Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 9 vision temp files
thumper007
post Oct 8 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,564,195

The temp files in C:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\nero100526 folder are not being deleted after burning a DVD and are filling up my C: drive. Do I manually delete them? Shouldn't Nero clean up these temp files?
Thanks, George
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 8 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Run the Windows disk cleanup tool (make sure "temporary files" and "empty recycle bin" are checked. This should delete them. Can't tell you whether or not Nero is supposed to delete these files. Somebody else will probably chime in about this.

Interesting that you can get into this the documents and ... folder. Vista won't let me in even though it gives everyone read privledges. I somehow got in one time but can't do it now.

This post has been edited by wither: Oct 8 2009, 11:58 PM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Oct 9 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

@thumper007,

Do you have the first Nero 9 version? This was a know problem in the first Nero 9 release version, but has been fixed since then.
Try installing the latest update: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-update.php
This should solve the problem.

@wither,
in Vista the temp folder is under "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local"
If the folder is not displayed in this directory, check the following settings in Windows:
In the menu bar of Windows Explorer select the "Tools" menu. Select "Folder Options", go to the "View" tab, and in the navigation tree under "Hidden files and folders" select the option "Show hidden files and folders". Confirm this change by clicking the "Apply" and "OK" buttons.
Maybe this helps you!
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 9 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Thanks Infohelp. I knew about that folder, which the windows disc cleanup tool doesn't clean, so my advice was incorrect. By the way, that folder isn't empty (using V8 ultra) but it doesn't have many files.

I was just commenting about the "documents and settings folder." Frustrating to everyone with a stand-alone computer that you can't get access to this kind of stuff. Probably that way to protect us against ourselves.

By the way, as far as I know, no one from Nero has looked at Katrina8's problem in the backitup section. You mentioned you would get someone to look at it.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Oct 13 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

I undernstand. Sorry about the katrina5´s post, I will post something now!

+Quote Post

Closed Topic