Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Making MP3 CD's with 7.11.10.0
thricipio
post Aug 16 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,162,903

When it comes to burning an Audio CD with, for example, iTunes, one can opt to create an "MP3 CD." That is, a CD consisting of MP3 files that will play on an Audio CD player that's designed to handle this format.

I haven't been able to find the Nero settings that will allow me to do this and it occurs to me: perhaps Nero Burning ROM doesn't provide this capability... but this would be surprising... in a disappointing sort of way.

So... I thought I'd ask the experts: Can this be done? And if so, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks. --Thri

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Aug 18 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Hi thricipio,

there is a tutorial on the Nero website which describes step by step how you can creat a MP3 CD. The "Audio" tutorial can be found here: http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero7-tutorials-audio.html

+Quote Post
thricipio
post Aug 20 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,162,903

Hey Doc-

Thanks for the tip.

I downloaded both versions of the zipped help file (.chm & ebook). Couldn't unzip the .chm file... WinZip 8.0 told me it had an invalid file format. No biggy. The ebook version unzipped okay. The help file instructs me to look for "Make MP3 CD" on the Audio page of the SmartStart utility, but on my version, what seems to be in its place is an icon that says, "Create Jukebox CD (MP3, MP4, WMA)." Hopefully, those instructions are the ones I need.

We'll see.

Anyway, thanks again...

—Thri

+Quote Post
Mister_M
post Aug 20 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 69,291

Do you use the advanced mode in Nero StartSmart? If not, activate it by clicking the button with the 2 guys at the bottom of the window. Now they should be wearing glasses, what´s means, that the expert mode is activated.

Now take a look again on the audio tab, the 'Make MP3 CD' button should appear. But you could also use the jukebox CD.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic