IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How do you mount a disc image> 6.0 was easy...
RedLebaron1989
post Dec 18 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,651,104

I use dvd shrink to make iso files, Nero 6.0 was easy for mounting images. How do you do it on 9.0??? Much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 18 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I've heard the term "mounting" many times but confess I never looked into what it actually means. Best thing to do is tell me what you want to do with the files. Burn them to disc, edit them, etc.

+Quote Post
RedLebaron1989
post Dec 18 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #3

Mounting a disc image is done with two image DVD drives that allow you to play the ISO just like a regular disc. Nero 6.0 allowed that to happen, you can rip a DVD using DVD shrink and it saves it as an .ISO file. It can then be mounted using NERO 6.0 which has the two image drives as an option and the .ISO plays like a regular DVD except it won't skip, you can't scratch it and shrinking it takes out all the menus and it is stored on the hard drive. I stopped burning DVD's years ago because of mounting .iso files. NO where in NERO 9.0 does it allow you to mount the image YET is does recognize the two image drives.

This post has been edited by RedLebaron1989: Dec 18 2009, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 19 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

In version 6, what do you use specifically to do this? I mean, what is the procedure?

In V9, you have the Image Recorder and the Image Tool, both which create images of a drive. How does V9 see image drives?

+Quote Post
momo83
post Dec 19 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,193,092

Hi,

In Nero 6, Nero 7 and perhaps Nero 8, run tools, Nero image drive.

First time, it will install the driver and then you will be able to chose 1 or two devices.

Then, you can mount one or two image file (.ISO or .NRG).

This OK under XP, don't know if VISTA or W7.

I have both Nero7 and Nero 9 under XP-SP3, so i mount my image file using Nero 7 and then use Nero 9 APP's.

+Quote Post
RedLebaron1989
post Dec 19 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #6

I'm using XP, instead of fiddle screwing around (Plus I emailed Nero Support) I downloaded daemon, simple yet effective way to mount the iso. As for 6.0, when I upgraded to 9.0 it erased all 6.0 functions except showtime 2.0. I'm keeping 6.0 on my other computer to do just what you said. They're all linked through my wireless network.

+Quote Post
momo83
post Dec 19 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,193,092

Perhaps this is now resolved, but y think daemon was not a good nero friend.

So, if you have now some problem with writing CDs or DVDs, remember this.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 19 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find Nero drive image under tools in V9 so, based on your procedure, it's not in V9. I don't know if you could use the other two tools that I mentioned above.

+Quote Post
RedLebaron1989
post Dec 20 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #9

I appreciate all the replies, but all I wanted an answer to was how to mount a disc image using NERO 9. It doesn't offer that option, if it did someone on this forum would have told me how to do it by now. As I wrote I do not burn DVD's, I convert them all to image files with DVD shrink and mount them on the hard drive. Buring a DVD is obsolete, I only bought NERO 9.0 Showtime 2.0 won't work on Windows 7. I asked the Nero help site about mounting images, they have yet to reply back except with the auto reply they got it 4 days ago. Funny thing, the disc drive tool in 9.0 identifies my image drives Nero 6.0 created, but that's about it. I'm betting I have to purchase some other application by NERO to do what 6.0 did as a total package. As for Daemon, it mounts the image like Nero did (past tense) and it plays on the showtime that is part of Nero 9.0. I wish Nero was that easy, truth is it is not user friendly and lacks the tools 6.0 had.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 20 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Just thought I'd mention that you won't get much feedback in this forum. Very few people ever come back after they get their problems resolved. I think it's primarily because most Nero users don't use it professionally. The other forums I go to have people who use the products everyday and depend on it to make a living. Those forums are top heavy with experienced users and experts and even have owner/management interaction. Besides a couple of Nero employees, I'm the only one here with any frequency. Nero doesn't monitor the forum because they prefer that people submit their problems to them so they can figure out what needs to be fixed in the next update (that's my opinion).

In addition, the only version of Nero compatible with Win 7 is V9.4.26. That's probably why ShowTime didn't work because it's all the way up to V6.............

I'm curious why you don't use Nero to create your image files instead of DVDShrink?

+Quote Post
RedLebaron1989
post Dec 21 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #11

DVD shrink has the ability to circumvent the copy right protection, NERO can't do that.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic