Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Vision in Nero 9 with Windows 7 64 Bit
ElGuito
post Nov 21 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,874,608

Hello everyone. I updated to Nero 9 - Reloaded and the promise of Windows 7 compatibility. Well, Nero Vision starts and as soon as the main screen displays, it switches to: Nero Vision Has Stopped.
Nero should visibly display "Windows 7 32 Bit compatible".
Anyone know of a good AVI to DVD (VOB files) that works with Windows 7 64 Bit?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 22 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

There's a similar problem in Reloaded\Recode with Win 7 concerning other types of files which Nero is working on.

Try this-

Right click on the taskbar and select properties/start menu and checkmark "Store and display a list of recently opened files'.

Does this work?

+Quote Post
ElGuito
post Nov 30 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #3

On the Task Bar and Start Menu Properties, Start Menu tab, I have: check on: Store and Display recently opened program on the Start menu, and Store and display recently opened recently opened items in the Start Menu and the taskbar.

Why would displaying recently opened programs, or files have to do with Nero Vision not working on Windows 7 64 bit?

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 30 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I have no idea. It was a fix for another problem. Did you try it? Did it work?

+Quote Post
thommy2458
post Dec 1 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,630,593

Hello-New to this forum.I just upgraded to Windows 7 and then upgraded to Nero 9(because of Windows 7) and my dvd drives

do not recognize anything-blank,recorded,etc since both of these upgrades.I tried using the clean installer 4 times,tried updating drivers,installing and reinstalling drivers-still

both internal and external drives don't recognize any media.Any ideas?

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 2 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Thommy- please start a new thread since your problem is not related to the original and it will get more attention.

+Quote Post
ElGuito
post Dec 9 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #7

I know that Windows 7 has been out for only a month and a half, for developers it has been available for many months.
I also realize that Nero Vision was acquired a long time ago from another company, so the developers probably don't even exist anymore.

This is not a question for Nero, it is a question for people who use AVI to DVD software, anyone knows of something that works natively (not virtual machine) with Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 10 2009, 04:25 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Nero is compatible with 64 bit Win 7, it just runs as a 32 bit program just like in 64 bit Vista. Myself and many others have had no problems with it in either 64 bit Vista or Win 7. Obviously some people have had problems with it but the problems were resolved or Nero is working on it for the next update.

You haven't even started to exhaust the free support you can get for your problem. You can get free Online chat or e-mail tech support.

When you installed Reloaded, did you uninstall whatever previous version you had? How did you do it?

+Quote Post
BrettR
post Dec 11 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,642,169

Ok I have the exact same problem on a FRESH install of Windows 7 64 bit, all those people here saying they haven't got a problem go get a life your not helping, this is a forum for helpful people right? if you do not a have a solution do not reply to the thread.

My installation stops at 94% each time and asks me to roll back, I decided not to, yet I am able to use all programs though I have not yet tried to create any DVD format!

So if anyone does have a solution which I would say Nero will have an update out soon too combat this issue!

Thanks!

+Quote Post
BrettR
post Dec 12 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 8,642,169

Well I finally got it installed on windows 7 :) .

The Process I took!

Updated the mainboard BIOS.

Reset Bios settings.

Used the Nero Clean Tool to remove all old and unused files!

Started system make sure everything worked.

Rebooted system make sure windows has updated all the new settings!

Made sure no programs running (including antivirus) While install. ( unplug or disable internet for your safety )

Run install, find something to occupy yourself for 5=10 minutes.

It works perfectly, Enjoy!

Hope this works for you. :)

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 12 2009, 02:59 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I spend two to three hours almost every day trying to help people with various Nero problems. I guess it's your turn. What you did is a part of what I would have asked you to do if you had posted a thread on your problem. I responded the way I did because someone was looking for a program that would work with 64 bit Win 7, when in fact it does work with it as you found out. Let's see, there's over 8 million Nero users. If they all had problems with it, there would be many more threads in this forum as there are. I'm not defending Nero but there are a huge number of different computer configurations out there and you can't test for every one of them. If you think these kind of problems are isolated to Nero, then you need to visit the forums for other software programs that have been certified for Win 7.

+Quote Post
ElGuito
post Dec 16 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #12

Hello again, I did follow BrettR steps, one by one.
And, Nero Vision still stops right after the first screen:
The details from are:
Nero Vision Version 6.4.17.100

The module that makes it crash is:
AnalogTvPlugin.dll version 6.3.8.3

Every other application that I use, part of Nero and not Nero related they all work. Just Nero Vision does not <_<
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 17 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

What operating system are you using?