be wrong. It required replacing the .net framework versions with downloaded versions. These kind of problems are scattered all over the forum and sometimes, if i'm ambitious, I'll search for them.

Really glad you got it working.

+Quote Post
emnesto
post Jan 8 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,672,648

fantsu - what were the marks you needed to change in .net framework?

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 9 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I doubt that he'll be back. As I mentioned, some people have downloaded and installed several version of .net framework to resolve similar problems. Do a search for framework on this part of the forum to see what they've done. I don't have time to do it.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic