Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> advrcntr2.dll not found error
Paces
post Aug 20 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,488,053

I have installed Nero 9 on my Windows XP SP2 computer and get the above error. I have copied the alleged file into the system directory and still the problems persists. Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 20 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi Paces,

To fix this problem, you will have to rename a folder and reinstall Nero. Please proceed as follows:

- Delete the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings \<Username>\Local Settings\Temp

- Rename the folder "AdvrCntr4" in folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero into "AdvrCntr4_2".

- When reinstalling Nero, the folder "AdvrCntr4" will be created again. As soon as the folder "AdvrCntr4" is once again created in the directory

C:\ Program Files\Common files\Nero the directory "AdvrCntr4_2" can be erased.

- Please make sure to deactivate your antivirus software before following the steps below, otherwise you may encounter problems and Nero cannot be removed/reinstalled properly.

- Use the Nero Cleantool http://www.nero.com/redir.php?id=4558 to delete Nero.

- And install the latest Nero 9 update: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-update.php

- The folder "AdvrCntr4" was created again in the directory C:\ \Program Files\Common Files\Nero

- Folder "AdvrCntr4_2" can now be erased if you haven’t already done so.

This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
bwcross
post Jun 6 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,704,429

Nero missing AdvrCntr4.dll

So this is how I solved the missing AdvrCntr4.dll thing. This issue has been driving me nuts. This is how I solved the problem (at long last).

Background: I use Windows7 and purchased Nero 9 Reloaded via the internet a few months ago. Installed it ok but after a couple of weeks or so, I started to get blue screen crashes (3 times) when I tried to open Nero 9. I decided to reload it so deinstalled Nero 9 then tried several times to reinstall with no joy.

Somehow (and I still don't know why) AdvrCntr4.dll (which in System 7 lives in C/drive/program files/common files/Nero/AdvrCntr4.dll) disappeared. I had wondered if it had something to do with Nortons 360 security however couldn't establish that.

Several emails to Nero support (about 5) I still wasn't able to fix the problem or find the missing AdvrCntr4.dll. Nero support were polite, quite quick with replies and indeed did seem to be trying to be helpful but could not seem to help me solve the issue of the missing AdvrCntr4.dll.

What I did in the end was to completely wipe off all vestiges of any Nero product on my computer. This was via the usual Windows control panel de-install program and also the Nero General clean up tool. I didn't want to download AdvrCntr4.dll from other third party sources on the net in case of anything else that might have come with it.

I downloaded the TRIAL version of Nero 10. This installed ok and also installed AdvrCntr5.dll and AdvrCntr4.dll (or found it and put it back in the right place???)

So then following Nero's previous advice I went into Cdrive/program files/common files and renamed AdvrCntr4.dll to AdvrCntr4-2.dll. I also copied AdvrCntr4.dll to another drive in case I lost it again.

I then ran Nero general clean up tool about 4 or five times to get rid of any Nero including Nero 10 trial. This was initially without success but on about the 5th try the dialogue box came indicating the Nero Clean up had worked successfully.

Then I reinstalled Nero 9 and much to my surprise it worked. I then entered my serial number and bingo!!!

I then went back into Program files/Common files and deleted the file AdvrCntr4-2.dll, leaving the AdvrCntr4.dll in place. All working good (So far)

I still don't know what happened but obviously a lot of Nero customers are having the same problem.

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems to me from my experience and from the Nero replies, that the Nero support guys although as helpful, polite and prompt as they were, it seems that in answering a support request for an ongoing problem that they don't have some quick reference to a customer's previous messages and Nero replies. Sure they kept telling me to rename AdvrCntr4.dll but it was gone completely as far as I know.

As this issue went on for quite a while, and I urgently needed to process some wedding videos I had to in the mean time buy Roxio Creator Pro 2010, so not really happy about that.

Thank you for your interest I hope this might help someone else out there with missing AdvrCntr4.dll problems.

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Aug 20 2009, 08:08 AM) *
Hi Paces,

To fix this problem, you will have to rename a folder and reinstall Nero. Please proceed as follows:

- Delete the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings \<Username>\Local Settings\Temp

- Rename the folder "AdvrCntr4" in folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero into "AdvrCntr4_2".

- When reinstalling Nero, the folder "AdvrCntr4" will be created again. As soon as the folder "AdvrCntr4" is once again created in the directory

C:\ Program Files\Common files\Nero the directory "AdvrCntr4_2" can be erased.

- Please make sure to deactivate your antivirus software before following the steps below, otherwise you may encounter problems and Nero cannot be removed/reinstalled properly.

- Use the Nero Cleantool http://www.nero.com/redir.php?id=4558 to delete Nero.

- And install the latest Nero 9 update: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-update.php

- The folder "AdvrCntr4" was created again in the directory C:\ \Program Files\Common Files\Nero

- Folder "AdvrCntr4_2" can now be erased if you haven’t already done so.

This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
RichardPearson
post Dec 23 2010, 11:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,873,085

hi,

You can go to this location "fix-all-dll-errors dot com" and
then click on the button "Fix dll errors now" and download the program.
This will solve your dll file problem. :)

+Quote Post

Closed Topic