> Closed Captioning
tgbrowning
post Sep 17 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,537,744

Greetings,

[running windows vista sp2, hppavilion dv4]

I'm deaf and consequently, require closed captioning on movies, dvds and tv. I have a number of recorded shows that I'd like to clean up a bit and move to a permanent dvd but have encountered a number of problems.

What I'd like to do is store the program on my drive (easy enough) and then edit the recording, remove commercials and manage to retain all of the closed captioning. Several program's I've tried lose the captioning entirely if I do any modification of the files.

Is it possible to do that -- and if so, which Nero program (Vision?) would I use.

tgbrowning>>>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MJ1981
post Sep 18 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,202,814

It is possible to edit and to remove commercials from video files using Nero Vision. If the closed captions are not hard coded (part of the video stream), the closed captions cannot be retained using Nero.

With Nero Recode (also part of Nero 9) you can creat Nero Digital files with subtitles. You can either add subtitle files (e.g. SRT) or you can creat the subtitles yourself.

It is not possible to creat new DVD-Video discs with subtitles using Nero yet.

+Quote Post
tgbrowning
post Sep 22 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,537,744

QUOTE (MJ1981 @ Sep 18 2009, 01:35 PM) *
It is possible to edit and to remove commercials from video files using Nero Vision. If the closed captions are not hard coded (part of the video stream), the closed captions cannot be retained using Nero.

With Nero Recode (also part of Nero 9) you can creat Nero Digital files with subtitles. You can either add subtitle files (e.g. SRT) or you can creat the subtitles yourself.

It is not possible to creat new DVD-Video discs with subtitles using Nero yet.

Thanks -- I suspected as much but had hoped. As usefull as tre CCing is, is a big pain in the rear to handle from what I've seen. And I'm not just talking about this issue, but of such problems as the way different scan set-up alter them.

Browning>>>

+Quote Post

Closed Topic