Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> nero back it up ???
greekgod
post Aug 29 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,111,164

i have a question is nero back it up and burn the up dated version of nero back it 4 and if so why is my serial for nero back it up 4 not working on nero back it up and burn

This post has been edited by greekgod: Aug 29 2009, 03:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 29 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Backitup and Burn is a stand alone program. It is not the same as Backitup that may be contained in the Nero suite.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 5 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi greekgod,

Exactly, as wither said, BackitUp & Burn and BackItUp 4 are not the same product. BackItUp & Burn includes BackItUp version 5, it is not the update for Nero BackItUp 4 but a new version. You cannot use the Nero BackItUp 4 serial number to install BackItUp & Burn. You can download the latest BackItUp 4 version from the following link:

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-backitup-update.php

Regards, Infohelp

+Quote Post
Marauder1024
post Oct 13 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,179,742

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Sep 5 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Exactly, as wither said, BackitUp & Burn and BackItUp 4 are not the same product. BackItUp & Burn includes BackItUp version 5, it is not the update for Nero BackItUp 4 but a new version. You cannot use the Nero BackItUp 4 serial number to install BackItUp & Burn. You can download the latest BackItUp 4 version from the following link:

Then can/how do we upgrade from BackItUp 4 to BackItUp v.5? I have a license for BackItUp 4 (and for BackItUp and Burn). BackItUp and Burn does not integrate into the Nero Control Center or Smart Start. (Control Center shows a blank SN/Product) and I've found the fact that there is such a disconnect between it and the rest of the product suite to be annoying.

Plus, BackItUp 4 is listed under "Previous Products" on the Nero support/update page and my BackItUp 4 S/N offers me an upgrade discount for BackItUp and Burn...

So can you please further clarify why the change from BackItUp 4 to BackItUp and Burn 1 especially since there is no separate enumeration of BackItUp 5?

thanks.

This post has been edited by Marauder1024: Oct 13 2009, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 14 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

There is no separate release of backitup 5 so you can't upgrade from V4. It is integrated into backitup and burn.

As stated previously, backitup and burn is a standalone product for people who don't need the Nero suite so it stands to reason that it won't integrate into the Nero suite.

Note however that "backitup and burn" is now part of Nero 9 Reloaded so, if you want backitup and burn to be recognized in Startsmart, then you can buy Reloaded and get it all.

+Quote Post
Marauder1024
post Oct 16 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (wither @ Oct 14 2009, 02:18 AM) *
Note however that "backitup and burn" is now part of Nero 9 Reloaded so, if you want backitup and burn to be recognized in Startsmart, then you can buy Reloaded and get it all.

I have licenses for Nero 9, BackItUp 4, BackItUp and Burn, etc. (pretty much the entire Windows Suite). I am told that I already have the newest version (and thus don't qualify for an upgrade) when I enter my Nero 9 serial number at the upgrade page. I also today received an email announcing that Nero 9 Reloaded is a Free Upgrade, but when I click the link it takes me to the same Nero 9 update page with the same 9.4.26 update that I have already with ControlCenter still not recognizing BackItUp5/BackItUp and Burn, or it's Serial number...

Is there something simple that I am missing?

EDIT: In addition, I maybe I'm overlooking something, but I don't see an option to "subscribe" to the thread to receive email/notification when a new post is made.

This post has been edited by Marauder1024: Oct 16 2009, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 17 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

The update to V9 is 9.4.26 is the same as Nero 9 Reloaded except it doesn't include backitup and burn. That's why it says it's a free upgrade. V9 does have back up capability but it's not as extensive as that in backitup and burn. If you want V9 with backitup and burn, you have to buy Reloaded.

I don't think there's an option to subscribe by e-mail in this forum. You can insert an e-mail link by pressing the appropriate icon in the menu bar but I don't know if that's a notification.

+Quote Post
Marauder1024
post Oct 17 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (wither @ Oct 17 2009, 03:07 AM) *
The update to V9 is 9.4.26 is the same as Nero 9 Reloaded except it doesn't include backitup and burn. That's why it says it's a free upgrade. V9 does have back up capability but it's not as extensive as that in backitup and burn. If you want V9 with backitup and burn, you have to buy Reloaded.

Even though I already have independant licences for both Nero 9 and BackItUp and Burn?

I guess I may just have to live with it for now. It's really mostly just cosmetic anyway.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 17 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

As I mentioned earlier, if you want backitup and burn to be part of V9, i.e., you can use it from Startsmart, than you need Reloaded. Otherwise, you just use the two programs separately.

But I may be wrong. All Nero says is that Backitup and Burn is included with Reloaded. I was reading another thread where a person had problems installing Reloaded but said that Backitup and Burn installed ok. So maybe you can't use Backitup and Burn from Startsmart.

Can you check with Nero on that and let us know?

This post has been edited by wither: Oct 17 2009, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic