Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 9 with DVD Shrink
johnlanza
post Dec 12 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,643,216

I've used DVD Shrink for the last three years or so without any major issues.

Having been issued a new computer, I downloaded DVD Shrink and purchased Nero 9, which unfortunately doesn't seem to work with DVD Shrink. Any chance a patch or update by Nero is in the works that will make Shrink and Nero a happy couple again?

If not, since I did just purchase Version 9, is there any chance I could download a previous version of Nero that does work with DVD Shrink? (I know version 6.3.1.18 works with DVD Shrink)

Thanks for any assistance.

John

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 12 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You would need to identify this to Nero directly by e-mail or by the Online chat (when they're open). Go to "support from a Nero expert" on the first page of the forum and select either the Online option or the technical issues. One or two Nero employees occasionally monitor the forum but there is no guarantee they will open this thread.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
Marwell
post Dec 13 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,644,786

This is an old problem that started with Nero 8. Nero changed the program commands enough that it no longer works as a supported burner with Shrink. Nero said they were not responsible for supporting Shrink. Since there will probably not be any more Shrink updates, no help from that direction. Best to forget the later versions of Nero for automatically burning with Shrink.

Upgrade Shrink to use ImgBurn as a supported burner. It's free and does an excellent job. ( http://rs277.rapidshare.com/files/35280436...k_w_ImgBurn.rar )

Read "DVDShrink and autoburning with ImgBurn". ( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664041 )

Or downgrade back to Nero 7 ( not Nero 8! :angry: ).

You may create ISO image of DVD using DVDShrink and burn it with Nero 9 too.

Have a luck! :unsure:

Marwell

+Quote Post

Closed Topic