Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Motion Adaptive Frame Rate Conversion
SAGAT93
post Oct 29 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,589,995

I want to encode a movie using the best settings for quality. Should I leave this checked? Will this "up" my frame rate? Also should I use it with progressive scanning?

This post has been edited by SAGAT93: Oct 29 2009, 07:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SAGAT93
post Oct 30 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #2

bump

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 31 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

According to the Vision help-

If the check box is activated, then motion adaptive conversion is used in order to improve the picture quality of the videos and slide shows.

This box is deactivated by default. I'm wondering why yours is checked.

It's up to you as to whether or not to use this. There's also a similar setting for de-interlacing.

I don't know how these work so really can't answer your other questions (don't even know what progressive scanning is and couldn't find it in help- perhaps you could enlighten us).

+Quote Post
SAGAT93
post Oct 31 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #4

I checked it. When the mouse is placed over the box, it reads: If required, intermediate frames get created based on motion analysis rather than by frame duplication. I know de-interlacing is not needed because I'm using progressive scanning anyways. Interlacing is an old method of framing where the television plays one frame after the next (thats why you would see horizantal lines). In progressive both frames [per second] are shown at once. Hope that was a good explanation. The thing is I'm wondering if motion adaptive frame rate conversion is anything like de-interlacing. Do I need to use it with progressive scanning? Does it even have anything to do with it?

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 31 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I still don't know how you implement "progressive scanning" in Vision.

+Quote Post
SAGAT93
post Nov 2 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #6

Here is a picture. I need to know if motion adaptive frame rate conversion is something like motion adaptive de-interlacing, where it should only be checked if you are using interlaced scanning, or, if it has nothing to do with that. basically. any additional knowledge would be helpful also.

This post has been edited by SAGAT93: Nov 2 2009, 05:41 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  untitled.bmp ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 326

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 2 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Now I understand what you're talking about.

The manual just says this feature improves the quality. I would assume it would work regardless of which sampling technique you use. For some reason, the manual says you shouldn't change the sampling technique unless you're an expert. Apparently, we're not the experts but I wonder who is.

Why don't you go to Nero Live Chat and talk to them about it? If you get a good answer, you could post it back here.

+Quote Post
SAGAT93
post Nov 2 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #8

i burnt the same movie twice using the same settings, the only difference is motion-adaptive frame rate conversion. The one without it, the picture looks normal, good quality. now with the one with it, it seems to blend frames together making the motion more smooth. the only thing is that im wondering if it could at times effect the quality negatively perhaps blurring or discoloration. but definetely at times the quality of the framerate looks much better. It gives the illusion of an HD video. However im still wondering if I should use it with progressive if that means anything at all, if i need to use it to improve quality; i mean encoding anything extra other then but from the movie itself would only alter the original picture, right? Im wondering if it has anything to do with motion compensation (wikipedia).

This post has been edited by SAGAT93: Nov 4 2009, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
SAGAT93
post Nov 4 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #9

OK so I've decided to go without the motion adaptive frame rate conversion. It tends to blur the content. NOW I'm wondering if I should use Super Resolution with an already high-def video. Would it really upscale the picture? Should I use it? Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by SAGAT93: Nov 4 2009, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
tylee
post Nov 5 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 45,851

why would you use the option Superesolution if you already have a HD file? It woul donly take you more time to transcode the file i do not htink that the quality will get better.

IMHO i think the feature Superresoution is only good if you have SD content and try to upscale it to HD.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic