Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Make multiple Copies of Disc
TaoOfSteve
post Dec 16 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,648,582

DVD RW Novice and Nero Novice Here, Using Nero 8 Essentials in Windows XP pro. i'm trying to make a dozen copies of a personal slide show from a DVD+RW (no copyright). Can't seem to figure it out. Using the "Copy Disk" tool, but can't seem to do more than one at a time. The first attempt is fine, but folder with CopyImage is empty after finishing the first/each copy, requiring starting the entire sequence to be repeated again. there's got to be a better way. What's the trick to making multiple copies from a DVD? I tried other tools, like buring data, burning DVD, but the burned DVD can't be played (is this what the community refers to as a 'coaster'?)Can I make multiple copies without without having to rip the data from the source disc to the hard drive each and every time? or is there a setting that needs to be reset to save the contents of the CopyImage for burning subsequent copies of the same material? I hope my post makes more sense than the Nero 8 copying process does to me. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 16 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

People refer to a disk as a coaster if they burn something to a disk type other than the RW type and the burn fails or the result is not as expected. Only RW can be written to more than once.

Where are you trying to copy the DVD to- your hard drive, another disk?

+Quote Post
TaoOfSteve
post Dec 17 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,648,582

i got a few 'coasters' then...I created a slideshow (not nero) and burned it to DVD+RW. I'm trying to make 13 duplicates of that original DVD. Have tried several methods in nero8 essentials like rip, burn, etc., to no avail. it either won't initiate or i end up with coasters. I've tried using the 'CopyImage' file as the source, but it's automatically deleted after a single disc is sucessfuly copied. The only method to work thus far is the 'Copy Disc' command in the StartSmart interface. But as I bemoaned in my post, it wants the source disc uploaded to the hard drive each and every time. Thanks for your help.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 17 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You might have lousy burns but you don't have coasters. You can write over them because your using RW (Read/write).

If you use Data CD or Video CD in Express, after you add the file, in the final burn settings screen, you can specify the number of copies.

The above should be doable in any final burn settings. I'm not familiar with Essentials so I don't know what you have. That's why I mention Express.

This post has been edited by wither: Dec 17 2009, 04:11 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic