Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Burn Image to Disk w/Nero 7
WackyNoodle
post Aug 6 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,483,240

I used Acronis True Image to create a back up of my system to burn as an image to DVD (13 DVD’s actually). Acronis says to use a third party SW to create the images. When following the prompts after selecting “Burn Image to Disk” I am unable see my backup in the directory when “All Supported Compilations and Images” is selected as the file type. But I can see the back up when “all Files” is the file type. Naturally this has something to do with the extension on the Acronis backup which is “.tib”. If I proceed with the image burn using “All Files” would there be any issues? Let me add that this back up created with Acronis was done so that the files are already to bun as an image to disk. They are sitting on my hard drive waiting for a 3rd party SW (Nero) to burn them to disk. Acronis gets the image files ready but it does not have the functionality to burn.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 7 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi WackyNoodle,

It is not possible to burn a *tib file as an image DVD with Nero. You can burn these files with Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express to a Data disc, but not as an image disc. With Nero you can burn disc images (iso, nrg, files for example), but not system images as in this case. I can only recommend you to burn these files to a normal ISO DVD with Nero Burning ROM for example. The moment that you want to restore these files, you will have to follow the indications of Acronis True Image.

Regards,

Infohelp

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed Topic