IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 7 essentials "Nero startsmart essentials" cant start.
joelzz8
post Sep 13 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,532,797

Hi,

I am using nero 7 essentials for 2 years without any problem until i've decided to use Nero 8 which comes with my new DVD writer.
Due to some reasons (Audio mp3 track was chopped into half when dragging into an audio CD to be burned), I've decided to switch back to Nero 7 and after reinstalling Nero 7 I can't start the the program.

a window just opened up and says that "Nero startsmart has stopped working.. windows is checking for solution" Nero info tool is also not working either.
The Problem signature is pasted below, appreciate if anyone can help me to get the program working again. thanks.

regards,
joe

Product
Nero StartSmart

Problem
Stopped working

Date
13-Sep-09 4:44 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: NeroStartSmart.exe
Application Version: 3.10.1.7
Application Timestamp: 481f0870
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4016
Fault Module Timestamp: 49cc5361
Exception Offset: 00050458
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 14d4
Additional Information 2: b11afa5b1531f5f1d1ddc1f9783bd74a
Additional Information 3: 118b
Additional Information 4: d67bf2130f7c28e323c006e7642d5376

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 616063666
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 14 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I guess your using Vista from the bucket ID.

You should have posted your problem with V8 before switching back to V7. I'm sure there's a resolution.

There seem's to be some controvery about whether you can have two different versions of Nero on the same computer. If you really want to go back to V7, I'd suggest you get the V8 clean tool and run it to delete V8. Reboot. Run the Windows disk clean tool, empty the recycle bin, turn off UAC and anti-virus and then install V7.

Let us know if this helps.

+Quote Post
joelzz8
post Sep 14 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #3

Hi Wither,

I've posted the V8 problem on the forum too , so far there is no reply.

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=3556

I've a few question: is the cleantool for v7 and v8 the same? The file size seems to be the same. Can I know what is UAC?

Thanks.

regards,

joe

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 14 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I didn't think that the clean tools were the same for versions 7 and 8 but there is a general clean tool here- http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html#tab4 that you can try. That's where Nero sends you from the forum.

UAC is User Access Control and is for preventing malware from doing things to your computer. If on, it sometimes interferes with installation of some programs.

If you go to Control Panel/User Accounts, you will find the option to turn it off.

I think that the Nero employees will help you with the thread that you posted so you can use V8.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 15 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi joelzz8,

I will answer your other post regarding Nero 8 too. But now to this Nero 7 Essentials problem: it is not possible to install both Nero 7 Essentials and Nero 8 Essentials on the same computer.

I recommend you to run the Nero CleanTool to assure a clean installation.

@wither, actually the CleanTool is the same one for all Nero versions.

Please run the Nero CleanTool, and then install either the latest Nero 7 or the latest Nero 8 version on your computer.

Regarding the Nero 8 mp3 problem, I think this could be related to your Nero 8 Essentials version. Some Essentials versions have the mp3Pro plug-in included and some not. Maybe you are missing this plugin. In this case the best thing to do, would be to contact Nero TechSupport and send them your Nero 8 Essentials serial number for verification.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
joelzz8
post Sep 15 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #6

Hi,

I did use the Nero Clean tool downloaded from Nero website to uninstall the Nero in my PC. Tried on both Nero 7 and Nero 8. Doesn't solve the problem.

Unlike the Nero 7 Which I've got from another DVD drive which has an legitimate serial number.
The Nero 8 version is called LG burning tools. I got this from buying an internal DVD writer (LG- GH22). There isn't any serial number found in "Nero Control Center" It is written "OEM" in the Serial Number column. The Nero Express Essential version is 8.3.17.0.

The Audio Plugins MP3PRO.dll is found in the directory :C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\AudioPlugins\

One thing I found out is that the Track time problem only happens to voice recordings. It works perfectly fine with the rest of the mp3 songs.
How can I contact the Nero Tech support? Thanks.

regards,
joe

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 16 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi joelzz8,
TechSupport you can contact here: http://www.nero.com/eng/support-form.html Just complete the contact form.
I would suggest you to contact them and send them a NeroSupport.cab and if you can a test audio file to be analyzed, as this is related to the audio files, and to reproduce it they will need to use the original file presenting the problem.
Regarding the Nero OEM serial number you look for it in the Windows registry.
Please proceed as follows:
Click "Start" in the Windows start menu.
Click the "Run" command.
-> The window "Run" will open.
Enter "regedit" in the "Open" text field and click the "OK" button.
-> The registry window will open.
You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.
Simply go into the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info
-> Your serial number is displayed next to the "Serial8" entry. It is structured as follows:
1K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or
2K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
GarysLittleDove
post Jan 2 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,877,741

Well, I flat give up. I've tried everything posted here and else where and I'm worn out. It's just never going to work again. I get the splash screen then nothing. Unfortunately I can't revert back to Nero 6, because Nero 7 has something my MCE needs to run my TV. So I guess I'll just keep it on the computer and never be able to use the darn thing.

This post has been edited by GarysLittleDove: Jan 2 2011, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 2 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

What's your OS?

Did you uninstall V6 using the general clean tool? If you have XP, did you then run cleanmgr.exe, and reboot? Did you disable your anti-virus software completely before installing V7? For Vista and later, use the Windows Disk Cleanup tool instead of cleanmgr.exe.

+Quote Post
GarysLittleDove
post Jan 2 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 8,877,741

QUOTE (wither @ Jan 2 2011, 05:39 PM) *
What's your OS?

Did you uninstall V6 using the general clean tool? If you have XP, did you then run cleanmgr.exe, and reboot? Did you disable your anti-virus software completely before installing V7? For Vista and later, use the Windows Disk Cleanup tool instead of cleanmgr.exe.

Windows XP with all the SPs and updates. Yes I used the general clean tool, cleanmgr.exe, completely uninstalled my anti-virus so as to completely avoid any problems, and rebooted before reinstalling Nero 7. Hence the statement that I'd tried everything here and apparently Nero just doesn't want to work any longer.

Antivirus reinstalled after reinstalling Nero 7.

I've never had this problem and I've done a system restore several times over the last few years. That wasn't even the case this time, it just quit working one day.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 2 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I assume you tried it before you reinstalled the anti-virus software.

There's a thread pinned to the Installation section which addresses problems with installation of Nero in XP caused by an Microsoft Windows update back in around May. Perhaps, you should read and follow the instructions there.

In these difficult cases, it's best to send an e-mail to tech support with the nerosupport.cab attached.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic